best pitchers in midstate

onetruefan

Great Chrissy...I will be at the tourney to watch, and look forward to seeing you and your team play. Good luck! If you want to play college ball, I emphasize to you how important it is for you to try to get on a travel team in the summer, even if it means you have to join a team from Nashville, or Murfreesboro, or wherever. 99% of all coaches recruit exclusively from the summer leagues, unless they get recommendations from highly respected people like Cherie kempf from Club k.

825629462[/snapback]

I agree...Chrissy did do a really great job this weekend! While at the tourney...I saw great pitching from Greenbrier's pitchers Kristen Grogan and Kayla Norton. I know they also have Nicole Head, but I didn't see her pitch. Greenbrier won 2nd at the MTSCA tourney this weekend.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree...Chrissy did do a really great job this weekend!  While at the tourney...I saw great pitching from Greenbrier's pitchers Kristen Grogan and Kayla Norton.  I know they also have Nicole Head, but I didn't see her pitch.  Greenbrier won 2nd at the MTSCA tourney this weekend.

825633107[/snapback]

ty for the compliment............westmoreland came in 3rd in the silver bracket

• 2 weeks later...
Based on early results this year...I would have to go with Catalano.  She has been dominant so far.  If Riverdale can score a couple of runs a game for her...she will be difficult to beat.

825630416[/snapback]

FC has pitched well this year but in my opinion she relies too much on a single pitch. Please do not take this as a cut against FC but if the umpire does not like high pitches or the batter moves to the back of the box she is not as effective.

You may not see many teams do this during the season but at tournament time the better teams will adjust to take away a pitcher's best pitch.

FC has pitched well this year but in my opinion she relies too much on a single pitch.  Please do not take this as a cut against FC but if the umpire does not like high pitches or the batter moves to the back of the box she is not as effective.

You may not see many teams do this during the season but at tournament time the better teams will adjust to take away a pitcher's best pitch.

825643949[/snapback]

Good pitchers throw the pitches that work for them. If you take away that pitch...good pitchers also adjust to that too. It is so difficult for high school hitters to lay off the rise.

My guess is that FC will make that adjustment.

Well lets see best pitchers? Well i Dont know if you will think these are the best pitchers, but i definitely think they deserve some recognition..

Cat Hosfield (Riverdale)

Julie Harmon (Brentwood)

Baillie Lott (Brentwood)

Falon Catalano (Riverdale)

Danielle Pieroni (Goodpasture)

Casey Teal

Amber Lain (Wilson Central) Off to a really good start this year!

Susan Gray (Mt Juliet)

Riley Mashburn (Brentwood)

Ashley George (Wilson Central)

MacKenzie Roark (Mt Juliet)

Katy Ayers (Ravenwood)

Angelica "Jelli" Wade (Riverdale) Worked hard in the off season!

Betsy Pickler (not sure where she goes-i think she plays summer for the wildthings?- but got some GOOD Junk)

oh there are definitely more outstanding pitchers, dont get me wrong! im just having a problem thinking of them right now! Keep up the hard work ladies!  thumb

825593444[/snapback]

These fine ladies are very good pitchers however there are ALOT more out there that get overlooked. You tend to always read about the pitchers from the BIG schools or the ones that have had state championships..........but what about the teams that win because of the young lady on the mound. I also think that a few more could be added to this list for example -

Kristi Cunningham (very good - very under rated)

Meghan Maynard (very good - very young - under rated also)

Jennifer Brewington (very good - very under rated)

Paige Pyburn (very good)

Courtney Carr

There are alot of young ladies deserving of best pitchers in the mid state......we should learn more about ALL of them. These ladies deserve "recognition" as well.

Most girls can "throw" the ball to batters however it takes a good pitcher to "pitch" the ball to batters. There is a difference between "throwing" and "pitching", just ask Cheri Kempf @ Club K!

Have a wonderful day folks!

Edited by sftba11freak

FC has pitched well this year but in my opinion she relies too much on a single pitch.  Please do not take this as a cut against FC but if the umpire does not like high pitches or the batter moves to the back of the box she is not as effective.

825643949[/snapback]

It's good to see both daughters doing so well. I saw the eldest a couple of weeks ago.

You should be very proud...as I know you are.

Thanks very much Antwan. It's been rewarding.

Which games did you see?

825645206[/snapback]

I was talking about speedkills' daughters...but the comment definitely applies to yours too. I haven't had a chance to see either of yours this year...but the season isn't over yet. If I do...I will definitely look you up. :)

thumb You're right the state is full of good pitchers!! Kasie Meeks has my vote as one of the state's good pitchers. She may not throw in the 60's but she is pretty good. When Coffee County gets their bats going they will be tough to beat. Congrats on the win against Beech. Some think it was just a fluke but it was something not too many teams have done this year. I am in awe of any of these girls that play sports they work very hard at it. They all need to be recognized :lol:

thumb You're right the state is full of good pitchers!! Kasie Meeks has my vote as one of the state's good pitchers. She may not throw in the 60's but she is pretty good. When Coffee County gets their bats going they will be tough to beat. Congrats on the win against Beech. Some think it was just a fluke but it was something not too many teams have done this year. I am in awe of any of these girls that play sports they work very hard at it. They all need to be recognized :lol:

825645883[/snapback]

There is alot of good pitchers out there but, I will have to say that Elizabethton,Unicoi County,Tennessee High and Sullivan Central just to put some up there have alot of good pitching. The girls in this area don't get cridit for alot of things. So I would like to put them right up there also. Keep up the hard work thumb