Oak RIdge vs. Clinton: Round 5

cliffrad17

If Clinton's shooting is on, they win.  Their defense will win for them, but they will have a hard time stopping the Oak Ridge inside game.  Clinton will have an advantage playing at home, but not by much since their opponent plays in the Dragon Den often and there will be just as many Wildcat fans as Dragon fans.  It is anybody's game this one.  One new factor that showed in this region tourney is the inexperience of OR's freshmen players.  This one will be a great game indeed.

825600461[/snapback]

If anything the tourney has shown that the oak ridge freshman are far beyod their years. Jared Stephens led the cats in scoring against powell and dowdell is consistently scoring in double digits. our freshman are one of the things that are keeping us alive. Another good accomplishment of jareds is the winning freethrow in the farragut game. you cant really say that they are inexperienced.

Well both of our radio stations are on AM stations with limited night power. You can hear the game on the internet though at Prepradio.com. As for the Region 1 Championship game its TN High at home vs Science Hill. I expect a huge crowd for round 5. In my opinion, there is nothing better than a Friday night watching a Clinton/Oak Ridge basketball game.

Game starts at 7:30, it is at Clinton. There is limited parking space due to construction so get there early, otherwise you walk a block or so.

Oak Ridge knows well the contribution DCCATVOICE gives to all the Wildcat programs and are proud/glad to have him. As the "Voice of the Wildcats" Oak Ridgers have enjoyed his radio persona for many years and look forward to many more. Thanks DCCATVOICE for being a true part of Oak Ridge and the sports programs!

GO WILDCATS GO! thumb

Oak Ridge played a great game last night and deserved to get that win. Its hard to beat a team when it seems like they shot better than 75% from the field from the 2nd quarter on. OR put up some shots that i didnt think would go in but hats off to them and i might add Clinton played a great game olso and fought to stay in it. I thought it was one of their better performances as a team but that great shooting of OR last night was just too much to overcome. Good luck Wildcats in the sectionals and i dont like going out loosing 3-2 to the Wildcats this season so hopefully we can even the score in Murfreesboro if both teams take care of business in the Sub-State.