Cumberland Co @ Oakland

Loser goes home in this one. Oakland has got the momentum after winning the region championship(1st time in school history) and have only lost once at home all year. I must admit that i dont know much about Cumberland County, except by looking at who they have played and how they have done in those games. Any opinions on how this game will go?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loser goes home in this one. Oakland has got the momentum after winning the region championship(1st time in school history) and have only lost once at home all year. I must admit that i dont know much about Cumberland County, except by looking at who they have played and how they have done in those games. Any opinions on how this game will go?

825601027[/snapback]

The Almader vs. Foster matchup should be REAL GOOD. Both are small guards that are extremely quick. Foster is probably a little more offensive minded than Almader though. Stop Foster and you stop Cumberland County. I think Oakland wins this one especially since it's at Oakland.

We just need to make our easy shots. I swear to you we missed 7+  LAY-UPS.  If we hit the easy layups we win against Cleveland.  It is going to be hard going to Oakland.  We do the best when we are at home and have our Student Section.  I don't know much about Oakland but I think it will be a great game. See ya in Oakland!!

GO JETS!!!

825601709[/snapback]

heres some info on oakland, and hopefully we can trade info so both sides have a better idea of the team they are going up against. As you already know, Oakland is 30-2, regional champs(for the first time) and went 14-0 in their district in the regular season, but lost in the semifinals to cross-town rival riverdale.

Oakland likes to play a breakneck, uptempo game, everytime, all the time. The players that make this uptempo system go are guard Tara Davis(#24) and point guard Tabitha Almader(#22). Both are very quick and can handle the ball well against the press, although davis take more intiative on the offensive end than almader. Almader's true worth is running Oakland's offense and leading Oakland's pressure man to man defense. Almader only averages 7 ppg, but Oakland lost their last game due to the fact that tabitha severely bruised her nose and had to sit out virtually the rest of the game. Oakland's other starting guard is Kierre McCleary(last years starting point guard) like Almader, McCleary's true worth is in her defense and ballhandling, she is averaging taking 2-3 charges a game and like davis, is only a sophmore.

Heres what seperates Oakland from other teams, the play of their big girls down low. First one is Ashley Asberry, she only stands at 6 feet even, but she plays a lot bigger than that. A very athletic post player that will be able to run the floor against any player shes up against. Then there is Sarah Riddle. Sarah has spent the last 2 seasons on the bench due to inury, but has flourished this year. At 6'5, she is both a threat on the offensive and defensive end, she has good range. When she doesnt do well offensively, she more than makes it up for it on the defensive end(ask shelbyville)

As for Oakland's bench, it is the thinnest it has been in many years, but the ones that do come off the bench give major contributions. Hilary Johnson only stands at 5'5(thats what shes listed as) but can be a force on the offensive end as well as the defensive end( has 12 points against MJ, all 3's). Lanae Malone isnt much taller, but she gives us great defense off the bench and will often be used to guard a player if Oakland has had problems guarding that certain player leading up to that point.

While Oakland is not deep and is vulnerable to getting in foul trouble( and they usually do) most of them show good discipline as our starting 5 almost never fouls out. Im hoping for a big crowd and a great game tommorrow night, hope all you folks from crossville have a safe trip down here

Oakland[/url'>Grad' date='Mar 4 2005 - 01:18 PM']heres some info on oakland, and hopefully we can trade info so both sides have a better idea of the team they are going up against. As you already know, Oakland is 30-2, regional champs(for the first time) and went 14-0 in their district in the regular season, but lost in the semifinals to cross-town rival riverdale.

Oakland likes to play a breakneck, uptempo game, everytime, all the time. The players that make this uptempo system go are guard Tara Davis(#24) and  point guard Tabitha Almader(#22). Both are very quick and can handle the ball well against the press, although davis take more intiative on the offensive end than almader. Almader's true worth is running Oakland's offense and leading Oakland's pressure man to man defense. Almader only averages 7 ppg, but Oakland lost their last game due to the fact that tabitha severely bruised her nose and had to sit out virtually the rest of the game. Oakland's other starting guard is Kierre McCleary(last years starting point guard) like Almader, McCleary's true worth is in her defense and ballhandling, she is averaging taking 2-3 charges a game and like davis, is only a sophmore.

Heres what seperates Oakland from other teams, the play of their big girls down low. First one is Ashley Asberry, she only stands at 6 feet even, but she plays a lot bigger than that. A very athletic post player that will be able to run the floor against any player shes up against. Then there is Sarah Riddle. Sarah has spent the last 2 seasons on the bench due to inury, but has flourished this year. At 6'5, she is both a threat on the offensive and defensive end, she has good range. When she doesnt do well offensively, she more than makes it up for it on the defensive end(ask shelbyville)

As for Oakland's bench, it is the thinnest it has been in many years, but the ones that do come off the bench give major contributions. Hilary Johnson only stands at 5'5(thats what shes listed as) but can be a force on the offensive end as well as the defensive end( has 12 points against MJ, all 3's). Lanae Malone isnt much taller, but she gives us great defense off the bench and will often be used to guard a player if Oakland has had problems guarding that certain player leading up to that point.

While Oakland is not deep and is vulnerable to getting in foul trouble( and they usually do) most of them show good discipline as our starting 5 almost never fouls out. Im hoping for a big crowd and a great game tommorrow night, hope all you folks from crossville have a safe trip down here

Ooooo :wacko: ...this match-up sounds like a mirror match (except i dont see Hood growin to 6'5 by tomorrow LOL)...they lady jets like to get out and push the ball hard with Foster...they have good post presence with Hood and Elmore...and have oustanding 3 point shooters in Beaty, Martin, and Smith! What the lady jets have to do is convert easy baskets and play their tight in-your-face D that we have seen for most of the season!! This game sounds like a good one waiting to happen!!

GO LADY JETS!!! Bring it home!!! thumb

Oakland[/url]Grad' date='Mar 4 2005 - 10:04 PM']any chance Cumberland Co will bring a big crowd? Having a big crowd for a game of this magnitude only makes the atmosphere better

825602718[/snapback]

It's possible! But i couldnt tell you for sure! I heard the baseball team had a scrimmage at 5:30...so i doubt they will be there...and they are pretty much the heart of the student section as i can tell...but i would say they will bring a good crowd! They love their basketball up here! thumb