Rockwood at Unaka

JJ4OHS

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockwood is a good team with a great coach. It seemed after last year, I think they lost 2 or 3 starters, maybe 4, that the Tigers would have a bad year, but it looks pretty good so far. They play a lot of guys, and that might have an effect in this game. They don't have a lot of 3 point shooters, but they all shoot well from midrange on in. The tigers are hard to go against, especially since I haven't seen Unaka. Rockwood by 5.

Rockwood's played their fare shair of games over the years at Oliver Springs and the environments are similar. I don't think the atmosphere will hurt Rockwood that bad because this is their third straight sub-state game. One at home and one on the road before this year. The Tigers also play a lot of close games and Coach K will keep them calm. I'm not saying Rockwood will win or lose, but they can handle the crowd.

Heck, their 10-player rotation is made entirely of juniors and seniors. Seven of the 10 played football on an 11-2 team this season and a lot of them have been to the state baseball tournament two of the past three years. I know it's basketball, but I'm just pointing out that Rockwood can handle pressure. Whether they win or not is a different story.

It should be a great game between two teams that are well-coached and battle-tested.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Best-of-three sectional series vs East Robertson at home starting Wednesday.  They put us out last year at this point.  Go Pirates!!
    • I don't believe they have anyone that is surbers caliber but a decent staff overall.
    • Richland plays at McKenzie on Wed.  Should be a good series.  Does Richland have good pitching?  
    • Congratulations to the Warrior baseball team winning the Region Championship.  Last night the football team beat Franklin Co 33-0 in their spring scrimmage. Warriors looked very good. Missing a few players who were playing baseball but still absolutely dominated. A lot of young ones got in halfway through the 3rd when the score reached 33-0. QB Tilton Pickett looked very sharp.  Sam Pickett is on another level this season. Seems to have put on 15 to 20 lbs in the off season and added a step as well. Transfer from last year Williamson caught numerous balls and is very elusive. Lots of athletes on this team. Defense was smothering and will only get better. The head coach from Sewanee was in attendance and offered 2 kids after the game. Could be a special year.