Region 8 results

Nainten

Results are based on my best recollection and are not complete.  Apologies in advance for any incomplet or incorrect info.

1st K. Johnson , Col over Spencer, Hou

3rd (Bernal??), Ger over Stute, Mil

1st D. Johnson, Bri over Brittcliffe, Col17-3

3rd ?????

1st Tisdale, Col over Trentlege, Bar  11-4

3rd ????? over Brandon Annis, Ger

1st Jonas Gibbs, Rwy over Jeff Hunt, Col  13-10

3rd Dustin Smith, Ger over Dalton Keinjan, Bar

1st Chad Warren, Rwy wbf over Andy Groves, Hou

3rd John Hannah, Cor over Kip Packer, Col

1st  David Hunt, Col over Kenny Flemming, Ger 10-4

3rd Rob Harrison, Rwy over Chris Reynolds, Cor

1st Brandon Wright, Hou dec Ben Scott, Rwy  3-2

3rd Ashton Johnson, Brighton, over  _______, Germantown

1st Andrew Barnett, Ger  tf  Chris Gipson, Cor 24-7

3rd Vincent Page, Rwy over Josh Rehder, Col

1st T.J. Hannah, Bol  dec Ryan Cullen, Col  3-2

3rd Dustin Ring, Cor over Greg Featherstone (sp), Ger

1st Luke Borneman, Hou wbf  Tom McNinch, Cor 24 secs left sat night ride

3rd Robert Norwood,  over Collierville opponent

1st Josh Bourland, Bol  wbf Dan Harris, Bar 

3rd Houston Wrestler over ????

1st David Booker, Kin dec Scott Berry, Cor 3-1 sv

3rd RJ Autry,Hou over Daniel Powers, Col

1st Uri Hansen Rwy dec Brett Rodgers, Col 4-3

3rd ??????????????

1st Stewart Allen, Cor over Carl Taylor, Rwy 3-2

3rd ???????????????

825563586[/snapback]

112 Tramel (Bartlett) defeated Matthew Craig (Kingsbury)

119 Reed Carter (Bolton) defeated Annis (Germantown)

171 Matthews (Houston) defeated Geyer (Germantown)

215 Rad (Houston) defeated Bernard (Bartlett)

275 Lindow (Collierville) defeated Conley (Bolton)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is big that Speroff didn't place his senior year. He placed his sophmore year and seemed to get worse as years progressed. i don't think his heart was in it. I don't think he wanted to be on the team this year. Good job dragons, sending 12 guys to the state, that is the most they have sent. One more that\n lact year's total.

Nainten, lets see if I can help you a little...

Yes it was Bernal from Germantown.

I think Nick Tramel of Bartlett was in the third and fourth match but I don't remember his opponent... I am sure BartletDad can help us out...

It was Dan Sharp of Germantown.  This was an interesting bracket for sure with notable matches of Ashton Johnson pinning Shawn Speroff (biggest upset of the tourney I saw) and Randall Mitchner of Cordova not qualifying.

It was Featherston of Germantown... I announced it wrong once before tha match and had the 'e' on there but corrected during medal presentations.

The Houston wrestler was Russell Matthews but I really don't remember who he defeated...

It was James Lindow of Collierville over David Conley of Bolton.

825563674[/snapback]

Your correct Nick Tramel Bartlett 112 beat M.Craig Kingsbury for 3rd

Thanks to WrestleSBA and BartlettDad for filling in the missing info. At least I didn't get the actual results wrong. Whew.

Very nice finals. Just a couple of comments and observations.

The action was easier to follow on three mats than on four. I would have expected four mats for a sixteen or so team tournament but it didn't seem to slow things down over the two days.

Great matches at 125 and 215; the best of the finals. Gibbs 3 NF points late in the third were awesome but to me Hansen's escape with just three seconds left was more dramatic. That's just me. Still both were fantastic finishes.

