Class A State Tournement

Just some inquiries before I make my predictions.  Is Alvey of USJ a guard or a post?  Is Summertown's D pressure based in half court or full, and how good is their depth?  Is Trenton Peabody's Bobbitt ever going to graduate?(lol)  Can one of the East Teams advance past the first round, and if so, which one has the best chance?  Is Lamar thinking basketball right now or has the problem involving his daughter got him side tracked?

thumb Kaz thumb

825607203[/snapback]

1.) Alvey -pt guard

2.) 1/2 court, usually

3.) Bobbitt is required to complete grades 9-12 in the same 4 year span as the rest

of her class, she is expected to graduate on schedule in May 2005.

4.) Not sure it is a tough bracket & yes the daughter is a definate distraction.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't they think their opening game with CPA first before moving to the second game?  That's how teams get upset.

825605268[/snapback]

I assure you the teams are thinking one game at a time. It's the fans jumping ahead and they have no deciding factor on the games outcome.

1.) Alvey -pt guard

2.) 1/2 court, usually

3.) Bobbitt is required to complete grades 9-12 in the same 4 year span as the rest

of her class, she is expected to graduate on schedule in May 2005.

4.) Not sure it is a tough bracket & yes the daughter is a definate distraction.

825607376[/snapback]

Actually, quippy, USJ's Alvey is a 6'1 center...

If they are going to win it then they need to get it this year, YOU KNOW WHO is coming to Class A next year! thumb

825607417[/snapback]

Not everyone in 1A is all that worried about Jackson County dropping down. Yes they have "skyscraper" as I like to call her, but she has been shut down before in middle school and in AAU (even though no one was even close to being as tall as her). JC will get their fairshare of opposition from within their own district. While there is no denying that they will, or should, be the favorite over the next 5 years, you're not going to see any 1A teams roll over for them. In fact, the better of the 1A teams are welcoming the challenge of having to deal with them year in and year out.

USJ VS ONEIDA: I don't percieve Alvey to be an end all for the Lady Indians since they are very athletic on the perimeter. While the return of Alvey might benefit USJ's depth, it won't place an added burden on Oneida's D. In what will be a very tight game, give the nod to Oneida, who is actually a year away from truely contending for the title. Oneida by 5.

SUMMERTOWN VS CLARKRANGE: Summertown has two factors that should help them, depth and defense. If they can equally blanket shooters on the inside and out, they could spring the first round upset. Clarkrange loves the three and they have an effective inside presence in Howard. If Summertown gets to the Lady Buffs bench it will be interesting. I say they won't: Buffs by 7

WESTMORELAND VS CPA: If focused, Westmoreland should be able to advance because they have played a tougher schedule than CPA. It is widely thought that CPA has advanced to this point by winning through a slightly weaker division than the other teams here. Westmoreland by 11.

PEABODY VS COALFIELD: Well, I do think Coalfield has an excellent, athletic guard oriented team and they move around like hot potatoes(Jackson)! So they will be tough to defend, but will they be able to defend a player of Bobbitt's abilities inside. Coalfield will give Peabody all they can handle, and if they spring the upset keep an eye on them the rest of the week. However, the pick is Peabody by 3 or 4.

thumb Kaz thumb

Peobody didnt bring home the gold ball....CLARKRANGE did!!!!!  and we hope they do again this year!!!!!!!!! GO LADY BUFFALOES!!!!!!

825607605[/snapback]

Peabody won in 2003...so, if they are so fortunate to win it then it would be "another gold ball."

Yes, the Lady Buffs won last year and should be a threat to win again this week. Those guards - Cravens and Ramsey - are incredible players.

Should be a great tournament this week...good luck to all!

I think Westmoreland has a very good shot in going to the Championship its going to come by if they can beat Peabody. I hope the girls in the Red and White pull it out. Good Luck Eagles @ the BORO Ill be there cheering u girls on.

825605221[/snapback]

well they do have a great team...but i think c-range will be in the finals...they will also have their boy ball team cheering them on with shrits off and smiles on their faces...lol... :(:(