Class AAA - REGION 3

GradfromtheNest

HAHAHA! FUNNY! But Crossville has the best fans bar none!! Get over it...don't hate!  And CC has waited for their turn to host just like everybody else so quit whinin about the travel time! They deserve the chance to host just like everybody else!

So come on up and watch 5 SWEEP 6! Or will your mom not let you drive this far?!  thumb

825588392[/snapback]

Alright I'll stop whining but yeah I willm be there watch the games, highly doubt that they will sweep, and I wouldn't be surprised to see three 6-aaa teams make it further, lets just wait for the games!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHA! FUNNY! But Crossville has the best fans bar none!! Get over it...don't hate!  And CC has waited for their turn to host just like everybody else so quit whinin about the travel time! They deserve the chance to host just like everybody else!

So come on up and watch 5 SWEEP 6! Or will your mom not let you drive this far?!  thumb

825588392[/snapback]

Best fans? HAHAHAHAHA. What a joke. They are awful. They have a magnormous student section but all they do is stand, they are A-W-F-U-L.

Cumberland fans are some of the best fans i have ever seen. When Cleveland played Brainerd the first 2 times, it was the Cory Sanders show. But without Cory, its gonna be the Cleveland Blue Raiders walking all over the Panthers show. McMinn will beat Ootlewah, and thier is no doubt about it. CUMBYland will show Soddy Daisy that district 6 isn't in the same league as district 5. Red Bank vs. Bradley, anyone say blowout?? Let me give you guys some first round scores.

Ootlewah 65, McMinn Co. 72

Soddy Daisy 55, CUMBYland 60

Brainerd 62, Cleveland 70

Red Bank 55, Bradley 83

Second round:

McMinn Co. 61, CUMBYland 65

Bradley 64, Cleveland 68

Championship round:

CUMBYland 70, Cleveland 68

McMinn will beat Ootlewah, and thier is no doubt about it. CUMBYland will show Soddy Daisy that district 6 isn't in the same league as district 5. Red Bank vs. Bradley, anyone say blowout??

825588816[/snapback]

ok seriously think before you post...how do you figure there is no doubt about it that mcminn will beat ooltewah, when ooltewah has won 2 of their 3 meetings this year..and how will cchs show soddy that when they split the regular season, obviously they are more even than you thin...and yeah didn't everyone say blowout last time red bank and bradley played, and look how close it was..

Ootlewah-McMinn games were played early in the year. Soddy didn't beat CUMBYland at CUMBYland, and this game is at CUMBYland. This is tourney time, which means Bradley gets for real, and will try to win their 6 straight region championship(but they won't, they will lose to Cleveland in the semis). District 5 sweep!!!

5AAA better produce or you guys will look ridiculous (nevermind that you do already).

And Sanders is good, but you're really overlooking a good team. Brainerd and Ooltewah played just as close in the championship as they did in the two regular season games, Ooltewah just happened to get the good breaks that Brainerd did the first couple of times. I think Brainerd must cause some real matchup problems for Cleveland since they already beat them twice and once again the Panthers will prevail.

McMinn will beat Ootlewah, and thier is no doubt about it.

825588816[/snapback]

Ooltewah will cruise to this win by at least 10. This Owls team has definitely improved since they last played McMinn (and beat them 2 out of 3 times then) and now have the swagger of a championship team. It won't be close.

I don't have them penciled in, but I really wouldn't be surprised if Soddy Daisy pulled out a win either. If they play to their potential, they can be pretty devastating.

Well, I guess that I'll get my two cents in here too. As a big Districit 5-AAA fan but also District 6-AAA, I'd have to agree with the posts that show District 5-AAA as the favorite to advance more teams than District 6-AAA.

Quarterfinals---

Cleveland vs. Brainerd--

Having watched Brainerd WITH Sanders, I can't imagine how they could beat Cleveland WITHOUT him. He is the grease that lubricates the Brainerd offense.

