USJ recruiting rumors?

BrettDawson

This is what I have been told. He was driving a player to school. The TSSAA found out about it and told him to stop. He continued to drive the kid to school. Another school turned him in again and the TSSAA has suspended him indefinitely.

825580695[/snapback]

well....Volunteer,

These so called rumors that you have heard are not true!!!....Coach Dyer has coached me all my life...he has made me the ballplayer that I am today. And He DID NOT get suspended! The people that have told all these RUMORS are just jealous of a 15 year old boy!! (thats kinda sad)..but anyways...if it hadnt been for some of my coaches in the past 10 years that i've played ball I wouldnt have been able to make it to some of the games or pratices and so on and so forth...In my opion coach Dyer is a excellant coach and all ways will be! And this boy that is in the middle of it all is a EXCELLANT ballplayer! SO IF YA FACTS AINT STRAIGHT DONT RUN YA MOUTH!...I hope you never need a ride somewhere! :P

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

The point is the parents did  make the decision to send their child to USJ and it should be their responsibility to get that child to school and back home.  If there is a transportation problem then that should have been thought of before enrolling him in a school two counties away.  It is not a coaches responsibility to get students to school and back home unless it is their own child.

825583742[/snapback]

Let me just say, that is the most ignorant statement I think I have read since this discussion started. Do you not know that people everywhere carpool for the shear convenience of it. Also, the coach was not acting in the capacity of a coach, but friend of the family of the student. Nothing more. If all the parents of the state were told they were the only ones that were allowed to transport their children to school the enrollement in several schools would drastically change. People have the right to decide who their kids ride to school with. The T$$AA has no right to make up rules as they go along. If one family has to adhere to this rule, because of someone's perception then so should all families.

Makes perfect sense and that was exactly one of the possible solutions discussed. If other students were riding, the "perception of favoritism" would be eliminated. You can believe it or not. It happened and according to a very reliable source, it can be proven that Coach Dyer made legitimate attempts to find other students already attending USJ to carpool from the same area. If in fact attempts were made to get other students to ride, this is yet another reason the issue should be put to bed.

825583691[/snapback]

Just to add to necvol's credibility, I also am aware of the discussion about possibly getting other student to ride with coach Dyer. To change the perception of whoever is doing this complaining. Coach Dyer has made several attempts to offer his ride to other USJ students. Their carpools are already working out, so they see no need to change. But the offer still stands, from Coach Dyer. It has been in place for some time. This "suggestion" came fro :lol: m the T$$AA after the letter telling him to stop. He was told he could drive the student as long as he tried to get other students, that were not athletes, to ride along. This "suggestion" came from the T$$AA.

Just to add to necvol's credibility, I also am aware of the discussion about possibly getting other student to ride with coach Dyer. To change the perception of whoever is doing this complaining. Coach Dyer has made several attempts to offer his ride to other USJ students. Their carpools are already working out, so they see no need to change. But the offer still stands, from Coach Dyer. It has been in place for some time. This "suggestion" came fro :lol: m the T$$AA after the letter telling him to stop. He was told he could drive the student as long as he tried to get other students, that were not athletes, to ride along. This "suggestion" came from the T$$AA.

825588470[/snapback]

I am so glad that u think that way! I juat wanted to say that u have a very good point on that matter! I also think that this Stupid matter should be put to rest! thank you for standing up for Coach Dyer!! thumb

I just got more info on the situation.  Apparently, the USJ coach was driving a fresman player to school each day that lives outside of Madison County.  The school found out and asked him to stop.  He didn't and the situation was turned in by an outside source to the TSSAA. They gave USJ the option of suspending the coach or take 1 year of probation.  They chose the former and the coach was suspended.  I still haven't found out the duration, but my iron clad source tells me that he will be fired and that Joesph Talley from Chester Co. is in line for the job now.  I wonder if Coach Carey would come back now?  Also, do you think a certain reporter at the Jackson Sun with a kids at USJ and another that just graduated is keeping a finger on this to keep it from being published?  Also, is the school keeping it hush hush to keep down appearances that everything isn't so rosy in paradise?

825581243[/snapback]

You need to make sure that your Iron Clad Source knows his facts before he starts opening his mouth!!! :angry: And the school gave their statement to the paper can you not read?? :ph34r:

No matter what the situation is now..Dyer was at fault when he kept taking the kid to school and i guess the TSSAA thought they had to take some action...i like that one guys post...the arrogence of a coach to keep doing something after being told to stop is amazing...

