District 7-AAA 2005 Champion?

Stewie1

I agree with your prediction (now that Riverdale has been dis-qual'd). I predict Tullahoma by 2 goals in the Region Final. Blackman has good skills, but their heads will get all messed up as Tullahoma dominates the game. If Blackman can control their emotions then it may be closer, no need to mention any names, if you have watched a Blackman game then you know who I am talking about....

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course i think we will beat tullahoma i think it will be a 2-1 game. we have been to the region final and have experience. tullahoma is a good team but i have bias so i think we will pull a few more wins together and come out on top. we have another game to worry about before we get there tho.

not sure on this but rumour is white co. coach said just go ahead that he didnt see the point. not sure of teh truth just what i heard.

Coach from White Co did not know anything about what was happening until after the decision was already made for Cookeville to play Blackman. It seems that TSSAA completely bypassed them in the process. Even if one's opinion is that they still would have lost to Cookeville, just as a matter of respect and common courtesy they still should have been contacted and had the situation explained to them and let them make the decision as to whether they wanted to play or not. After all, the forfeit was to White Co. and not Cookeville. Also, I think that it was strange that the ref assignor and the head guy from TSSAA would call the Tullahoma coach to tell him what they were doing. Maybe as a courtesy to let him know how the regional games would look like but you would call him and not the White Co. coach. Also, did the Shelbyville coach get called to let him know what was going on with Riverdale? hmmm ...... let's not show any favoritism TSSAA!

Coach from White Co did not know anything about what was happening until after the decision was already made for Cookeville to play Blackman.  It seems that TSSAA completely bypassed them in the process.  Even if one's opinion is that they still would have lost to Cookeville, just as a matter of respect and common courtesy they still should have been contacted and had the situation explained to them and let them make the decision as to whether they wanted to play or not.  After all, the forfeit was to White Co. and not Cookeville.  Also, I think that it was strange that the ref assignor and the head guy from TSSAA would call the Tullahoma coach to tell him what they were doing.  Maybe as a courtesy to let him know how the regional games would look like but you would call him and not the White Co. coach.  Also, did the Shelbyville coach get called to let him know what was going on with Riverdale? hmmm ...... let's not show any favoritism TSSAA!

825672621[/snapback]

In the Daily News Journal it said that cookeville got the right to play against Blackman because they were the last team that RIVERDALE had knocked out of the tournament.

In the Daily News Journal it said that cookeville got the right to play against Blackman because they were the last team that RIVERDALE had knocked out of the tournament.

825672680[/snapback]

I understand what happened. I just disagree with it and how it was handled. Not only was disrespect shown to White County, but it was shown to the entire district. Riverdale won the right to be the number 1 seed by what they did during the season. The coaches met and agreed to the seeding and the tournament format. The State has nothing to do with the district tournament. All they want are two teams from the district for regional and state play. Riverdale earned on the field of play the right to play in the championship and should have gotten to play for that championship. The player should have been punished and some form of punishment to the team, but do not deny them what they earned on the field -- that was wrong -- period! Why would the State and head ref assignor talk to the coach from Tullahoma and not to the other coaches from District 7 AAA? He does not have anything at all to do with what happens in our district. Why was the coach from White County at least not told that his team had picked up a win by virtue of the forfeit? The decision by TSSAA was arbitrary and they cannot find any logical reason to justify their decision. It just stinks - Riverdale should have gotten to play for what they had earned. The kid playing a few minutes of a rec league game had absolutely no impact on the season or the tournament ... I've said enough and should just shut up.

I understand what happened.  I just disagree with it and how it was handled.  Not only was disrespect shown to White County, but it was shown to the entire district.  Riverdale won the right to be the number 1 seed by what they did during the season.  The coaches met and agreed to the seeding and the tournament format.  The State has nothing to do with the district tournament.  All they want are two teams from the district for regional and state play.  Riverdale earned on the field of play the right to play in the championship and should have gotten to play for that championship.  The player should have been punished and some form of punishment to the team, but do not deny them what they earned on the field -- that was wrong -- period!  Why would the State and head ref assignor talk to the coach from Tullahoma and not to the other coaches from District 7 AAA?  He does not have anything at all to do with what happens in our district.  Why was the coach from White County at least not told that his team had picked up a win by virtue of the forfeit?  The decision by TSSAA was arbitrary and they cannot find any logical reason to justify their decision.  It just stinks - Riverdale should have gotten to play for what they had earned.  The kid playing a few minutes of a rec league game had absolutely no impact on the season or the tournament ... I've said enough and should just shut up.

825672699[/snapback]

Always lots of excitement in D7 AAA soccer, I guess, but who saw this coming?

Give credit to the Riverdale coach for 'fessing up. I'm sure he had no idea what would happen, but he took responsibility - powerful lesson there.

White County probably WAS left out of things unfairly.

Unfair to Cookeville as well, to be thinking they were out of it and have to rapidly jump back into soccer both physically and mentally - they were given much less than a day to prepare for a major soccer game. Some of those guys might have had other plans for Thursday evening.

Blackman also had to make some mental adjustments to prepare for a different opponent.

Was TSSAA's decision "arbitrary"? I'm not so sure: they had to do something. Somebody posted earlier that all TSSAA should care about was that the best teams get to the State Tournament, which is a really sad statement - I sure hope TSSAA has other concerns - about how sports are played and whether there is any character growth going on and whether rules are being followed and and and - we're talking about higher objectives than learning how to hammer a ball through a two-dimension opening, I hope. I think TSSAA must have involvement in District Tournaments; they shirk their duty if they don't.

Supposedly TSSAA and the referee assignor called the Tullahoma coach? I've only read that in this forum. If it happened, that's wrong as well. TSSAA should have informed ADs and coaches of all parties potentially involved (White County, especially), but I have no idea how or why the referee assignor got involved. (or how Whitey knows this, either).

Like mjuhb, just an observer. Play on!

white co is the team being being treated unfairly the tssaa just assumed that cookville would beat white co so no need to play that over riverdale isn't the team being treated unfairly its all the other district 7 teams and tullahoma almost the same happened the ccs tourny that they won tullahoma should get a bye in the region semis

The rule that was broken:

Independent-Game Participation Section 10 in the TSSAA Handbook:

After a student’s name is listed on the school eligibility report, the student shall not participate in an independent game until the season has closed or his/her name has been removed from the eligibility report at the request of the school principal. Any game in which players not registered with TSSAA participate – regardless of whether admission is charged – is considered as an independent game. Violation of this rule will render the student ineligible for 25% of the number of contests allowed in that sport by the sports calendar or for the remainder of the season in that sport, whichever number is the least.

The penalty for playing an ineligible player:

Section 31. All rulings on eligibility must be in writing, and the accidental, intentional or other use of ineligible players by a member school shall require that team victories in which the ineligible player participated are forfeited to opponents.