COACHING POSITIONS OPEN OR LOOKING

ELA

My old college roomate is looking for a head baseball position at a private high school in the greater Nashville area. He has been the head coach at a NCAA D-III college for the past eight years. His wife is being transferred to Nashville and he would love to stay in the game. He's got a Masters and has taught math on the college level, but of course, is not certified for high school. Any thoughts, please post here and I'll put you in touch with him.

Harpeth High School is going to need a new Head Coach for this coming Spring, they have a very talented upcoming senior class, probably one of the top in the state, they have helped lead Harpeth to the District, Region, Sectional Championships for the past two years, and two State Tournament Births. It is not a private school but has a talented senior class with a great work ethic.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth High School is going to need a new Head Coach for this coming Spring, they have a very talented upcoming senior class, probably one of the top in the state, they have helped lead Harpeth to the District, Region, Sectional Championships for the past two years, and two State Tournament Births. It is not a private school but has a talented senior class with a great work ethic.

I will be graduating from MTSU in the Dec and would be interested in this position. Who would I need to speak to about this?

I am looking to move to TN this summer and find a good coaching opportunity. I currently teach/coach in Missouri, but am getting married and trying to get closer to my fiance's family. I have a 50-12 career record and numerous coach of the year honors including 3 State Coach of the Year awards (2 coaches association, 1 media). In my two years as a head coach, my team has reached the state semis twice - finishing 3rd two years ago and winning the state championship this past season. I was also a head manager for an NCAA Final Four team while in college.

If you know of any openings or interested in speaking with me, please email me at dougwd@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

ARE YOU A BASEBALL COACH?? IF YOU ARE THEY ARE LOOKING FOR A HEAD COACH AT JACKSON CENTRAL MERRY CALL MISS CRUMP AT 731-424-2200

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sunset Middle in Brentwood/Nolensville area of Williamson County will be starting up the 8th grade in the new school year after summer break in 2007. Great oppurtinuty for coaching different programs as well as teaching at the new middle school. Positions are not posted to date but should be available later on in 2007 as this school year ends.

http://www.wcs.edu/careers/index.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Sunset Middle in Brentwood/Nolensville area of Williamson County will be starting up the 8th grade in the new school year after summer break in 2007. Great oppurtinuty for coaching different programs as well as teaching at the new middle school. Positions are not posted to date but should be available later on in 2007 as this school year ends.

http://www.wcs.edu/careers/index.htm

rapbwood---where exactly is the new school? I am assuming it will feed into Ravenwood. How is Rector to work with as far as his feeder schools? What is the coaching supplement for the head coach? Are they going to look outside of the system or just inside? As you can tell I am interested. If you know any of this information it would be helpful.

rapbwood---where exactly is the new school? I am assuming it will feed into Ravenwood. How is Rector to work with as far as his feeder schools? What is the coaching supplement for the head coach? Are they going to look outside of the system or just inside? As you can tell I am interested. If you know any of this information it would be helpful.

Sunset Middle is located on Sunset Road. Sunset Road runs between Nolensville Road in Nolensville and Concord Road in Brentwood. The school is about two miles north of Nolensville Road and four mile south of Concord at the Governors Club. The eight grade will be added after the summer break this year.

You can find pay and supplements on the Williamson County Schools site on previous post.

Last year team was the first for seventh & sixth graders and mainly played against varsity. The athletic fields were put in 2006 and they will be ready for 2007. Sunset Middle and Woodland Middle feed into Ravenwood. Sunset Middle has a current head coach from Red Boiling Springs. He left Woodland Middle as a head coach to start up the football program at Sunset. I don’t if he will stay with the football program since he lives so far away. There were only two assistant coaches in 2006 but one will not be returning to coaching football due to coaching other sports. Multiple positions are open in sports as well as football. Again, since the school is new, it’s a developing program.

The school has tremendous support from the Athletic Club but being new, it is “Work in progress”. :lol:

As far as Coach Rector, I cannot speak for him. Would Coach Rector like to see the two feeder middle schools to coach-up the kids better before they come over as freshman to Ravenwood? You can count on it. I’m sure Rector and other assistants at Ravenwood are more than willing to offer advice sought by other coaches within the feeder schools. Coach Rector can only control his own program and cannot control the development at the middle school level.

If you never coached in this area of Williamson County, you have no ideal of the support (volunteer and financial) giving by the parents and the community to the local schools.

Sunset Middle School web site is attached. Sunset Middle Web Page

Sunset Middle is located on Sunset Road. Sunset Road runs between Nolensville Road in Nolensville and Concord Road in Brentwood. The school is about two miles north of Nolensville Road and four mile south of Concord at the Governors Club. The eight grade will be added after the summer break this year.

You can find pay and supplements on the Williamson County Schools site on previous post.

Last year team was the first for seventh & sixth graders and mainly played against varsity. The athletic fields were put in 2006 and they will be ready for 2007. Sunset Middle and Woodland Middle feed into Ravenwood. Sunset Middle has a current head coach from Red Boiling Springs. He left Woodland Middle as a head coach to start up the football program at Sunset. I don’t if he will stay with the football program since he lives so far away. There were only two assistant coaches in 2006 but one will not be returning to coaching football due to coaching other sports. Multiple positions are open in sports as well as football. Again, since the school is new, it’s a developing program.

The school has tremendous support from the Athletic Club but being new, it is “Work in progress”. :blink:

As far as Coach Rector, I cannot speak for him. Would Coach Rector like to see the two feeder middle schools to coach-up the kids better before they come over as freshman to Ravenwood? You can count on it. I’m sure Rector and other assistants at Ravenwood are more than willing to offer advice sought by other coaches within the feeder schools. Coach Rector can only control his own program and cannot control the development at the middle school level.

If you never coached in this area of Williamson County, you have no ideal of the support (volunteer and financial) giving by the parents and the community to the local schools.

Sunset Middle School web site is attached. Sunset Middle Web Page

Rapbwood---Thanks for the information. Sounds like a great area and its probably not too far from where I grew up and also not far from where I live now. I have not ever taught in Williamson Co. and I dont know much of anything about the schools. I know that I have good support where I am now, but then again I have lost three games in three years so support is easy to find. And all three losses came to the eventual city champs, the team hasnt lost in five years:(

Sounds like it could be an ideal job if the current head coach leaves. I know that I can only go up the ladder so to speak and my pride will not let me be a middle assistant. Having the school feed Ravenwood is also a plus because I know the offense well. I actually ran Ravenwood's offense this year for my team. Same terminology, same formations, same plays, etc. Anyway, I am happy where I am but this definately caught my eye and has my interest. Thanks again for the information.

Rapbwood---Thanks for the information. Sounds like a great area and its probably not too far from where I grew up and also not far from where I live now. I have not ever taught in Williamson Co. and I dont know much of anything about the schools. I know that I have good support where I am now, but then again I have lost three games in three years so support is easy to find. And all three losses came to the eventual city champs, the team hasnt lost in five years:(

Sounds like it could be an ideal job if the current head coach leaves. I know that I can only go up the ladder so to speak and my pride will not let me be a middle assistant. Having the school feed Ravenwood is also a plus because I know the offense well. I actually ran Ravenwood's offense this year for my team. Same terminology, same formations, same plays, etc. Anyway, I am happy where I am but this definately caught my eye and has my interest. Thanks again for the information.

I would like to send you additional information but I will not put it out on the web. If you like, turn on your account to accept e-mail, I will e-mail discussion items and some other important information.