BEST BUSH LEAGUE COMMENT YOU'VE HEARD

ccriders25

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At a high School game the other day a kids hits a long foul ball down the left field line that bounces over the fence. after the kid gets back to the plate a kid in the dugout yells out of the dugout at the umpire " that was a ground-rule double foul ball! Dont he get any credit for that" thought that was pretty funny.

another one a bald headed ump at the plate and runner gets throwed out by 10 feet, kid in the dugout yells whats wrong ump did the hair get in your eye's.

All from the same coach:

On a road trip: "You don't need maps; if you get lost, just follow me."

To a future all-stater: "You don't have what it takes to be a good high-school player."

About his shortstop: "He's too slow to play anywhere else, so he's gotta play shortstop."

About his hitting philosophy: "Hit ground balls and they won't get us out--choke and poke." About his pitching philosophy: "Make them hit ground balls and we'll get them out--make them choke and poke."

About motivation: "If we lose it's all your fault and I'll put your gear in the parking lot."

About job security: "My Dad is big in local politics."

About winning and losing: "We won 28 games agains weenies so our 0-16 conference record doesn't represent what a good job I did."

You sure those quotes aren't by Delmonico over at UT LC? :)

Edited by Solomon

• 2 weeks later...
While doing PFP's in practice yell 5-5-5-5-5-5-5!!!! to a freshman on the mound and watch how many circles he turns.

Outfielders laying down during a pitching change.

Coaches catching for the catcher during a pitching change.

I once saw a college third baseman boot a ground ball and pick it up only to throw it over the first baseman's head. A player in the dugout yelled, "nice pair of boots!"

s

In a game that included a lot of defensive miscues, a shortstop made a really great diving play; and somebody yelled, "da-da-da; da-da-da." Someone else in the stands said, "It's about time we saw a web-gem, since we've seen so many web-turds."

I was at a Babe Ruth game a couple of years ago and i heard a coach tell one of his players on the bench to get ready to run for the batter. The next thing you know i looked up and the kid was getting in the batters box behind the hitter. He was ready to run! All that batter was going to have to do is hit the ball and walk to the dugout haha. No joke.