Can Oliver Springs girls be beat?

statman2

thumb

I really just keep busting at the seem to give my "actual" prediction on the OS-Oneida ballgame Thursday, but...I really don't want to hurt any feelings or make anyone mad (or upset)!! I did share my actual feelings about what I think will happen with a person (or two) at the OS-Scott High game tonight, but....I will give my actual prediction when the time is right.

BTW, I think each team has 3-4 keys they need to focus on if they want to make the C'Ship!!

Oneida

1. Slow down the pace

2. Control Christopher

3. Mix up things on both ends of the court (the patented 2-3 or 1-2-2 may not be enough against the OS ball movement)

4. Take care of the ball against the OS pressure

Oliver Springs

1. Control the tempo

2. Play suffocating gal-to-gal D

3. Break the 1-2-2 or diamond press (whether it be via Christopher or by passing without letting the ball hit the court)

Told everyone I had been watching film!!

825568088[/snapback]

Answer,

First of all, no one should get mad or be hurt by anyone's prediction. It's your true feelings and hopefully an educated GUESS based on what you have seen.

Having said that, everyone knows I am an Oneida fan, but I am also a realist. The Lady Indians have had a great season and I believe these girls have the confidence to win this semi-final game. After talking to several of the girls, they really do believe they are going to win. Of course, that is what any baller should feel at this point. I have a huge amount of respect for Coach Bilyeu and the OS program. But, I have a feeling that the Lady Indians are ready for this test and this will be a monumental win for them. I know they need to catch a few breaks and the "keys to the game" you gave are legitimate, but I still think this a team of destiny. I have watched (and coached some) these girls since they were in Jr. Pro and were first learning the basics. This eighth grade group is special and I think it is their time.

I am in no way implying that Oneida is more talented than OS. Coach Newport and Coach Pike are great coaches, but so is Sam Bilyeu. This game is probably going to come down to a strange play that goes in favor of one team that happened to be in the right place at the right time. I just hope the Lady Indians put themselves in that right place. Remember, this is basically the same team that had a lead with less than two minutes to go on OS last year. Regardless of who wins, this is going to be a great contest between two talented and motivated teams.

GO Lady Indians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Words aren't able to do justice to efforts to a foul proned Lady Indian squad. Their top two defenders, Sexton and Terry, saddled with three fouls before the half. The Indians game plan took a huge hit when they tried to use screens to seperate defenders from the ball only to have blocking fouls called in each instance.(first 4 calls against them blocking) Its ironic that Christopher and Hall each had 2 fouls before the half as well, yet as aggressively as they played, they only picked up one more the rest of the way. Of course this is just sour grapes, no one likes to lose, and on this night the better team won. I feel confident that, based on the fact that the Lady Indians have beaten Wartburg three times, the Lady Bobcats task will become a bit easier. To the girls of the Oneida Basketball Team, great season and your accomplishments this year were earned with sweat and dedication. Sometimes I wonder how you manage to succeed so well in this world of distractions. You won't get a award for your last effort, but you'll always finish first in my book!

thumb Kaz thumb

Words aren't able to do justice to efforts to a foul proned Lady Indian squad.  Their top two defenders, Sexton and Terry, saddled with three fouls before the half.  The Indians game plan took a huge hit when they tried to use screens to seperate defenders from the ball only to have blocking fouls called in each instance.(first 4 calls against them blocking)  Its ironic that Christopher and Hall each had 2 fouls before the half as well, yet as aggressively as they played, they only picked up one more the rest of the way.  Of course this is just sour grapes, no one likes to lose, and on this night the better team won.  I feel confident that, based on the fact that the Lady Indians have beaten Wartburg three times, the Lady Bobcats task will become a bit easier.  To the girls of the Oneida Basketball Team, great season and your accomplishments this year were earned with sweat and dedication.  Sometimes I wonder how you manage to succeed so well in this world of distractions.  You won't get a award for your last effort, but you'll always finish first in my book!

thumb Kaz thumb

825572306[/snapback]

Hall left the game early with two fouls and she ended the game with 4 fouls.

With all respect intended, to be considered the best you have to beat the best. The best team in A2 is Oneida. Bottom line: 3 wins in 3 games with Wartburg. Still, I wish Wartburg the best of luck in the Championship Game and hope you represent A2 as proudly as Oneida did last night.

thumb Kaz thumb

With all respect intended, to be considered the best you have to beat the best.  The best team in A2 is Oneida.  Bottom line:  3 wins in 3 games with Wartburg.  Still, I wish Wartburg the best of luck in the Championship Game and hope you represent A2 as proudly as Oneida did last night.

thumb Kaz thumb

825572462[/snapback]

Agreed. If the best team in area 2 is Wartburg, they would've beaten Oneida. One was stolen away at your place, hmmmm, the better teams usually are in a position that the refs can't steal a game. Let's say that is the case though, there were two other games where the BEST team in area 2 won, neither time was it Wartburg. Wartburg has a good team, I will not take anything away from them, but they were not better than Oneida. Best of luck to you in the championship.

Best of luck to Laken Leonard of RBS, Kayla Christropher and Kelsey Hall of OS. Wished we could be there to watch you guys but will see you tomorrow (except for Laken, see her in a few months).

Go Bulldogs and Wildcats!! (isn't that funny, dogs and cats).

SSS#5 mom

Edited by Sidetrain

Best of luck to Laken Leonard of RBS, Kayla Christropher and Kelsey Hall of OS. Wished we could be there to watch you guys but will see you tomorrow (except for Laken, see her in a few months).

Go Bulldogs and Wildcats!! (isn't that funny, dogs and cats).

SSS#5 mom

825573739[/snapback]

Thanks Sidetrain!!! See ya Tomorrow!!

O.S. girls can be beat! Like at playstation or checkers or something like that. I' will go out and make a bold prediction..................here goes.....by the time they are Juniors they will have lost at least 1 game. In all honesty, this is the most aggressive and gutsy team I have ever seen in Middle School ball. Maybe not the best ever but most certainly the hardest playing team.