Cheatham County Information

CoachT

:lol: Ok, let's say Harpeth did turn them in. So? If they knew something, it's their ethical responsibility to report any violations to the governing board. That's true of any TSSAA member school. Why have the rules if everyone is going to look the other way when one is broken? I'm not really interested in pointing the finger of blame at anyone, but the one that blows the whistle is certainly not guilty of anything immoral.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Ok, let's say Harpeth did turn them in.  So?  If they knew something, it's their ethical responsibility to report any violations to the governing board.  That's true of any TSSAA member school.  Why have the rules if everyone is going to look the other way when one is broken?  I'm not really interested in pointing the finger of blame at anyone, but the one that blows the whistle is certainly not guilty of anything immoral.

825571209[/snapback]

Looks like Pat would have intervened, isn't her neice on Cheatham's team?

Because several parties from Harpeth have been bad mouthing CC on Coacht

since December.  It was enough to get some of their post deleted by Coacht.

The main one has been mysteriously quiet since the story broke.  Normally,

she would comment on all things Harpeth or CC.  Maybe it's just a coincidence.

Maybe we need Denny Crane to investigate this situation.

825571180[/snapback]

1. Nothing that I said about Cheatham has been pulled. Entire post have gotten out of hand but that is not my fault.

2. I am pretty sure, and someone can back me up on this, that only the school principals can submit anything to the TSSAA about players from another team.

Since the principals from the two schools in question are close friends all the last minute reporting talk is silly.

3. As i said the other day, word on the street is that the TSSAA heard from Cheatham people.

4. It is over! I hate it for the girl involved. I hate it for her team members. I hate it for the county.

5. It is district tourney time. Lets play ball.

My two cents worth, the whole thing would have been okay if this girls parents would have done what was nessecery they chose to try and go around the rules and got caught.

825571097[/snapback]

Then the only difference between the two of you is that they got caught and you didn't. What is the moral difference between the two of you, then? Are you not as guilty as they are? You went around the rules, too, but you knew to change your mailing address and turn the phones off. I fail to see how you can pass judgment here.

Edited by larry

1. Nothing that I  said about Cheatham has been pulled. Entire post have gotten out of hand but that is not my fault.

2. I am pretty sure, and someone can back me up on this, that only the school principals can submit anything to the TSSAA about players from another team.

Since the principals from the two schools in question are close friends all the last minute reporting talk is silly.

3. As i said the other day, word on the street is that the TSSAA heard from Cheatham people.

4. It is over! I hate it for the girl involved. I hate it for her team members. I hate it for the county.

825571221[/snapback]

Where's Denny Crane? Did anyone mention HARPETHBOOSTER? I think not.

Denny, I believe you have a confession!!!!!!! GUILTY.......

In conclusion Judge, HARPETHBOOSTER did have a post pulled because if you

check her post from 1-18-05, she warns someone not to criticize because "they will

yank this post". She was fresh off her post being yanked and was still upset about

it. (plus she can't spell)

Where's Denny Crane?  Did anyone mention HARPETHBOOSTER?  I think not.

Denny, I believe you have a confession!!!!!!!  GUILTY.......

check her post from 1-18-05, she warns someone not to criticize because "they will

yank this post". She was fresh off her post being yanked and was still upset about

825571273[/snapback]

It was pulled because of irrational responses that were getting out of hand. As far as the spelling goes- GUILTY.

Do you really think that a principal turned in her close friend without a phone call to warn her, or that she waited til the last minute. I don't know whwt happened. I hear a lot of rumors, but that is seldom right. I know this the T$$AA does nothing unless it's hand if forced. The only thing they like more than collecting money is doing nothing all day. ITS OVER!

Where's Denny Crane?  Did anyone mention HARPETHBOOSTER?  I think not.

Denny, I believe you have a confession!!!!!!!  GUILTY.......

825571273[/snapback]

All Rise......do we have a verdict?

Yes, your honor.....

We, the TSSAA find the defendant, Cheatnam Co, GUILTY....

Court is adjourned..

Mr Denny Crane wins again......(all in fun)

However, really no one wins :lol:

1. Nothing that I  said about Cheatham has been pulled. Entire post have gotten out of hand but that is not my fault.

825571221[/snapback]

1. LOL

Then the only difference between the two of you is that they got caught and you didn't. What is the moral difference between the two of you, then? Are you not as guilty as they are? You went around the rules, too, but you knew to change your mailing address and turn the phones off. I fail to see how you can pass judgment here.

825571225[/snapback]

I think the difference from TSSAA's standpoint is one properly executed a bonafide change of residence and one did not. A bonafide change of residence, even for athletic purposes only, is completely legal. The ethical implications are for another thread.

As far as Pat is concerned, it's common knowledge that her father moved the family from Montgomery County to Cheatham so that Pat could play basketball. The school she was zoned for in Montgomery County did not offer women's basketball at the time. I'm sure she's too busy trying to win the SEC this year. :lol:

Is there not another player on the roster this year that transfered in?

Is she not having a stellar year?

If she and her family did it by the rules, why didn't Moorehead just follow their lead?

I can't believe that the school, coach, fans or family did not see this coming. It is to public to expect it to stay quite, especially if they have a successful season.

Hey, coacht will Cheatham's games have to be zeroed out on this site?

How will this affect everyone's strength schedule?

825571488[/snapback]

They will be changed as soon as I am sure which games are not forfeited. I just haven't really looked yet. It will help the SOS but I'm not sure how much. We will see.