Can Oliver Springs girls be beat?

statman2

Well, I've been asking questions about OS on these threads, but I finally got to see them tonight. WOW!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not ready to concede the semis to OS just yet, though. The Lady Indians are pumped. With two of Wearwoods better players not getting to the game on time tonight, the Lady Indians could have won by as many as 50 or 60. The final was 44-11. I was so impressed with OS, but if the Lady Indians play a near perfect game (few turnovers, 45%+ shooting, even or out rebound OS, etc.) then the game Thursday should be a barn burner. Being a realist and seeing OS play finally doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about Oneida's chances, but I love to watch these Lady Indians play. And they are pumped about getting another shot at OS.

I always ask for predictions, but I am too much of a chicken to prophecy one on this game. All I will say is this has the possibility of being a great game. The fans I spoke with from the other areas tonight, feel this will be the best game of the tourney in the girls bracket.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, its all going to be some kind of party on Thursday Night! The 8:45 game has all the makings of a great basketball game, as (20-2) Oneida finally locks horns with (21-0) Oliver Springs. These two teams have been on a collision course since the game ended last year, and both of them took care of 1st round business to get to this much anticipated sectional semi-final. The talent levels appear to be equal, but OS clearly has a star in Christopher. It's anybodies guess as to what we will see as both coaches could mix things up to create confusion or do the things that they do best. You have to love a game of this magnitude in the semi-final, I'm sure there won't be any empty seats. As always, go Lady Indians!

thumb Kaz thumb

Is this game significant to their fans? I know neither team will trash the other, too much respect, but how does everyone feel this one will shake out? Is this Oneida's year? Is this the coronation from L. Hall to K. Christopher? Is Sammy B. hanging it up? Can this OMS 8th grade group break through? Press? Turnovers? Rebounds? Zone? Man? Fouls..............What do you people think will happen on Thursday Night?

thumb Kaz thumb

One thing that will help is Oneida is the fact they have been wanting another shot at OS since last year's 32-27 loss. A game in which they led 26-25 with 1:26 left.

Oliver Springs, however, probably wants a rematch with Rogersville as bad as Oneida wants to play OS and that could hurt the Lady 'Cats if they aren't 100% focused on the task at hand.

I predict someone will score. :PIf either team has to rebound, the're both gonna be in trouble. :justwrestle: I doubt either team will show up, and if they do, they won't bring a uniform. :justwrestle: I'm gonna have to go back and watch some more film, too, so I can be sure of this stuff. thumb Kaz

Oh well......no Oliver Springs - Rogersville rematch!

Eagleton defeated Rogersville 41 to 29 tonight.

Let me take the opportunity to thank coach Renner of the Rogersville City School Lady Warriors for a great run. Your influence on these young ladies over the past three years has been nothing but positive and will provide them with fond memories for years to come.

This group of girls have had much success under your leadership. The list of achievements during their three years of basketball at RCS include:

53 wins

1 conference championship

2 TMSAA area 1 championships

1 TMSAA sectional championship

The best part for RCS is that it will not stop there. There is a great group of 5th, 6th and 7th graders coming through that will certainly continue the winning ways and I wish them the best.

Congratulations Eagleton and best of luck with the rest of the tournament.

I really just keep busting at the seem to give my "actual" prediction on the OS-Oneida ballgame Thursday, but...I really don't want to hurt any feelings or make anyone mad (or upset)!! I did share my actual feelings about what I think will happen with a person (or two) at the OS-Scott High game tonight, but....I will give my actual prediction when the time is right.

BTW, I think each team has 3-4 keys they need to focus on if they want to make the C'Ship!!

Oneida

1. Slow down the pace

2. Control Christopher

3. Mix up things on both ends of the court (the patented 2-3 or 1-2-2 may not be enough against the OS ball movement)

4. Take care of the ball against the OS pressure

Oliver Springs

1. Control the tempo

2. Play suffocating gal-to-gal D

3. Break the 1-2-2 or diamond press (whether it be via Christopher or by passing without letting the ball hit the court)

Told everyone I had been watching film!!

The unit that plays the most consistently throughout the game should have the advantage. Oneida has the personnel to disrupt some of the things OS does well. OS can also do some things with their kids that will challenge the Lady Indians. They both are also excellent defensive teams that force teams to improvise on offense. OS uses pressure, Oneida pinpoints its pressure. The Lady Bobcats are the King of the Hill (no disrespect, Rogersville), the Lady Indians have been steadily climbing. Who Knows? <_<

thumb Kaz thumb