Cumberland Co @ Oakland

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, listening to the game and being there are two different things. The refs pretty much gave you all the game the first half. Yes they evened it up the second half, but they had alot of making up to do.

As for Almader being a jewel...that's the funniest thing I have ever heard. She didn't show me anything... Maybe that was because of Foster's defense. For some reason our best three point shooters weren't even in the ballgame.

Congratulations to Oakland and Good Luck in the tournament. Hope to see you again next year.

Let me tell you really fast sir..........I was unable to attend but was listening on the radio. I think it was a general consensus that both teams suffered from some  bad officiating. Maybe OHS got a few breaks in the first half, but it was Your team that got them when it counted in the second half.

Almader is a JEWEL..........a DIAMOND. She may not have had her shots fall tonight, but she was doing her thing defensively. I could care less what you think. I have seen her and she is a force. Just ask Shelbyville, Riverdale,.....well ask any team that we have played.

The radio announcers were not impressed with your Foster, and HE IS A FORMER very successful bball coach.

825604648[/snapback]

If he wasnt impressed with Foster then she doesnt have any basketball credibility at all in my book...and he would be in a group of his own!! That was the 1stt ime i have ever heard that nonsense!! Foster is a GREAT player regardless of what some radio announcer thinks! thumb

BTW the Smith girl you referred to is only a freshman!!

Edited by wouldntyoulike2know

You are right....being there and seeing  straight up are two different things. But I have BEEN there many times this season to SEE. You don't REAP the personal awards that Tab has already racked up this season in a very TOUGH and COMPETITIVE district or region if you can't show up to play. Therefore your analysis is WRONG. Tab was out most of the 4th with her ankle.....so if Tab was NOTHING in your eyes....why did WE get the big W then???? Your gilr Foster was still in the game........ :lol:

Seems like Tab had 2 fouls in the first half, Riddle had 1, and Asberry had 3...... from CC Johnson had 1, Foster had 2, and Martin had 2.....sounds pretty even to me.......

We shot so poorly in the 2nd half.....only made 3 FG's.....but got 12 FT's.Yall made a nice little run then and took the lead. I am disappointed in the number of turnovers in this game. OHS never has that many and I am sure Grandstaff will show her displeasure too.

And again.......our announcer is former coach....he gives a different insight than most announcers.He gives other teams and players their due unlike other announcers. He commented a few times that OHS got lucky with a few calls, just like he was appalled at several for us....esp two On RIDDLE toward the end> In fact he has called Tab the BEST defensive player in our area more than once. Sorry Dude........we have some OUTSTANDING ball players around here....and coming from a respectable person such as Jeff Jordan.....I will take HIS word over a nobody like you any day.

BTW......the name he kept talking about stepping up from CC was a SMITH girl not Foster..........so go cry in your cookies.

Now again....I give props to CC girls for getting as far as they did. And best of luck to your boys as they roll into town to take on Siegel on Monday. Better wear some ear plugs.......the SIEGEL NATION will be so loud your ears will ring for days.

825605073[/snapback]

We dont even have a johnson so u need to know what ur talking about b4 u make ur little committs...As for the Lady Jets Great job way to play 5 on 8...u'll get em next year

You are right....being there and seeing  straight up are two different things. But I have BEEN there many times this season to SEE. You don't REAP the personal awards that Tab has already racked up this season in a very TOUGH and COMPETITIVE district or region if you can't show up to play. Therefore your analysis is WRONG. Tab was out most of the 4th with her ankle.....so if Tab was NOTHING in your eyes....why did WE get the big W then???? Your gilr Foster was still in the game........ :lol:

Seems like Tab had 2 fouls in the first half, Riddle had 1, and Asberry had 3...... from CC Johnson had 1, Foster had 2, and Martin had 2.....sounds pretty even to me.......

We shot so poorly in the 2nd half.....only made 3 FG's.....but got 12 FT's.Yall made a nice little run then and took the lead. I am disappointed in the number of turnovers in this game. OHS never has that many and I am sure Grandstaff will show her displeasure too.

And again.......our announcer is former coach....he gives a different insight than most announcers.He gives other teams and players their due unlike other announcers. He commented a few times that OHS got lucky with a few calls, just like he was appalled at several for us....esp two On RIDDLE toward the end> In fact he has called Tab the BEST defensive player in our area more than once. Sorry Dude........we have some OUTSTANDING ball players around here....and coming from a respectable person such as Jeff Jordan.....I will take HIS word over a nobody like you any day.

BTW......the name he kept talking about stepping up from CC was a SMITH girl not Foster..........so go cry in your cookies.

Now again....I give props to CC girls for getting as far as they did. And best of luck to your boys as they roll into town to take on Siegel on Monday. Better wear some ear plugs.......the SIEGEL NATION will be so loud your ears will ring for days.

825605073[/snapback]

We dont even have a johnson so u need to know what ur talking about b4 u make ur little committs...As for the Lady Jets Great job way to play 5 on 8...u'll get em next year

The Lady Jets got some bad calls but they had many opportunities to score and didn't. They missed their first four shots of the game, missed 8 free throws, and then came back in the second half and missed three layups. They definitely had a chance regardless of the officiating. Although, they made these simple mistakes I still think that Foster is a good ball player and Beaty would have helped the Lady Jets if she would have gotten to play more. Smith is a good ball player too but she needs to calm down on the court.

Let me tell you really fast sir..........I was unable to attend but was listening on the radio. I think it was a general consensus that both teams suffered from some  bad officiating. Maybe OHS got a few breaks in the first half, but it was Your team that got them when it counted in the second half.

Almader is a JEWEL..........a DIAMOND. She may not have had her shots fall tonight, but she was doing her thing defensively. I could care less what you think. I have seen her and she is a force. Just ask Shelbyville, Riverdale,.....well ask any team that we have played.

The radio announcers were not impressed with your Foster, and HE IS A FORMER very successful bball coach.

825604648[/snapback]

Let me tell u real fast sir...Almader didnt do anything at all...Foster shut her down!i would take Foster over her any day...The only reason she stood out when it came to playing shelbyville,etc. was b/c they are young and their guards are not the best ball handlers.CCHS was probaly the fastest guards yall have ever seen and if im not mistaken we took it to the hole just about every time.I was impressed w Asberry though,she is tough but the reason yall won that game was b/c of Riddle and the refs!When Riddle came out CCHS made their run and got the lead but when she came back in and got Hood outta the game it was over.Congrats to both teams and better luck next year Jets

I wish everyone, not just on this topic, would quit talking about the refs! The officials come from different regions than the two teams and could care less who wins. They always miss some calls and always will because they are human. Get over it. Players have to learn to adapt to the way the game is beiong called, and no, I'm not a ref.

What is a committs?....learn how to spell o lil one. hahahahaha and don't get so excited that you double post again, you ROOKIE.

And from the great mouth of Hoolie....."STOP YOUR WHINING...... clap clap clap clap clap!!'

And if you are coming to Siegel for the boys game....get ready you will hear the great HOOLIE a lot leading the Siegel Nation in that very cheer.

825605152[/snapback]

:)

Cumberland Co fans talk about playing 5 on 8, but yet it was Cumberland that held the edge in fouls in the 2nd half 9-5 until they had to start fouling. The officiating may have been bad, but it was bad both ways. Blaming the refs for a loss is the display of having no class.

825605465[/snapback]

Yes, there were some HORRIBLE calls on us.