Brainerd - Ooltewah Results and Stats?

bluetubby

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a game, only thing that can possible top this was the win over Central last year, but this still was probably the most emotional game I've experienced. So many ups and downs.

First of all, I think we should realize this team came in after losing three starters from last year. We have our good players, but this season was a team effort and everyone deserves our congratulations and praise.

As far as the Championship game, you gotta give props to Curtis Porter. He may not have finished with the most points, but he played a tough, physical game with foul trouble for a lot of it and still came up with some huge plays down the stretch.

Another huge part was Chris Foster. He fouled out in the 4th, and was held scoreless by Re Bank, but he was hitting 3's left and right and forced the Brainerd D to keep honest, which helped everyone else. He showed great hustle and effort.

You can't leave out Brandon. Even though it seemed the refs were letting Brainerd get away with murder when covering him, he played a tight game, and his usual lane floaters weren't landing either, so he adjusted and came up with some huge plays and at one point had taken the game over. Nobody was quicker on the floor.

And, of course, the backbone of Ooltewah, Courtney. Seeing him improve over the years has been great, and this game was the culmination of all his work and talent. He definitely showed he is a rare talent and played well all over the floor.

Not to mention C-Daddy. He has lifted this team to who they are and given them the plan they need to win. Brainerd had tons of backdoor layups in the first half, and whatever Baker did during halftime turned it around.

First of all, I think we should realize this team came in after losing three starters from last year.

825585383[/snapback]

actually there were 4 starters lost and 2 subs that saw significant playing time, a total of 6 players...but anyway glad to see my boys pull it out, i wish we could have played this brainerd team last year haha without mapp and benning, it definitely would have been a different story..but oh well its all good, i still got a district championship too and so do my boys now so everythings good

Wow, what a game, only thing that can possible top this was the win over Central last year, but this still was probably the most emotional game I've experienced. So many ups and downs.

First of all, I think we should realize this team came in after losing three starters from last year. We have our good players, but this season was a team effort and everyone deserves our congratulations and praise.

As far as the Championship game, you gotta give props to Curtis Porter. He may not have finished with the most points, but he played a tough, physical game with foul trouble for a lot of it and still came up with some huge plays down the stretch.

Another huge part was Chris Foster. He fouled out in the 4th, and was held scoreless by Re Bank, but he was hitting 3's left and right and forced the Brainerd D to keep honest, which helped everyone else. He showed great hustle and effort.

You can't leave out Brandon. Even though it seemed the refs were letting Brainerd get away with murder when covering him, he played a tight game, and his usual lane floaters weren't landing either, so he adjusted and came up with some huge plays and at one point had taken the game over. Nobody was quicker on the floor.

And, of course, the backbone of Ooltewah, Courtney. Seeing him improve over the years has been great, and this game was the culmination of all his work and talent. He definitely showed he is a rare talent and played well all over the floor.

Not to mention C-Daddy. He has lifted this team to who they are and given them the plan they need to win. Brainerd had tons of backdoor layups in the first half, and whatever Baker did during halftime turned it around.

825585383[/snapback]

Yeah that guy was all over Brandon. He didn't get rattled even once...he was very impressive; that guy covering him should have fouled out by half-time, but Brandon played him tough. thumb