Who will coach Obion County next season?

oc_rebel_25

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now, ladies and gentlemen, introducing the CO-head coaches of the Obion County Central boys' basketball team ....

Paul and Kim Decker ! ! ! ! ! :lol:

Just kidding. I don't really know who, yet.

(But, Kim coaching the boys -- she already coaches a boys' traveling team -- would be interesting, don't you think???)

what kind of record does coach melvin smith have where he is now????is he a good coach???

825613651[/snapback]

Cant remember the name if the High School, I do knowit is in suburban St.Louis, He always has 20 wins seasons and has won two state championships, plus many other trips to teh tournament...

He has taught and coached in Missouri long enough to be eligible for full state retirement and is looking for a new opportunity and challenge....

He was an all-conference player for the University of Arkansas back in the early days before they joined the S.E.C.

Whoever said OC didn't have any talent was crazy.There is plenty of talent,it's just undisciplined.I believe with an established coach combined with the four returning starters next year,you will see between a 10-15 game turn around.

825611505[/snapback]

I am not going to say there isn't ANY talent at OC but I have seen their middle schools, jv, and high school teams the past 3-5 seasons and I didn't see many kids that could start on many other teams in their district. Not that they are bad but not the caliber of Westview, UC, Dyer Co, Crockett Co. etc the past few years.I wish the best to whatever sucker takes this job but the problem is not and has not been coaching. It is funny how everyone runs down the coaching, administration, etc. but talent usually prevails and I don't see a whole lot. And the comment about it being undisciplined, you see what happens when an "established" coach tries to instill discipline. Hey its ok if you want to go on a skiing trip before the district tournament. Yea, go ahead and go hunting and skip practice. We will hold your spot til you get back. OC needs to get their head out of the sand and wake up. It is NOT the coaches at OC who are at fault.