Cumberland Co @ Oakland

Hahaha...Almader is at the top of her game right now. Scored double digits in last several games all with a broken nose......

This will be fun to watch..........love some good D!

825602953[/snapback]

Oakland plays great team defense, although almader tends to stand out. If CCHS scores at least 50 they have a chance, but not many teams have been able to accompish that, especially since the new year

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to post this message to encourage ALL supportersof Oakland Athletics to the game tommorrow night. This is the 1st time the Oakland Lady Pats have EVER hosted a substate game, so it would be a shame for their to be a mediocre showing. Patriot fans, show up and root your Lady Pats to victory, they deserve as much!

just now found out that the tallest player for CCHS is 6'. If that is true, then Cumberland Co has some MAJOR problems. One would think that at sometime during the game, that Cumberland Co is going to try to squeeze it down low by going into a zone since riddle has almost a half foot advantage on everybody. Ill be very interested to see if CCHS sticks with their man to man pressure or at least tries to neutralize riddle to a degree by going to a zone. In my opinion, the zone is the only thing that can beat Oakland, if you them man to man, riddle and asberry will kill you all night long. Zone isnt that good against oakland either with shooters like almader,johnson and davis, but its much better than the man to man. Pick your poision, CCHS.

who takes this one warrior? have u seen both play?

825603154[/snapback]

Yes. I have seen both play. Unless Oakland comes out and absolutely chokes like White Co. did against Shelbyville, Oakland is going to the state tourney. Make you feel better? Keep your eyes on #11 Foster for Cumberland Co. She's good.

Edited by 85warrior

Yes. I have seen both play. Unless Oakland comes out and absolutely chokes like White Co. did against Shelbyville, Oakland is going to the state tourney. Make you feel better? Keep your eyes on #11 Foster for Cumberland Co. She's good.

825603171[/snapback]

yes u did. i like u man and think u know ur stuff. so u just made me feel pretty darn good. u think #11 from cc and #22 from ohs will take it to a new level tonight?

yes u did. i like u man and think u know ur stuff. so u just made me feel pretty darn good. u think #11 from cc and #22 from ohs will take it to a new level tonight?

825603181[/snapback]

It should be a great matchup. Both are really quick. Foster is more offensive minded though. She will take it to the hole pretty often. Of course you have Riddle in the middle so she might change her mind. ;)

just now found out that the tallest player for CCHS is 6'. If that is true, then Cumberland Co has some MAJOR problems. One would think that at sometime during the game, that Cumberland Co is going to try to squeeze it down low by going into a zone since riddle has almost a half foot advantage on everybody. Ill be very interested to see if CCHS sticks with their man to man pressure or at least tries to neutralize riddle to a degree by going to a zone. In my opinion, the zone is the only thing that can beat Oakland, if you them man to man, riddle and asberry will kill you all night long. Zone isnt that good against oakland either with shooters like almader,johnson and davis, but its much better than the man to man. Pick your poision, CCHS.

825603109[/snapback]

CCHS, is going to impress alot of people out there tonight! Or should I say shock! Riddle wont see the ball inside the paint on man to man D! If she does she will have to earn it by seeing if she can make a post move! The lob wont be there for Oakland tonight! Hope they have another plan! Cumberland should be more worried about #30 in the paint more than Riddle! Hood has played against girls that could play circles around Riddle all year! The only thing shes got is intimidation to the other team! Other than that it should be a good game! Im excited-nervous-and most of all ready to go to state! Good luck to everyone in the sub-state tonight!! thumb