112- danny coleman

119- mike ortiz

125- bo usary

130- ryan fuller

135- kelly felix

140- travis cregan

145-joel konz

152- tj hannah

160- bond davis or luke borneman (good match)

171- justin knox

189 john kirn or kenny merideth (should get best match)

215- matt letner

275- ben hazelett

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

103- hunter radolph

112- danny coleman

119- mike ortiz

125- bo usary

130- ryan fuller

135- kelly felix

140- travis cregan

145-joel konz

152- tj hannah

160- bond davis or luke borneman (good match)

171- justin knox

189 john kirn or kenny merideth (should get best match)

215- matt letner

275- ben hazelett

825567346[/snapback]

Coming out of region 8, I don't get to see a lot of these guys wrestle however we do travel to the mid-state area 4-5 times a year and have been at the state duals the last 3 so this is not a complete shot in the dark.

Kent Johnson (Coll) is on the weaker side of the 103 bracket and should have an easier time than Randolph getting to the final. If they do meet Kent will win. Randolph beat a very flu weakened Johnson on Friday night at state duals 9-2 but Johson is fully recovered and should be Collierville's first state champion.

Barnett (Germantown) 145 will wear gold

TJ Hannah is a very good wrestler at 145 where he was all year. My personal opinion is that he wanted a region title as a Senior but couldn't get it done at 145 against Barnett so he bumped. I don't think he can hang with the best 152's out there and may not even place.

Borneman will take 160. I believe his only losses this year are to Nick Marable from D2 CBHS. I don't know if he has met Davis this year and feel free to correct me on the losses if I'm wrong.

215- Lettner lost twice at State duals. Once to Rogers (Coll) and also to Weakley (Clarksville) bumping up from 189. Weakley's at 189 again and not saying Rogers will win but not Lettner. Watch Uri Hanson of Ridgeway.

Stewart Allen from Cordova will take 275

Coming out of region 8, I don't get to see a lot of these guys wrestle however we do travel to the mid-state area 4-5 times a year and have been at the state duals the last 3 so this is not a complete shot in the dark.

Kent Johnson (Coll) is on the weaker side of the 103 bracket and should have an easier time than Randolph getting to the final. If they do meet Kent will win. Randolph beat a very flu weakened Johnson on Friday night at state duals 9-2 but Johson is fully recovered and should be Collierville's first state champion.

TJ Hannah is a very good wrestler at 145 where he was all year. My personal opinion is that he wanted a region title as a Senior but couldn't get it done at 145 against Barnett so he bumped. I don't think he can hang with the best 152's out there and may not even place.

Borneman will take 160. I believe his only losses this year are to Nick Marable from D2 CBHS. I don't know if he has met Davis this year and feel free to correct me on the losses if I'm wrong.

215- Lettner lost twice at State duals. Once to Rogers (Coll) and also to Weakley (Clarksville) bumping up from 189. Weakley's at 189 again and not saying Rogers will win but not Lettner. Watch Uri Hanson of Ridgeway.

825567601[/snapback]

If Bond does what he's capable of doing, he'll could not only win gold, but could steal the OW award over Kenny Merideth with a big win over Borneman.

This is his last try. 3 x's a charm!!

soms

825567601[/snapback]

dragonwrestlingfan,

I do believe that Davis and Borneman wrestled at a tournament, either Bradle or Father Ryan but I don't really remember with Luke coming out on top. It should certainly be a great match between the two if they get there. Sad thing is that at the same time this match occurs argueably the best wrestler in the state, Nick Marable, will likely be wrestling to win another state title and many people will have to choose one or the other.

I think both Uri and Brett have a chance but we will have to see how things shake out this weekend.

Agree with you on TJ but he is a hard-nosed wrestler that could surprise us.

Barnett has looked strong, just hope the lack of big matches recently doesn't hurt him in the big dance.

Stewart is my pick at heavy but that is one heck of a bracket and it should be great to see how it unfolds...

dragonwrestlingfan,

I do believe that Davis and Borneman wrestled at a tournament, either Bradle or Father Ryan but I don't really remember with Luke coming out on top.  It should certainly be a great match between the two if they get there.  Sad thing is that at the same time this match occurs argueably the best wrestler in the state, Nick Marable, will likely be wrestling to win another state title and many people will have to choose one or the other.

825567619[/snapback]

Father Ryan, Luke 6-5. Exciting match.

Me, I'll be watching Luke. thumb

dragonwrestlingfan,

I do believe that Davis and Borneman wrestled at a tournament, either Bradle or Father Ryan but I don't really remember with Luke coming out on top.  It should certainly be a great match between the two if they get there.  Sad thing is that at the same time this match occurs argueably the best wrestler in the state, Nick Marable, will likely be wrestling to win another state title and many people will have to choose one or the other.

I think both Uri and Brett have a chance but we will have to see how things shake out this weekend.

Agree with you on TJ but he is a hard-nosed wrestler that could surprise us.

Barnett has looked strong, just hope the lack of big matches recently doesn't hurt him in the big dance.

Stewart is my pick at heavy but that is one heck of a bracket and it should be great to see how it unfolds...

825567619[/snapback]

Nick dominates his opponents like nobody else. His match may very well be over by the time D1 is just getting interesting!

Are you with me on Kent @ 103?

Father Ryan, Luke 6-5.  Exciting match.

Me, I'll be watching Luke. thumb

825567647[/snapback]

Of course you will be watching Luke... you are a DI junky :D .

Nick dominates his opponents like nobody else. His match may very well be over by the time D1 is just getting interesting!

Are you with me on Kent @ 103?

825567648[/snapback]

Indeed Nick is just about as dominant a wrestler as I have ever seen, possible excluding Phillip Simpson (had the privilege of watching him win several state titles). I do expect to watch the entirity of Nick's match while watching Luke's from the corner of my eye and catching at least a period and a half of Luke's match (depending upon how quick Nick decides he wants off the mat).

Of course I am with you on Kent (I am a Region 8 supporter as well of course :D but I honestly think from having seen him that even if he weren't from my area I would think he was my pick), he got a great draw and should make his way to the finals for a good showdown and possibly some revenge.

By the way, did we meet this weekend at Ridgeway around the head table? Just trying to figure if you are who I think you are...

Edited by WrestleSBA