Peabody -vs- South Fulton

goldentide79

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be fitting if both of these clubs(SF and the Lady Tide) made it to the BORO next week.. South Fulton especially after finishing 3rd in the district, Coach Lee has this veteran team playing well at the right time :huh: If a club can either try to run them out of the gym, get into the bench or try the size and strength game(as Peabody probably will) would be the only way to keep SF out of the game.. The Lady Tide is an excellent transition team as was evident the other night in the win at Gleason. Barnett and Simpson can run with the best. The Meece

girl and her outside shooting were definately a surprise B)South Fulton had a smothering half court defense as Dresden was totally taken out of their offense from the early 2nd quarter on. Great rebounding in SF and this may come down to the battle of the boards as the Lady Tide have the edge in height thumb

Should be a fun one to watch

Peabody did a wonderful job from the 3 point line against Gleason, but if they rely on the "three" to win against South Fulton, they didnt learn anything from watching the Devilettes play Dresden. If Gleason had adjusted and shut down Peabody's three point shooting...Gleason wins the game. Dresden looked past South Fulton to Trenton! Big mistake. Peabody might be looking forward to Sub-State. Another big mistake. It is hard to beat a team 3 times in one year...ask Dresden!

The Swammy Knooooowwsss!

Hey redbirdfan, if you were surprised by Meece shooting from the outside then you haven't watched Trenton girls play int the last 2 years.

I think it would be fitting if both of these clubs(SF and the Lady Tide) made it to the BORO next week.. South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> especially after finishing 3rd in the district, Coach Lee has this veteran team playing well at the right time :o  If a club can either try to run them out of the gym, get into the bench or try the size and strength game(as Peabody probably will) would be the only way to keep SF out of the game.. The Lady Tide is an excellent transition team as was evident the other night in the win at Gleason. Barnett and Simpson can run with the best. The Meece

girl and her outside shooting were definately a surprise :D  South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> had a smothering half court defense as Dresden was totally taken out of their offense from the early 2nd quarter on. Great rebounding in SF and this may come down to the battle of the boards as the Lady Tide have the edge in height thumb

Should be a fun one to watch

825590939[/snapback]

Your posts appear to have an anti-Trenton tone to them...I wasn't for Trenton until after they won on Saturday nite.  Now I hope they win it all, as I will pull for the last local teams standing...and that is Trenton and SF....

825590936[/snapback]

Well, most non-Trenton natives aren't jumping up and down everytime Trenton wins a ballgame. I will be pulling for SF tonight, and if SF doesn't go to state, I will be pulling for Trenton.

For South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> to win, Bobbitt must be contained by Cawthon like Bailey was by Alexander.  (Bailey for Dresden only had one point!)  Foul trouble will be the key!  If Harris and Beatles can penetrate and draw the big fouls it will handcuff Trenton.  Trenton is ripe for picking, just like Dresden, Obion Central, Gibson, etc....

It is going to be a good game, but I believe that South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Fulton</a>'s renewed defense shuts down Trenton and the lady devilettes win by 8!  The Swammy Knooooowws!

825590355[/snapback]

Swammy, you did mention foul issues and boy does SF know how to draw them! They can fake better than anyone I've seen! But you were wrong on the outcome! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!