Oakland v. Columbia

MidTennFootball

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hs sports fan- thanks bro.i want u watching my back anytime. hope sum of the riverdale nation joins in with Uncle randy's kids tonite to show em how its done in the boro. district 7AAA united.

now pats it is time for a little revenge on the lions.step up and get after them.

825596202[/snapback]

Thats right 7aaa united baby, and to take it a step further BORO united, so yes i will definately root for Oakland (except for the 4:30 game when Oakland girls play Riverdale, that should be a great gamee). But yea i am rooting for Oakland, i respect their team and coach king tremendously. And i guess we should return the favor, all of you guys are in a similar situation every year when your teams football season ins, then Riverdale is the only team left so i see some of you guys root for them so its time to return the favor. Good luck tonight guys, im pulling for ya.

I have a hard time believing you actually put your cell number on a public forum, but its not mine so.....

Anyway, both teams are playing well right now and this should be a good one. This game will be close throughout and I think it may come down to who hits free throws in the 4th. If thats the case I think the edge has to go to Columbia by about 4. I hope that isn't the case, but I have a feeling it will be.

Oakland[/url'>Grad' date='Mar 2 2005 - 12:59 PM']feel free to stop by and visit tonight during the game. if you have trouble finding me just ask hoolie, he can find me for ya. then again, prolly be best just to call me, cell is 308-3162. got some nice oakland merchandise you can where if your wanting oakland to win that badly :lol:

825596567[/snapback]

I saw you last week at Oakland several times and I saw you walking and stick out you hand to NINJA and then i saw him in the hall way and asked if that was you and he said it was but i just never got around to it, but if your at the girls game i'll definatley say whats up but i dont know if ill be there at 9 :lol:

With Brainerd and Bradley Central gone, you could very well be right.Btw, does anybodyknow how many times these 2 teams have met and the series record?

825595646[/snapback]

Here's what I've come up with.

Since the 1983-84 season they have met 22 times with Columbia holding a 13-9 series advantage.

Here's the year by year breakdown.

1983-84

March 8th Oakland 58-42

1985-86

March 5th Columbia 64-60

1990-91

March 7th Oakland 81-65

1991-92

March 6th Columbia 55-54

1992-93

March 5th Oakland 63-62

1993-94

March 4th Columbia 69-59

1994-95

December 17th Columbia 68-64 OT

January 21st Oakland 60-54

1995-96

December 2nd Oakland 75-52

January 20th Oakland 75-58

February 28th Oakland 70-45

1996-97

November 22nd Columbia 81-78 2 OT's

1997-98

January 3rd Columbia 66-56

February 10th Columbia 67-60

March 4th Columbia 66-47

1998-99

December 12th Columbia 55-45

February 12th Columbia 65-52

February 26th Columbia 59-52 OT

March 5th Columbia 61-53

2002-03

March 5th Columbia 57-52

2003-04

December 27th Oakland 68-47

2004-05

November 30th Oakland 64-59

you gonna be able to make it to the game tonight oland? i know you havent had the chance of making many games this year(i think) so i hope you can shake free for this one. Has the potential to be one of the best nights ever in the history of Oakland Basketball

825596222[/snapback]

naw, cant get in town for this one. hate it but that is college for ya. but i would love to see this game for sure. go Pats

hs sports fan- u and i have a friend in common. he's taken my side more than once and i know he always has ur back too. so thanks for being for ohs tonite, cuz i know that makes him happy.

Here's what I've come up with.

1991-92

March 6th  Columbia 55-54

1992-93

March 5th  Oakland 63-62

825596662[/snapback]

greenwheel, that's pretty impressive on those records. The '92 and '93 region champ. games are the best ones of this rivalry in my opinion, esp. '92. I was really rootin' for OHS at that time and they had like a 15 point 3rd quarter lead, then Columbia with Goff, Pillow, and Bailey (and that tall white guy whose name escapes me) surged back. Real good game in the Shelbyville gym.

This is one of the most storied interdistrict rivalries in the midstate, and tonight should not disappoint the 4AAA fans in attendance.

greenwheel, that's pretty impressive on those records. The '92 and '93 region champ. games are the best ones of this rivalry in my opinion, esp. '92. I was really rootin' for OHS at that time and they had like a 15 point 3rd quarter lead, then Columbia with Goff, Pillow, and Bailey (and that tall white guy whose name escapes me) surged back. Real good game in the Shelbyville gym.

This is one of the most storied interdistrict rivalries in the midstate, and tonight should not disappoint the 4AAA fans in attendance.

825596781[/snapback]

I think the tall white guy was Keith Hines. I think he will always be remembered for missing that dunk against Brainerd in the "92 state finals.