Kazzy's Area II Stars '04-'05

kazam37

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The opinions expressed here are solely Kazam's.......Most of the picks are really in no particular order, they were just put down as I contemplated each pick. The specialty player awards invite debate, but you will be hard pressed to change Kaz's perception of these players. The fact that most of the players mentioned are from Wartburg, Oneida, Fairview, Petros, Huntsville reflects the fact that those were the more successful teams. And yes, I live in the North so I was exposed to those teams more this year, but I tried to consider those individuals that caught my eye in the tournament. Hope I didn't deflate any egos, or hurt any feelings. I was just trying my hand at it!

thumb Kaz thumb

Oneida's West must be thinking his incoming freshmen will impact his team in some way, too. He has a big group coming in with loads of potential. It would be hard to determine which player will have an impact early, several of these players are already pretty good and they will only get better. I would expect Thompson will have a good shot if the team is looking for a true point guard. Oneida will not lose players to graduation so it will be hard for anyone to crack the starting line-up.

thumb Kaz thumb

I think that Oneida may still shake things up a little bit. I saw them play this year in High School. It might help them to get some positive energy from this group of 8th graders (they'll push some kids for starting jobs). Kaz, you're right they may not crack the starting 5, but you can bet they'll see some big minutes if they earn them on the practice floor. Guards tend to come around a little faster than posts. So, Thompson would be a good bet to get some p.t.

Edited by bigdave25