Brentwood Academy v. Harding

CR4

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

93-75 BA.

Harding never led, but had cut the lead to 6 with about 5 minutes left. BA went on a run and ended the game. Harding gave it a great effort, and shot the three incredibly well, especially Price. No answer for Brandan Wright, however, who had 36, I believe.

Pretty valient effort by Harding who managed to keep the game reasonably close for awhile but just too much Wright from BA. BA looked to be in a little trouble in the 2nd quarter with Harding within a few points and Wright in early foul trouble but Brandan never got another foul and BA made a nice run at the end to send Harding home. BA will play the winner of Briarcrest and Father Ryan who play tonight, I'm predicting a Brentwood Academy vs. Briarcrest final ,though I hope Ryan can pull it out so we can have an all middle final.

Nice effort by both teams. How Mariun Price was omitted from the

DII Mr. Basketball finalists is a mystery. He can score! Harding Academy

had an excellent game plan. They spread the offense to the perimeter

and fired from 3. Their excellent shooting kept them in the game.

Kudos to the BA girls for their hard fought victory over Knox Webb. BA

will be represented in both finals.

Nice effort by both teams.  How Mariun Price was omitted from the

DII Mr. Basketball finalists is a mystery.  He can score!  Harding Academy

had an excellent game plan.  They spread the offense to the perimeter

and fired from 3.  Their excellent shooting kept them in the game.

Kudos to the BA girls for their hard fought victory over Knox Webb.  BA

will be represented in both finals.

825602097[/snapback]

Granted this is the first time I've seen Price play, but if this game was an indication, he clearly is one of the top three players in DII. They usually don't include Juniors in Mr. Basketball, but I'd have made an exception in his case. He should have a spectacular senior season next year, and will definitely be in the final mix for Mr. Basketball for 2006.

Harding fans, where is he talking about playing in college? I heard Belmont is very interested.

In tourney time all you want to do is win and advance and that is waht BA did today. Give credit to a great Harding Academy effort. This is the kind of team you would hatte to play. Well coached, good conditioned, know thier roles and execute very well. They came in to this game loose and played like it. Their coach and fans should be very proud of their team and thier effort. An excellent "source" at the game said Price is definitely D-I talent, maybe a notch below SEC but still a very good player and he is only a junior!

Harding played a really good game. They shot 43 Three Pointers, and if they had hit their open shots they would have been winning at the 5:50 mark... That is when BA began to get every single call and got an And-1 everytime down the court! I give a lot of credit to BA they are very good, but Harding is just as good as them and it is a sad to see them end their amazing season this way... Great job Harding... Seniors we love you!

Edited by Memwrestling11

Harding played a really good game.  They shot 43 Three Pointers, and if they had hit their open shots they would have been winning at the 5:50 mark... That is when BA began to get every single call and got an And-1 everytime down the court!  I give a lot of credit to BA they are very good, but Harding is just as good as them and it is a sad to see them end their amazing season this way... Great job Harding... Seniors we love you!

825602545[/snapback]

I am trying to figure out which statement I disagree with more: "Harding is just as good" (lost by 18 while shooting the lights out from the field) or "...amazing season..." They lost 18 games and did not even win the region.

I contend the that Harding played BA as tough as they could have hoped and they had a good season. The great thing about the old message board - we can all share our opinion.