Oakland v. Columbia

MidTennFootball

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh, back to the old days except it used to be in the finals not the semis. anyway, should be a great game with a wild finish more than likely. after tonights game, going with the lions.

825595564[/snapback]

wish it could be back to the old days. Hopefully Oakland and Columbia will start meeting twice every season no matter what, it is a great rivalry no doubt, one of the more underrated ones in the midstate

The key in this one for Oakland will be their Perimeter Defense. If Oakland can shut down Columbia's long range game and force their post players to try to win the game for them, i think this one goes to the Pats. Both teams can play either a halfcourt tempo or can push it up the court. Whoever sets the tempo could also go a long way in determining who will win this one

All I know is that this is the game that I have been waiting on for a while now, and it's finally come to pass. This will be one heck of a ball game. I think Columbia moved past the whole "not being able to keep up with the superior District 7" thing tonight with the spanking they put on Riverdale. This comes down to just great basketball between two proven programs. And I'm calling it now. The winner of this game will make the state tournament.

All I know is that this is the game that I have been waiting on for a while now, and it's finally come to pass.  This will be one heck of a ball game.  I think Columbia moved past the whole "not being able to keep up with the superior District 7" thing tonight with the spanking they put on Riverdale.  This comes down to just great basketball between two proven programs.  And I'm calling it now.  The winner of this game will make the state tournament.

825595639[/snapback]

With Brainerd and Bradley Central gone, you could very well be right.Btw, does anybodyknow how many times these 2 teams have met and the series record?

Uh....did you FORGET??/ Riverdale was the #4 team??? You were SUPPOSED to beat them...yet you let them stay in the game most of the way. They even led at one point.I don't call that a spanking. You didn't put them to bed til the 4th. Whereas....OHS hosed down CC........61-22!

825595651[/snapback]

both teams were expected to beat their perspctive opponents. I think most of us knew going into tonight that Oakland would beat CC and that Columbia would beat Riverdale. There will be no suprises at this point, whichever team executes the best and follows their coach's gameplan the best will get the win

Uh....did you FORGET??/ Riverdale was the #4 team??? You were SUPPOSED to beat them...yet you let them stay in the game most of the way. They even led at one point.I don't call that a spanking. You didn't put them to bed til the 4th. Whereas....OHS hosed down CC........61-22!

825595651[/snapback]

Figures...... Let the score speak for itself, dude. And by the way you District 7 folk talked, NO we WEREN'T supposed to win tonight. But we did. And I think will continue to tomorrow night. Should be a good one, but I'm going with Columbia by 3.

And by the way, Coffee County was the #7 seed in DISTRICT 8! You know, that district that District 7 people are always bashing for being so WEAK. Did you not EXPECT Oakland to "hose them down"?

825595651[/snapback]

That number 4 team beat the great Oakland one time and played with them the other two. So either they really were the number 4 team that got beat by 21 or district 7 isnt much stronger than 8 or all 4 teams from district 7 are evenly matched.... u tell me. Ive got to be for columbia on this just b/c of this guy. I dont like cocky people whether ur just having fun or not. I agree that the winner of this game will make it to the state b/c as i have said before in the state of tennessee the further east you go the weaker the teams get. I think both of these teams got a good 20 plus win tonight to boost them for tomorrows game. I think this game will come down to the final 2 or 3 min. If Columbia plays like they did in the 4th tonight then i say Columbia by 5 or 6. If they play their normal game then it is a tossup. This could be the best region 4 game this year. Good luck to both teams.