best pitchers in midstate

onetruefan

Not to be rude, but I disagree, on all counts.  Hannah is  getting better but I wouldnt say she is a standout. Of course, we will just have to wait and see who performs this summer.

825583065[/snapback]

Not to be rude....but sometimes you come across that way. I have never seen the Hannah....but I also wouldn't post that she is not a "standout". If she is pitching for her high school as a freshman....I would say she is. Your extreme edge pitchers are awsome...I have seen them several times, even watched Riverdale (and Cat) play in Kentucky in the fall.....she is very impressive. I am sure they will have a great high school career. But don't be so quick to discount others. We ALL know the speeds touted on this thread are inflated. Very few pitchers out there break the 62 mph mark.....even fewer freshman. And in reference to Holly, I WOULD say she is the best freshman....but I would never say "Notice I didn't say the best" of Cat as I am sure many think she is. And "we can wait and see who performs this summer"....but this is a high school website and I want to see who performs in high school this spring. But if "summer" is what you want to talk about then...I have noticed the Austin Eagles, Holly's team, has made it to the ASA Nationals (the true National Championship) for 3 consecutive years...finishing as high as 5th in the nation 2 years ago, when Holly was healthy! I am pretty sure that counts as "performing in the summer".

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be rude....but sometimes you come across that way.  I have never seen the Hannah....but I also wouldn't post that she is not a "standout".  If she is pitching for her high school as a freshman....I would say she is.  Your extreme edge pitchers are awsome...I have seen them several times, even watched Riverdale (and Cat) play in Kentucky in the fall.....she is very impressive.  I am sure they will have a great high school career.  But don't be so quick to discount others.  We ALL know the speeds touted on this thread are inflated.  Very few pitchers out there break the 62 mph mark.....even fewer freshman.  And in reference to Holly, I WOULD say she is the best freshman....but I would never say "Notice I didn't say the best" of Cat as I am sure many think she is.  And "we can wait and see who performs this summer"....but this is a high school website and I want to see who performs in high school this spring.  But if "summer" is what you want to talk about then...I have noticed the Austin Eagles, Holly's team, has made it to the ASA Nationals (the true National Championship) for 3 consecutive years...finishing as high as 5th in the nation 2 years ago, when Holly was healthy!  I am pretty sure that counts as "performing in the summer".

825583220[/snapback]

Sorry, I was rude, I came off as harsh and I shouldnt have. Hannah is a talented young lady.

Thomas and the two other Eagle pitchers did do a good job two years ago at ASA nationals and everywhere else for that matter. Lott and Hosfield did a good job in Colorado coming in third and at the NSA nationals , winning it. Other pitchers worth noting are Roark who pitches for Hannahs team , the Xplosion. She is good. I also like Harmon of Brentwood, the two Sodddy pitchers and Peroni of Goodpasture. Falon of the 18U Nighthawks at Riverdale is a very talented young lady. She has a floating rise and a great curve. The pitchers I stand behind arent just Edge pitchers they are the ones that seem to have movement and control. I tend to think the movement pitchers have a lot more going for them than the ones who just throw heat. Thats what I base my opinion on. As for who will stand out, you are right , who can say. We will just have to wait and see. Meanwhile , I think from now on I think I will comment more positively.

Sorry, I was rude, I came off as harsh and I shouldnt have. Hannah is a talented young lady.

Thomas and the two other Eagle pitchers did do a good job two years ago at ASA nationals and everywhere else for that matter. Lott and Hosfield did a good job in Colorado coming in third and at the NSA nationals , winning it. Other pitchers worth noting are Roark who pitches for Hannahs team , the Xplosion. She is good. I also like Harmon of Brentwood, the two Sodddy pitchers and Peroni of Goodpasture. Falon of the 18U Nighthawks at Riverdale is a very talented young lady. She has a floating rise and a great curve. The pitchers I stand behind arent just Edge pitchers they are the ones that seem to have movement and control. I tend to think the movement pitchers have a lot more going for them than the ones who just throw heat. Thats what I base my opinion on. As for who will stand out, you are right , who can say. We will just have to wait and see. Meanwhile , I think from now on I think I will comment more positively.

825583787[/snapback]

No problem zeroedge, thanks for the apology. I very much agree with most of your points...you can tell you have caught many pitches...maybe thrown a few?....but are defintely passionate about pitching. I too am a HUGE proponate of "summer ball" and remember Cat (and others) from the days of the THUNDERCATS. Glad to see you giving credit to the many talented young ladies pitching in Tennessee these days. It is a pleasure to see how competitive we (Tennessee) have become nationally these last few years...much to do with the countless hours these pitchers spend practicing. There is no doubt that ball movement is a tremendously important, though often overlooked, factor in pitching. It is the defining difference between a good, great, or even world class pitcher....just ask another....pretty darn good pitcher....also named Cat (Osterman).

You have to add Ashley Myatt of Dickson to the list.Played with Xtreme Edge last  summer.

825583194[/snapback]

Yes , she is a good pitcher, one of the best and no I am not cat's mom or dad. And no I'm not related to Bailee or Riley's mom or sister either, or connected to Thomas, or Roark or Harmon and I am certainly not "overthe fence'.

You tell 'em Blondie.  By the way, I think your name needs to be on the list.  You gotta love pitchers that wear the #4.

825582793[/snapback]

I agree Shelby Mashburn's name needs to be added to the list of best pitchers in the midstate. A couple more would be Kristi Cunningham and Paij Lintz from Marshall Co.

Edited by catman1