825583548[/snapback]

It aint arrogance you idiot. The T$$AA didn't find any VIOLATION, they made a recommendation. The school headmaster at USJ made the decision to keep the HEAD COACH off the field for a SHORT time to let all you loud mouth idiots keep talking so the coach can get his game plans ready for the season. Assistant Coach Talley can work with the team on their routine practices with defense and offense. You people, All of you, who like to keep a stink stirred, need to remember one thing, What goes around, comes around. I hope you or anyof the other idiots bashing the Coach and USJ never need a ride to an event or have a child with a need. :angry:

It aint arrogance you idiot. The T$$AA didn't find any VIOLATION, they made a recommendation. The school headmaster at USJ made the decision to keep the HEAD COACH off the field for a SHORT time to let all you loud mouth idiots keep talking so the coach can get his game plans ready for the season. Assistant Coach Talley can work with the team on their routine practices with defense and offense. You people, All of you, who like to keep a stink stirred, need to remember one thing, What goes around, comes around. I hope you or anyof the other idiots bashing the Coach and USJ never need a ride to an event or have a child with a need.

Whoa...who are you calling an idiot bro?...you need to examine what i said a little harder, i never said anything about a "violation"?...all i said was that the coach should have stopped taking him to school if the TSSAA told him to stop. You need to think about what you say before getting on here and blasting someone who was just making a comment about the situation....i really dont care about Coach Talley or what your doing in practice...i made a comment on the topic at hand and your blasting me about that?...you gettin on this website and start callin folks out is not a way to get respect or even give legit information...your making youself look like an @$$ and your representing your school in a very poor way...i hope you really take what i am saying to heart because your gonna find life very hard if you talk to people like that in person...

It aint arrogance you idiot. The T$$AA didn't find any VIOLATION, they made a recommendation. The school headmaster at USJ made the decision to keep the HEAD COACH off the field for a SHORT time to let all you loud mouth idiots keep talking so the coach can get his game plans ready for the season. Assistant Coach Talley can work with the team on their routine practices with defense and offense. You people, All of you, who like to keep a stink stirred, need to remember one thing, What goes around, comes around. I hope you or anyof the other idiots bashing the Coach and USJ never need a ride to an event or have a child with a need.

Whoa...who are you calling an idiot bro?...you need to examine what i said a little harder, i never said anything about a "violation"?...all i said was that the coach should have stopped taking him to school if the TSSAA told him to stop. You need to think about what you say before getting on here and blasting someone who was just making a comment about the situation....i really dont care about Coach Talley or what your doing in practice...i made a comment on the topic at hand and your blasting me about that?...you gettin on this website and start callin folks out is not a way to get respect or even give legit information...your making youself look like an @$$ and your representing your school in a very poor way...i hope you really take what i am saying to heart because your gonna find life very hard if you talk to people like that in person...

825589458[/snapback]

well, for your information, if you've read all the other comments made on this matter, I do believe that quite a few of the comments have said that the coach was told by TSSAA that if other students wanted to carpool, that it was ok. As far as blasting you, I don't care who you are or what school you represent. You have a lot of nerve to give your 2cents when you don't know ALL the facts. You don't know me and I don't know you, If you can't take a response back of your own comment, you might not want to make one. Don't blast at me if you can't handle it. thumb

dixiesoftball,  Looks like you want this topic to be about you.

825589857[/snapback]

Well for your infomation i dont want this topic to be bout me!!! This has nothing to do with me cause i dont go to USJ and i dont play baseball! ...Im just letting people know that what their sayin aint true and that they dont know what they're talking bout!! Most people are making moutains out of mole hills!.. I have very good and reliable sources cause my info comes from people on the inside!!...So my statement still stands IF YOUR FACTS AINT STRAIGHT DONT RUN YA MOUTH!... and for all the people that think that coach Dyer is only giving the boy a ride cause he's a ballplayer your wrong on that subject also cause I was going to go to USJ and he offered me a ride back and forth, so it's not because the boy is a ballplayer!!! AND EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO THEIR OWN OPINION!!! :blink:

well, for your information, if you've read all the other comments made on this matter, I do believe that quite a few of the comments have said that the coach was told by TSSAA that if other students wanted to carpool, that it was ok. As far as blasting you, I don't care who you are or what school you represent. You have a lot of nerve to give your 2cents when you don't know ALL the facts. You don't know me and I don't know you, If you can't take a response back of your own comment, you might not want to make one. Don't blast at me if you can't handle it.

I dont care about other comments on this board... I dont care about other students carpooling with the coach... i care about you callin folks names on this message board..your makin a big deal out of this situation..it went from people talking about the matter at hand to YOU blasting people about sports talk..thats not the way you do it man... i have alot of nerve??... you just said everyone has a right to their own opinion...EVERYONE......you are contradicting yourself and you continue to make yourself look stupid and childish...i can take a response to my own comment, but i dont like it when some punk kid gets on here and starts calling people idiots...its disrespectful to people you are talking to and to coacht. This board isn't made for name-calling, its made for sports-talk...you need to watch yourself before a mod shuts you and/or this topic down....

I'm hearing for a very reliable source that a member of the USJ baseball staff has bee suspended for recruiting violations.  Is this true?  Trying to get some independent verification.

825572324[/snapback]

USJ is back! Coach Dyer is reinstated with no further sanctions. A violation has not occurred.