Top Goalies

laxdaddy

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That really is a tough call.  I think Barnes is better at close shots definitely, because he is one of the best goalies i have ever seen at stuffing shots.  Mcconnel is better at outside shots and better clearing.  tough call

825662054[/snapback]

Barnes can stuff more people from the side of the crease because of his aggressiveness coming out of the cage. By being able to come out of the cage and position himself he is able to save a lot of slamdunks from the side. However, McConnell is better one on ones because he bates the shooter like no other, whereas Barnes usually comes out to make the hit to prevent the shot in the first place. They both use these techniques but McConnell uses the bating more and Barnes uses the "last slide body check" more. As for who will recieve honors? Both are great goalies but its real hard to compare the two because of the difference of strength in the twos defense. so basically all in all, i didnt answer ur question pleaseballstophere. but i expect to see barnes and mcconnell on first and second team all state.

"How would you play today if you couldn't play tomorrow?"

Some DI stats for ya...

GK Avg

Name Team Ttl

Taylor, C CBHS 30.57

Rainer, J MUS 31.41

Daniel, J MUS 33.33

Abernathy, H Webb 34.87

Quinn, P CBHS 39.13

Gallagher, G Houston 43.45

Harper, B Farragut 44.63

Hanson, K McCallie 45.02

Morgan, C MBA 45.90

Saves

Name Team Ttl

Abernathy, H Webb 269

Taylor, C CBHS 159

Morgan, C MBA 145

Deshpande, S USN 119

Hanson, K McCallie 116

Rainer, J MUS 107

Gallagher, G Houston 95

Harper, B Farragut 67

Kazmeir, M Farragut 59

Butler, J Houston 27

I really wish that everyone could be scheduled to play everyone, because it really isn't fair to compare stats. If you look most teams have played a few more games than MUS (what is the deal most teams have played 12 or 13 why hasn't MUS) and also most teams haven't played each other. With this in mind who is the best D1 goalie in the state, be fair!

haha your right he's good...got some anger issues to work out... but he's gonna be good rumor was that they were looking at him to play behing Kyle Hanson (varsity goalie) but they decided to keep him on JV for some PT his name is Andrue Potts (yes that's how he spells his name) i can't wait to watch him play for us in a year or so

Edited by Redtwin

• 2 weeks later...