OS/AC

dirtydiamondplayer

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big game tonight at AC for the Lady Mavs and the Lady Cats. The past 2 times these teams have met its been a game to watch. Good luck to the Lady Cats play hard tonight. What are some thoughts on how this game will go?

825585672[/snapback]

WHY is everbody so hush hush about this one?

GO LADYCATS!!!!!!!

Because you make enough noise for everybody. See you tonight

825586501[/snapback]

C'mon Hopi, you can do better than that can't you? I know you have an opinion on this game. I have to pick my OS LADYCATS! I just hope that the one guy in stripes doesn't take OS personal tonight.

GO LADYCATS!!!!!!

You didn't offer him enough money the other night. HA HA!!!! :ph34r: I seen that during the game.

He will not be there tonight I don't think.

Believe it or not the fouls were actually even because of the first half was so lop-sided for OS something like 14 to 3. They went against OS until the fourth 9-3 and then evened up somewhat after that. I have to agree the refereeing in this tournament 4AA has not been real good. Maybe tonight will be better. AC at home could be more trouble than you think. But I still have to pick OS by 3.

Close Hopi, try 1 point! Ha. Obviously Ellis's money didn't do him very well tonight. It shows that even when EVERYONE is AGAINST you, you can still SHINE!!!

Good job tonight LADY CATS, you all kept playing your game and hustled your buts off and prevailed! Great coaching by Coach Wright as well tonight.

:blink:

What a finish. Down eight with 1:04 to play then Katie Davis starts a 10-1 run to end the game with a triple. To beat it all, OS had three starters on the bench down the stretch and still got it done.

Andrea Parton played great on a night that Kara Monk didn't have her best stuff.

825587249[/snapback]

One thing about this TEAM, there is always someone there to pick up the slack.

GO LADY BOBCATS!!!!!!

Edited by 32OZCAT

I'm so proud of you all, you absolutely REFUSED to lose! I do however want to correct the Knox News article this morning,

Sophomore Andrea Parton made a huge steal off the press and shoveled the ball to WAMPLER who seen her open team mate Davis, who came through again with the 10-foot game-winning basket.

Wampler is usualy getting yelled at for looking to pass and not shooting but this is 1 time I was hoping she seen that there were two others wide open, Davis said the eye contact from her on that pass was awesome.

GREAT JOB LADIES, I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

GO LADYCATS!!!!!!!!

Edited by bballmom

<a href="http://oshs.com/?go=story&doc=223">http://oshs.com/?go=story&doc=223</a>

The Lady Cats (28-2) overcame a late eight-point deficit to down the Anderson County Lady Mavericks (20-10) in Friday's District 4-AA championship game, 44-43. Oliver Springs' fourth-straight district tournament championship gives the team the top seed entering next week's Region 2-AA Tournament at Carter.

Oliver Springs faces Fulton Monday at 6pm in the quarterfinal round of the region tournament at Carter High School.

<b>Audio Archive:</b><br>

<li>Semifinal: <a href="mms://oshs.com/oshs/media/20050222g-os_loudon.wma">Lady Cats vs. Loudon</a>

<li>Championship: <a href="mms://oshs.com/oshs/media/20050225g-ac_os.wma">Lady Cats vs. Anderson County</a>

The game-winning score for Oliver Springs came after a backcourt steal by sophomore Andrea Parton, who fed District Tournament MVP Katie Davis inside the paint for the go-ahead layup. Davis scored eight points in the last 63 seconds, finishing with a team-leading 13 points on three 3-pointers.

Senior Jessie Hackworth added 12 points before fouling out midway through the fourth quarter. Sophomore Jennifer Smith also scored in double figures with 11.

Every Lady Maverick scored in the contest, with regular-season MVP Tiffany Rodd leading her team with 6-of-12 shooting and 17 points.

Oliver Springs' last two district championships came on the opponents' home floor, in 2004 against Kingston (65-26) and this season against Anderson County. The 2003 tournament was won at Oliver Springs over Kingston (64-46). The Lady Cats began their tournament streak in 2002 with championship win (63-51) over Loudon at Scott High.

Friday's events also mark the fourth consecutive time a Lady Cat has been named tournament MVP. This year's tournament MVP Katie Davis has signed a letter of intent to play next fall at Mars Hill College in North Carolina.

<b>Girls All-Tournament Team</b>

Rachel Sitzlar (Kingston)

Brooke Gentry (Kingston)

Lacey Orr (Loudon)

Brittany Everett (Loudon)

Tiffany Rodd (AC)

Ashley Worthington (AC)

Alyssa Bryant (AC)

Casee Wampler (OS)

Jennifer Smith (OS)

Jessie Hackworth (OS)

Katie Davis (Most Valuable Player, OS)