Region 2 Tournament AAA

DCCATVOICE

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how seating is an issue at Powell and not at Clinton.  The Powell gym will hold just as many as the Clinton gym.

825593058[/snapback]

As I understand it, the TSSAA rule, adopted summer of 2004, is that to host a sub state AAA game, you must be able to seat 1500 people in your gym. Last year, Powell's gym did not meet that requirement, so that is why the game between Powell and Jeff County was moved to Central.

I am not sure that there is a rule like that for regional or district tournaments.

I believe Clinton does have more room than powell. Clinton has the thig that goes around the gym where people can stand and or sit if. powell has just one side. I dont see how they can put anymore seating in that place. If they can't that would be a shame to not be able to have it there. It has been a while since it has been on Powell's home court. When they were AA they had them in an even smaller gym. That place would be rockin if they had either one of the games there.

I believe Clinton does have more room than powell. Clinton has the thig that goes around the gym where people can stand and or sit if. powell has just one side. I dont see how they can put anymore seating in that place. If they can't that would be a shame to not be able to have it there. It has been a while since it has been on Powell's home court. When they were AA they had them in an even smaller gym. That place would be rockin if they had either one of the games there.

825593921[/snapback]

There is some room in the upper level that seats might be able to be added. I understand that is where the additional 150 or so seats that are needed could be brought in.