Austin East vs David Lipscomb

Geezer

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can I say Nashville representin? :rolleyes:

825620984[/snapback]

...Apparently not with grammatical soundness. Moving on, I've got to give big congratulations to the Stangs and Coach Pickens! I can't wait to get the GoBama stats. I wonder how the Mayes kid did tonight. Great performance all around. Good luck in the rounds to come, DL!

Congratulations Lipscomb! AE's loss is just another example of how bad east-Tennesse basketball is. East Tennessee AAU teams never advance in the state tourney in any age group and the high school level of play indicates the same when you get to the big dance. Looks like another Midddle and West dominated State Tourney.

Lipscomb won tonight despite a sub-par performance. The defense wasn't very aggressive, and too many turnovers. Game would not have been close if they had played like their last 4 games. Mayes had a good night ..hit all of his free throws. They will really have to step it up to have a chance against RE. Good Luck Stangs!

David Lipscomb 55 Austin-East 52

OOOOO NO!

The Mustangs didn't play all that great the 1st half, and only went into the lockerroom down 3 or so. They came out the 2nd half and did a lot better. Geezer was right, the Mustangs didn't play as good as they have been playing the past 4 games. Austin-East's full court press/trap gave them some problems. Plus, Austin-East enjoyed coming up behind DL's guards and "wolfing" them. Their quickness gave DL problems most of the night. DL had roughly 21 turnovers. However, their defense was good and that kept them in the ball game. Austin-East got most of their points off driving to the basket and pulling up for jumpers it seemed like. Once DL was able to pressure them a little more, force rushed shots, and get a hand in their face, they shots stopped falling in the 2nd half. Despite the turnovers, DL played great. Wes Mayes had an excellent game for the Mustangs.

Stats for David Lipscomb:

Wes Mayes - 17 points, 9 rebounds

Jason Brock - 8 points

Zach Pharr - 8 points

David Solomon - 8 points (4 FTs in 4th quarter .. huge)

Josh Slater - 8 points

Andrew James - 5 points

Rob Mallernee - 1 point

Mallernee made probably one of the best and most crucial plays all night that won't show up in the box score. With less than 30 seconds to go, AE drove to the basket out of desperation to score/get a foul. Mallernee stepped up, took it in the chest and got the charge call. This gave the Mustangs the ball, and AE had to foul, giving DL two more points.

The Mustangs play a tough, TOUGH Raleigh-Egypt team Friday ...

GO MUSTANGS

personally i don't think Union City is all that great as very 1 says..when they came to Unicoi it didnt really seem like it was much of a game..i dunno mayb they just werent havin a good night.

AE is a good team..they are very athletic and fast. uc played their hearts out last monday against them, and at times it was close, but at the end it just got outta hand. Congrats to the Rrunners!

Good Luck to all the teams goin to bOro!  :blink:

825620796[/snapback]

You have to be talkin about AE....Union City has never played Unicoi Co in anything other than baseball...And that was years ago....