Doaks --Back with a vengance

Volunatic

Should be a good one. I hope the Trenton fans show more class, than last nite, booing the LC kids when they came out. NO one seems to of mentioned the Trenton kid punching the SF kid. I go to watch, not a fan of either, but clearly Trenton has issues. Does that come from their coach? or the rabidness of the fans? Or just the way these kids act now? I predict LC wins by 12.

825594231[/snapback]

Student sections boo the opposing team or their rival...that is a bit different than what was posted earlier.

I'm a fan of all the players that put in the extra time, go to camps, work hard in practice and try to execute a game plan from their coaches. I just have a hard time focusing all of my attention toward the defeat of a player or a team. These are kids after all.

Also, I didn't see a punch thrown in the TP/SF game...but, I did see a player - Doaks - step up to settle down the situation and was given a pat by the official for his quick actions. But, I'm sure something negative will be said about that as well.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good one. I hope the Trenton fans show more class, than last nite, booing the LC kids when they came out. NO one seems to of mentioned the Trenton kid punching the SF kid. I go to watch, not a fan of either, but clearly Trenton has issues. Does that come from their coach? or the rabidness of the fans? Or just the way these kids act now? I predict LC wins by 12.

825594231[/snapback]

I do not know who you root for but I saw the Tide fans boo the Falcons when they came out.

That is just part of a high school rivalry.

Deal with it.

Basketball experts tend to disagree.  What some don't seem to understand is that it is better to give credit where credit is due...as in Tony Tyler for LC - good point guard and a dead-eye shooter.  I don't know the kid personally and have no need to...but, he has been an outstanding player as has Doaks.  1A in west TN is loaded with players that are fun to watch:  Dresden - Kyle Odle, Mark Roberson & Eddie Miller; Bradford - Stewart Russell & Matthew Thetford; Greenfield - Brandon Shane & Jeremy Smith;  South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> - Jeremy Wilson & Adam Hicks; Middle College - Darren Currie, James Buntyn & Antwoine Todd; Halls - Demarcus Patrick, Walter Tates & Paris Brown; Peabody - Nicchaeus Doaks, Dex Fields & Greg Ramsey; Lake County - Tony Tyler, Sep Valentine & Brandon Springer....see what I'm getting at?  It really makes the high school sports experience better when you are able to see all of the talent on the floor and not look at each game with distaste and anger.  Having school spirit is great, but to take to a hate level is such a waste.

825594186[/snapback]

A good ball player has a good attitude, and Doaks has a sorry attitude, at least what I've seen!!

You hit it on the head sportsradio!

You got to be kidding rjmfalconfan! You're being taunted in warm-ups? I do not especially watch warm-ups, I'm there to see the game. But you can bet I'll be looking for the taunts in warm-up now. And yes the path was blocked. Leaving the game or not, the team should have been able to get to the locker room without incidents. And the people you say were leaving, took their ever-loving time to do so and continued to stand in that corner.

825594235[/snapback]

Look at him while he is warming up, he taunts us and really lets us know that we're gettin to him if you havent seen, shut up about it. And we have big crowds and when everyone is trying to get out at once the crowd is creeping especially when people stop to talk to one another.

Look at him while he is warming up, he taunts us and really lets us know that we're gettin to him if you havent seen, shut up about it.  And we have big crowds and when everyone is trying to get out at once the crowd is creeping especially when people stop to talk to one another.

825594339[/snapback]

Is this a sentence? Did you learn English at Lake Co or up the road at the prison?

This post might be ebonics for: Say what?

Edited by WesCharge

I do not know who you root for but I saw the Tide fans boo the Falcons when they came out. 

That is just part of a high school rivalry.

Deal with it.

825594291[/snapback]

Iamasportloser? did you read what i said? i said Trenton fans boo'd the LC kids when they came out. Peabody graduate? or Gibson county?

LC and TP Once again fighting for a championship. What will the outcome be who knows. It will be a good game no doubt about that. What i liked about last night is that Trenton actually had some kind of section doing chants and etc. But their chants were weak and seemed to lack boldness and heart. Has for the Lc student/Alumni section they are bold and full of heart they get to the players on the court quicker and the Lc fans feed off that we love to see them "taunt" or look at us with a shutup look. Both teams need their A games and what ever it takes to keep everything cool and no hot headed situatuions to happen.

With that out of the way... LC is gona roll in like a huricane and just destroy Peabody...

Sisco Sisco Sisco sisco

this came to you from Big Bubba.... GO LC and

GO LAMBUTH EAGLES

Edited by Bighurt

Good post sportsradiotn... I know people cheer on their teams, but its important to encourage everyone. Yes, Doaks does taunt the crowd, but he's still the best player in the region. Sorry rjmfalconfan6, HE IS GOOD! I'm rooting for Lake County all the way, but don't be so childish. I don't know why Lake County fans have a problem with him. What's the matter? Did he do something in particular to all of ya'll. I'm from Halls and love to see all kids doing something good. Don't degrade anyone. Give them their props. As the older man said in Coming to America, "That boy is good, that boy is good." lol...lol... That may be over some of you younger kids heads! :D Just let it go. He's good and it will probably be an awesome game. I know I'll be there, and that's a long drive for we Halls people (especially to see a game that Halls isn't participating in). I hope it will be worth the hour and twenty minute drive, the $20 in gas, and the four dollars at the gate. Good luck to both teams! ....really LC! :)