Can the Dark Horse Make it to the Championship?

owlsfan10

You obviously never watched the team with Josh Sullivan and Reg Johnson if you think this team is the hungriest you have seen.  hmmm..  That team would beat this years team by 35-40.  If I remember right they went 18-7 against the toughest schedule in the state beating Bradley at Bradley and losing by 2 to bradley in the region.  Bradley went on to lose to Whitestation in the state final by 4.

825590677[/snapback]

Let's set the record straight, although you are sorta right. In 2000-01 season Soddy-Daisy did beat Bradley Central at Bradley by 60-58. Bradley Central then beat the Trojans by 11 (62-51) in the region quarterfinals, thus eliminating SD. Bradley did not play White Station in the state that year. They lost in the sub-state game at home to Lebanon 71-66. That was the last home loss for the Bears. A streak that is at 47 games and counting.

As for all the lousy excuses, "our team is hungrier", "we're overdue", "we have better team chemistry now", close games, bad calls, missed opportunities, yada-yada-yada, the outcome will be decided on the court. Past history is just that--past history. Good teams acknowledge it for what it is and move on to the future. It's gonna be a whiz-bang tourney at Cumberland County. It's just a shame that more folks can't get there due to the distance.

Look for this to be the last tournament that Cumberland County will be hosting for District 5-AAA or Region 3-AAA. The new school in Cumberland County (Stone Memorial) opens in the fall of 2006. This will split the attendance nearly down the middle changing all aspects of Jet and Lady Jet sports programs. Both will certainly be classified in a lesser classification than 5A for football and 3A for basketball. Whether they choose to play up a classification and remain where they are today or play in the classification for which they will qualify will be a question for the coaches and administrators at the school. But high school sports as it is known today in Cumberland County will be a thing of the past.

It's happening all across the state so get used to it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just letting you know....that was 6 years ago

825590694[/snapback]

hmm 2000-2001 season 2004-2005 season Don't know where you went to high school but even with my Soddy-Daisy Diploma I can see that that was 4 years ago. btw Josh is a senior at West Florida and playing basketball and Reg is a senior at Mars Hill and still playing. Soddy-Daisy had a decent team in 2001-2002 as well as 2002-2003.

How many Chattanooga people plan on driving up there for the 1st round? I'm tempted to, but I don't think Ooltewah will need the support against McMinn. 2nd round will be different though.

825590813[/snapback]

yeah if i was ohs i wouldn't come to see my team get killed by McMinn county either, i understand there.....as for the CCHS game against those condoms from Soddy Daisy.....look for Daniel Keyes to show them how you play post as a 6'3 kid....come watch the clinic baby!!!!

I hate all these cocky toothless cumberland fans, that think their the stuff. Just because your whole town has nothing better to do, and all of them gather together to watch ya'll, ya'll think you have fans, just be glad the tourney is in crossville, and i hope that ya'll use that to your advantage. But beat Ooltewah? It may be close but ya'll overlook one thing, you have to beat Soddy-Daisy first. And that is not as easy as ya'll think, can't wait to find out?

825588391[/snapback]

well son the whole town would have something to do every once in a while if your mom would come back to our town...i mean she came once and that was what the whole town did....tell her to call me sometime

and they have a good team 2004-2005

825590851[/snapback]

Yes they do, but some cannot let this year's players feel good about their effort and keep wanting to bring up previous teams and records. Everytime something positive is said about Soddy's team this year, the past few years comes up. The main difference in this team and previous teams is the attitude. It is like daylight and dark. Coach Shumate needs a pat on the back for that, regardless of the won/loss record. Let's forget about two years ago, five years ago, 10-20 years ago, and focus on the Region Tournament as this thread is intended.

How many Chattanooga people plan on driving up there for the 1st round? I'm tempted to, but I don't think Ooltewah will need the support against McMinn. 2nd round will be different though.

825590813[/snapback]

I dont understand why all you people have so much confidence that Ooltewah will just run over mcminn... they've won 2 out of 3......so what? those 2 games were all settled by under 5 points i do believe....the one at ooltewah was what?? a 2 point victory with horrible officiating? Big deal........and the other ooltewah victory was in a tourny in georgia where mcminn was up the whole game but slipped around the end of the 3rd and couldnt hardly score at all........ McMinn's victory was by around 9 points on November 30th...... Expect this one to be a dog fight where the team that wants it more will come out on top..... and from talk around school.... McMinn will come ready to play tonight with their "A game"

I dont understand why all you people have so much confidence that Ooltewah will just run over mcminn... they've won 2 out of 3......so what? those 2 games were all settled by under 5 points i do believe....the one at ooltewah was what?? a 2 point victory with horrible officiating? Big deal........and the other ooltewah victory was in a tourny in georgia where mcminn was up the whole game but slipped around the end of the 3rd and couldnt hardly score at all........ McMinn's victory was by around 9 points on November 30th...... Expect this one to be a dog fight where the team that wants it more will come out on top..... and from talk around school.... McMinn will come ready to play tonight with their "A game"

825591437[/snapback]

The Owls are playing very well and with confidence right now. They should be hard pressed for McMinn to beat, but that is why they play the game. At this point, any one of these teams are capable of winning and moving to the next round.

825591437[/snapback]

They don't need their A game. I'm about 99.9% sure MCHS will come out victorious, but then again MJ was 99.9% sure he wouldn't return to the NBA TWICE.