AA State Championship

KnowALOT

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you guys still don't realize that 7AA is still the best district in the state. All you other guys that are screaming Westview, Gibson, Obion, Harpeth, or Walker Valley are out of your minds. 7AA has only dominated now since 99. But you all tend to forget things like that. If anyone takes down anyone from 7AA this year it may be Walker Valley, though they are like Gibson and those guys, they don't play in a tough district. But I seen Westview and Gibson play, Gibson just isn't all that great this year and Westview is way too undisciplined to play against a team that can handle their pressure. Its Upperman's year this year thumb

825570478[/snapback]

Didn't Obion County beat Upperman earlier in the year in the 7AA-13AA Challenge 61-53????

Didn't Obion County beat Upperman earlier in the year in the 7AA-13AA Challenge 61-53????

825573650[/snapback]

Yes...occhs they did, and they have split with Westview and Gibson Co. There are several good teams all over the state, 7AA and 13AA do not have them all. You can call this team or that team the favorite, but there is still alot of basketball to be played before the "8" are set. Out of 13AA, I think Obion Co. Central and Westview are the two teams to watch. Gibson Co seems to be a up and down. Can't really say about 7AA, and Walker Valley from all I hear and read is for real. Time will tell.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!

Edited by VOREBS

All you guys still don't realize that 7AA is still the best district in the state. All you other guys that are screaming Westview, Gibson, Obion, Harpeth, or Walker Valley are out of your minds. 7AA has only dominated now since 99. But you all tend to forget things like that. If anyone takes down anyone from 7AA this year it may be Walker Valley, though they are like Gibson and those guys, they don't play in a tough district. But I seen Westview and Gibson play, Gibson just isn't all that great this year and Westview is way too undisciplined to play against a team that can handle their pressure. Its Upperman's year this year thumb

825570478[/snapback]

Don't play in a tough district.....what rock have you been under. O.C., Westview, and G.C. can play with the mighty 7AA, and I think you will see that. And Westview is undisciplined,..... whatever.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be shocked if Pigeon Forge is in the title game...only 2 losses to teams in the state...#1 in Class A DCA by 2 and at Livingston (which is a tough place to play) by 9. The other loss is to the #4 team (Hazel Green) in Alabama's largest classification (6A) by 14. Ought to be on a 15-game win streak when they start play in the district tournament next week.

825570956[/snapback]

Wouldn't surprise me at all, Kev; but I think that PF, SG, EHS and UCHS are essentially equal in this one.

Unicoi is certainly due.

Elizabethton has been amazing, but will they tire?

South Greene has already handled EHS once this season.

Pigeon Forge....have they over-achieved, Tigersmom?

You should come up to Unicoi for the Regional Tournament; will be a Great Event.

Edited by krichunaka

I doubt fatigue will be a factor, the Cyclones top 5 have played a ton of minutes this season and have not tired. The most likely thing to slow the Cyclones will be foul trouble or injury. I also think the Cyclones first five is as good as anybody's, and their bench, though untested, is very talented and will come through if called upon.

coach17,

I happen to agree that they're very talented. And I have admitted that they've exceeded my expectations. They've survived the injury jinx and they enter tournament play happy and healthy.

I agree also that they have logged the minutes. HOWEVER, those minutes often lead to tourament fatigue, which in turn, ultimately leads to Foul Trouble. But let's not dwell on the negatives.

You should start a "This is My New Life" thread. Keep us updated.

And, If I can borrow my son's LapTop, I'll keep you up to the minute during the Big Games.