Of Speroff and Mitchner: as disappointed we might be as fans friends and relatives. It probably pales in comparison to the disappointment the wrestler themselves feel. I feel badly them. Hopefully this experience will pass for them soon and they will go on to greater things in their respective futures.

Congrats to all the wrestlers and the staff Ridgeway on a successful tournament.

Good luck at states! thumb

One of the most exciting matches for me was the last match fri. nite. Channing Bernard Bartlett-Harry John Cordova at 215. Bartlett fans chanting CHANNING CHANNING Cordova fans chanting HARRY HARRY, had the house rocking.Was the only match going on at the time. Had everyone on there feet.The winner of the match qualifying for at least 4th place.With Bartletts first year senior pinning him even sweeter.

Speroff's loss in the semi-finals was not an upset.  Brandon Wright has pinned him twice earlier this year.  He only beat him for the third time this year, a feat I was confident would happen.

825563855[/snapback]

If you read my post just a little more carefully you'll see that I said the upset was in the Consolation Semi's. He was pinned by the kid from Brighton, Ashton Johjson. Speroff was clearly in control, made a mistake and it cost him. I think everyone in the gym who is close to Region 8 wrestling would agree that it was an upset. Shawn has been an awesome wrestler for four years but making the jump from 119/125 last year to 140 this year was too much. He had however beaten the 3rd place (Brighton) and 4th place (Germantown) wrestlers in every other meeting. Although I was not happy to see Shawn lose, I was very happy for Ashton Johnson. He really looked like he wanted it.

Now to your wrestler Brandon Wright. That kid is a stud at 140. He deserved the championship and I think he has a great chance to bring Houston a State Championship in the next couple of years. I think he is one of the top 3 best young wrestlers in the Region. I'll look forward to watching.

One of the most exciting matches for me was the last match fri. nite. Channing Bernard Bartlett-Harry John Cordova at 215. Bartlett fans chanting CHANNING CHANNING Cordova fans chanting HARRY HARRY, had the house rocking.Was the only match going on at the time. Had everyone on there feet.The winner of the match qualifying for at least 4th place.With Bartletts first year senior pinning him even sweeter.

825564027[/snapback]

I'd have to agree with you, that was one of the most exciting matches. The fact that the other matches had ended allowed the entire audience to be focused on the match. The Collierville contingent was yelling for your wrestler as well and were happy with the outcome as Cordova was on our heels in team points. Both kids made it a great match but Bartlett was just a little better that night. thumb

If you read my post just a little more carefully you'll see that I said the upset was in the Consolation Semi's. He was pinned by the kid from Brighton, Ashton Johjson. Speroff was clearly in control, made a mistake and it cost him. I think everyone in the gym who is close to Region 8 wrestling would agree that it was an upset. Shawn has been an awesome wrestler for four years but making the jump from 119/125 last year to 140 this year was too much. He had however beaten the 3rd place (Brighton) and 4th place (Germantown) wrestlers in every other meeting. Although I was not happy to see Shawn lose, I was very happy for Ashton Johnson. He really looked like he wanted it.

Now to your wrestler Brandon Wright. That kid is a stud at 140. He deserved the championship and I think he has a great chance to bring Houston a State Championship in the next couple of years. I think he is one of the top 3 best young wrestlers in the Region. I'll look forward to watching.

825564123[/snapback]

Region 8s future very promising, the soph. class is loaded with alot of good wrestlers, with sophs.dominating the 112 class and spread out in all the other wgts in top 4, some good looking freshman in tourny and are jrs also.GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE GUYS THIS WEEKEND LETS REPRESENT REGION EIGHT THIS YEAR AND TAKE HOME SOME HARDWARE.

825564027[/snapback]

What are talking about. That was a horrible match. Both coaches could not figure out a strategy because both were making mistakes and breaking rules. You just had two good athletes going hard and both kids in a 30 minute warm-up, stalking the gym session with large amount of testosterone flowing. There were far more exciting matches. Then again you said that was most exciting to you!

Edited by REGIONX