If Colby Dodd for CHS continues his production against the Panthers, look for the Blue Raiders to advance. Colby nailed a career-high 26 at Brainerd earlier this year. Sometimes the Raiders play with their imaginations and not their headsso they better let the heads rule this time or they'll be practicing spring sports come Wednesday morning.

Pick---"Sometimes" Headless Horsemen---Cleveland in a close one even though Brainerd swept them during the regular season.

Bradley Central vs. Red Bank--

These two have had a couple of very close games this year, the Bears winning by 7 at Red Bank and 12 at BCHS. Look for the Lions to keep it close through a quarter or so before the Bears tighten down the screws on defense. The Bears have an awful lot of offensive weapons and stopping all of them at the same time is almost impossible. Wes Suiter is probably the MVP of the district, at least equivalent to Little of Cleveland and Cumby of Cumbyland County.

Suiter collected his career high (31) against Red Bank earlier this year. You stop Suiter the Shooter and you have to contend with Super Soph Oglesby and "Ya-Ya" Hammonds and an ever-improving post man in 6'8" Keith Dodd. Wes Adams can also nail you with outside shooting when you least expect it.

Pick--Ursine over Feline. Bradley Central by 9.

Ooltewah versus McMinn County--

I find it ironic that this is a meeting of Ron Baker's "old" team (McMinn County) against his "latest" team (Ooltewah). The old soldier can coach a little bit and this will be a game with more sidebars in the opening round than the Janet Jackson wardrobe "malfuntion" at the Super Bowl. McMinn County has improved greatly and could be considered a dark horse on the plateau. Justin Hicks, Nick Arnwine and Blake Cobb can be a handful to corral and the Owls present their own offensive weapons. No one is more deserving of a win than veteran coach Keith Elliott who assisted Baker and replaced him atop the totem pole on the reservation.

Pick---Ruffled feather Hooters in another close encounter. Oo-Oo-Ooltewah! but don't be surprised if the Che-rock-ees go on the warpath and scalp Baker's Faker's with an ambush.

Cumberland County versus Soddy-Daisy.

The Jets are 15-15(?) but they seem to soar to new heights when manuerving around their home runway. Their crowd is the best in the district, bar none, and you District 6-AAA folks will see just what that means when you touch down at the home of the sky-blue clad hosts come Tuesday night. Danny Cumby is as right as rain when it comes to carrying his team and keeping them in contention. Just stay out of his way and he'll get the job done...but don't think it's just Cumby. Micheal Patterson, D. L. King, Daniel Keyes and Travis Reed can cause you some grief too.

Coach Mike Buck is as respected as any coach in the district and certainly one of the good guys. Beating the flyboys at CCHS is harder than new math and this group of Trojans is not exactly those of USC.

Pick---Plateau Plowboys by 12.

From here it looks like 3 of 4 for the host District 5-AAA.

Man! Did I affend someone? I was stating my opinion, just as ya'll clearly did. I simply said what I thought, so we have different opinions I guess we will have to wait for the games and see?! And these cumberland fans need to calm down, they think their the stuff, and why was the tournament held in crossville and everyone expect crossville has to travel an hour or two away. I hope cumberland brings all 12 of their toothless fans, O and their parents too!

825588377[/snapback]

i really dont know why yall hafta knock the cumberland county fans, the only reason they dont have teeth is cuz the dip so much that their teeth rot out. And doesnt cumberland deserve to host the tourneys once every 8 years??? oh by the way there is a few more than 12 fans as you will see if you make the trip down to the game on wednesday...

5AAA better produce or you guys will look ridiculous (nevermind that you do already).

And Sanders is good, but you're really overlooking a good team. Brainerd and Ooltewah played just as close in the championship as they did in the two regular season games, Ooltewah just happened to get the good breaks that Brainerd did the first couple of times. I think Brainerd must cause some real matchup problems for Cleveland since they already beat them twice and once again the Panthers will prevail.

825588932[/snapback]

the matchup problem was Cory Sanders vs. the Cleveland guards. We just couldn't seem to stop him. This game it doesn't look like we gonna need to stop, because he not gonna be playing.