CPA girls in Region final

Watcher52

Congratulations to the CPA girls who beat Goodpasture in the semis of Region 5 to become the first CPA girls team to make the Region finals and the Sweet 16 of the state in the toughest girl's district (IMO) in the state - District 9.

With the win, CPA will play FRA in the finals after FRA upset #1 in the state DCA in the semis.

Goodpasture has one of the largest single A girls teams I have ever seen, but CPA played pressure ball the whole game and prevented GP from setting up their 1/2 court offense which is their strength. CPA simply was too quick for GP and forced the action the whole game.

CPA has lost to FRA twice this season in 2 good games and they are underdogs, but don't count them out based on how well they are playing now. And they start 2 Freshmen and a sophomore.

Classy comment form the Unaka fan!  Way to go ladies on a great win.  We are so proud of you.  It is amazing how the seniors have improved and the Frosh and Sophs have played.  Keep the pressure on and let's get a home substate game.

825598464[/snapback]

Classy people deserve classy comments. I wasn't there, but people said ya'll were a classy bunch at Chattanoga. Hope to see you next week at MTSU! thumb

I have to admit that CPA has generally impressed me this week. Now, they did have the easier side of the two draws in the region, but that is beside the point. This is a team that has been very up and down all year long. They've played some good teams close and lost to some average ones. Apparently, they are peaking at the right time.

Good complete game by the whole team.  Way to go Lady Lions!

825598369[/snapback]

I want to add my congratulations to the Lady Lions. I am thrilled with their success. In The Tennessean this morning, Coach Scott Oatsvall made a reference to the 60-2 game which was not a high school game by the way. I was at that game so I know how far this program has come.

Edited by Bighurt