Underestimating Dyersburg

bratygurll2001

$$$$$$$$ is the biggest reason... they will triple the visitor gate receipts in football and basketball

in 13AA basketball, you have teams like obion cnty, martin westview, gibson cnty, dyer cnty, milan and they normally pack the house...

in 13AA football, it will be dyersburg, dyer cnty, ripley, covington, obion cnty, haywood and crockett cnty....

13AA will be tougher in football and girls basketball top to bottom....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyons is good but not the best we've seen this year.

825614797[/snapback]

Smuff,

I'll always be for good old West Tennessee...but you're making us look bad with all this political stuff. Good grief. Be "a politically correct Republican". Who cares? Besides the fact that we're not all republicans, THIS is a sports site!

Go get yourself a blog. No offense, but this is about sports.

Smuff,

I'll always be for good old West Tennessee...but you're making us look bad with all this political stuff. Good grief. Be "a politically correct Republican". Who cares? Besides the fact that we're not all republicans, THIS is a sports site!

Go get yourself a blog. No offense, but this is about sports.

825617999[/snapback]

From what I have heard about Megan Lyons is lots of people are asking if she is the best we have ever seen and he said she's good but not the best, which that is just saying no politics about it, I will say out of all the teams Dyersburg has faced the best players are including Megan Lyons, Allysha Clark, and Sha Brooks. If your asking the best then no I wouldn't say Lyons either like Smuff it would definitely be Allysha Clark

ok who else is there going to be???

brian brown has become a pinnacle coach in AAA over the past 5 seasons i don't see anything changing buddy

825626636[/snapback]

Brown is a good coach with two district and one region titles under his belt in the last five years. Not Tippet-like, but still pretty good. Probably would have more it wasn't for the Delk twins. I ain't saying that Dyersburg won't go to state, but the chances are slim. They will be the favorite to win their district since Union City moved down, but with Haywood, Fayette-Ware, and Covington in their region its going to be tough. Then they have to go to Memphis. Enough said. I wish the best of luck to them and I hope they do make a state championship run, but just because they have been competing and playing well with AAA teams doesn't mean they will dominate teams in AA.

Again as this should apply to Girls Basketball and not Boys(sorry guys ,but there is a boys board) the Lady Trojans will be very competitive in 13AA next season. Dyersburg lost six outstanding seniors but return an outstanding guard in Strayhorn and a good post in Holloway. Coffman's club will definately be in the mix

with the likes of Obion Co., Westview, Gibson Co. and Crockett Co. who have the bulk of their teams back.. Let's not forget the Lady Choctaws along with another newcomer to the district in Milan who from all accounts have an outstanding girls program coming up thumb

Again, every game in 13AA will be like a tournament type of game in the 2005-06 season :o Future looks bright.. Look for two teams from 13AA to be back in the BORO next year..