Elizabethton vs Oliver Springs

coaches_corner

Who has the advantage in this one?

OS won last year, so the lady cyclones have the added incentive there, but of course OS knows they can come up here and win. EHS comes in on a roll while OS has to be kind of down after last nights loss to AE. But OS has been ranked number one in AA in the state for awhile, so I expect the loss will only motivate them more. They did have close calls in the regional semis, coming from 9 down in the second half and district finals, coming from 8 down in the last minute and a half, so they know how to come from behind and win a close game. EHS has a veteran club and playing at home will be an advantage. I rate it a toss-up and may the best team win!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OS has struggled ever since the flu outbreak, but they'll have fire in their eyes Saturday night as will Elizabethton. Elizabethton played with a lot of heart last year as the underdog. I think OS is the underdog this year, but they've played with a chip on their shoulder all season and they seem to really come togther when people doubt them.

I expect a great, low-scoring game.

For OS to win, they have to hit the boards because what I remember of Elizabethton is that they are a good team that hustles for rebounds and loose balls. Against A-E last night, I had OS getting outrebounded 20-9 in the first half then outrebounding A-E by 6 or 7 in the second half. I really think whoever gets the most garbage putbacks will win.

The most important thing if Oliver Springs wants to win this game is a question of if they can match the physical play in the paint and keep Elizabethton off their backs and not get tied up. OS needs to go into the game knowing that Redd (45), their point guard, will play very physical on the outside as well. She will throw elbows during dead balls and will leap on anyone to get a loose ball and most of the time will not be called for a foul. OS: Do not let the officals get the best you. They will not call a good ball game and the fans will feel they are very one sided. Oliver Springs must keep their heads straight and not show any negative emotion. Crapps (21) can shoot lights out from beyond the arc if she is set. Hopson (25) was not very impressive. Just mainly a role player. Help off of her. Make her beat you. Rikki can go left and right but can not go nearly as hard to her left. She picks up a bunch of garbage just by being in the right place at the right time (and she does this well). The big girl inside gets upset very easily if she is called for a foul or is fouled hard herself. Be physical with her BEFORE she gets the ball because once she gets the ball they will call a foul if she puts it up.Good luck to both teams. May the best team win.

The most important thing if Oliver Springs wants to win this game is a question of if they can match the physical play in the paint and keep Elizabethton off their backs and not get tied up. OS needs to go into the game knowing that Redd (45), their point guard, will play very physical on the outside as well. She will throw elbows during dead balls and will leap on anyone to get a loose ball and most of the time will not be called for a foul. OS: Do not let the officals get the best you. They will not call a good ball game and the fans will feel they are very one sided. Oliver Springs must keep their heads straight and not show any negative emotion. Crapps (21) can shoot lights out from beyond the arc if she is set. Hopson (25) was not very impressive. Just mainly a role player. Help off of her. Make her beat you. Rikki can go left and right but can not go nearly as hard to her left. She picks up a bunch of garbage just by being in the right place at the right time (and she does this well). The big girl inside gets upset very easily if she is called for a foul or is fouled hard herself. Be physical with her BEFORE she gets the ball because once she gets the ball they will call a foul if she puts it up.Good luck to both teams. May the best team win.

825602191[/snapback]

You can scout all you want, but you still have to stop one of the most talented fives around. Easier said than done. None of the Cyclones are dirty players, just good ones, and I'm sure Hopson will take offense at your assessment. This team has not forgotten being beaten by Hall and company last year. Should be a good one. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!

Edited by coachh17

If I had seen OS play this year I would do the same. I haven't seen them in action this year. All I know is they have two very good transfers from Oak Ridge who are huge additions to their team with Hall being gone and all. I didn't say that Redd was a dirty player, just that she is physical. Actually I never said any of the players were dirty, just physical...HUGE difference.

825602191[/snapback]

I see nothing wrong with that quote. They simply stated that Redd threw some elbows during dead balls (which I saw), but never said anything was done maliciously. That's just being a tough, physical player. And Redd is exactly that. i don't think Diamond meant it in a bad way.... Am I right?