UC vs Austin East

lilflipper81

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i need predictions i belive in our boys this year we are as good as any other team out ther and i want honest oppions on what people thimk the outcome will be monday at the UC austin East game. please respond.

825603069[/snapback]

Austin East is a place like they've never played before. They can't be intimated by the fans alway yelling. WHO DAT, WHO DAT, WHO DAT. when they are announced

The first thing they need to do is play their game. They play their type of ball and they will be alright. If they go down there scared they will get beat bad. Unicoi County plays like they are capable.

Unicoi County by 10

Got to agree with Shack, it was a nice year and a great record for you guys this season. Now you have to step out of the little bubble known as Upper NE TN and weak scheduling....Tournament play is a different story and it helps when a team plays a schedule that prepares them for later down the road. Let's look at the schedules:

Unicoi County(27-5)

AAA--Sullivan East

AA--West Greene, Chucky Doak

A--Cloudland, University, N. Greene

Hmmm....not very tough...you lost to a sub .500 AAA team, W. Greene is the worst AA team in state...Chucky Doak is a .500 team. 7 wins against single A schools and not even Unaka....Who here is a quality team......1AA was a competitive district with Sulliavn Central and Happy Valley, but 3AA with Fulton, Alcoa, Seymour,and Carter all being solid is much tougher.....

Austin East(26-10)

AAA--West, Cleveland, Bradley Central, Greeneville, Brainerd, Bearden, Sevier Co

AA--Elizabethton, Loudon, Kingston, Anderson County, Howard, Union City

A--Tyner Academy

Out of State--Clear Lake, Poplar Bluff

Hmmm...could make an arguement for the toughest schedule in the state...Let's see Cleveland won region 3AAA and is still playing, Bradley Central was top 3 in state most of the year, Greeneville is still playing and #1 in 2AAA, Brainerd was # 1 in 6AAA, Bearden won 3AAA tourney, Sevier and West were not very good. Anderson County and Kingston were # 1 & 2 in 4AA, Howard was # 1 in 6AA, and Union City was # 1 in the state for most of the year in AA before being upset. Loudon and Elizabethton were not very good. Tyner was a competitive single A team. Poplar Bluff out of Missouri was USA Today top 25 most of the season......

You would think that AE would be a little more prepared for this one based on their schedule. The fact that half their team also competes for the state championship in football every year along with Fulton doesn't hurt either. AE hoops is also a perennial team seen in Murfreesboro every year. I would love to see Unicoi beat the odds and take down the Roadrunners because their the better team. Most folks would tell you this is one of the weaker AE teams in the last 15 years, so they are ripe for the taking........I will definitely be there watching and hoping some people can say "I told you so".....Great job on both teams getting this far.

The loss to Sullivan East was at the very beginning of the season and as far as a weak schedule goes, we've blown pretty much every opponent out except Valley and Central. I'm not gonna say we've got this one in the bag, we're travelling to a very tough opponent but this is the farthest our team has went in a long time, momentum is on our side to get the job done! GO DEVILS!

Unicoi County better have good guard play if they are going to beat AE. AE will press the whole game if they don't have good guard play. AE is the quickest team I have seen this year.

How big is Weaver?

If a team can break their press and has a big man AE can most definately get beat. AE doesn't have much size. Breaking their press is the key.

I truly believe UC's chances of winning are slim and none. They haven't played a team even remotely close to being as athletic as AE. Albert Harris is going to just absolutely fly right by UC's defense. AE's defense is way too good for UC. They'll press UC all the way back to Erwin, AE by 20+.