Smith county girls

lynard

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Smith County is political like that.  Maybe.  But I know it isn't that way in some sports.  I am not sure why he was not hired back.  Surely it was for good reason.  Regardless, like I said before, I like the man alot and I wish him the best wherever he lands.

825615575[/snapback]

Remember this is the place that kept that "character" Dirt Ash on for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one of those was his....the other belonged to the gentleman now coaching in the state of KY.......even old Dirt would tell you that. ;)

825620485[/snapback]

Make no mistake...Ash was the reason both of those teams reached the state tournament. This is high school. You don't inherit other coaches players.

Make no mistake...Ash was the reason both of those teams reached the state tournament.  This is high school. You don't inherit other coaches players.

825620572[/snapback]

he did in this case......the whole team.....and they played JUST EXACTLY the way they had been taught......the best thing Dirt did in 89 was to keep his mouth shut and let em play......now the 91 team was all his.

Edited by modincus

Coach Thompson

I played on the 89 team. The year before when you coached us we were 5-21. We did not play the same style for Coach Ash as we did for you. We had fun with you as coach but you were not Coach Ash. I have heard Ash say the players during his run were the reason they had success. I hear you blowing your own horn. I think we had a good team and coach in 89. But all that is History ! It was not your coaching that got us there in 89. Lets be real. If you wish to talk to this old player e-mail me. owl#34@yahoo.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he did in this case......the  whole team.....and they played JUST EXACTLY the way they had been taught......the best thing Dirt did in 89 was to keep his mouth shut and let em play......now the 91 team was all his.

825620577[/snapback]

That really is hilarious. Did you play on that team? Evidently....not.

Coach Thompson

I played on the 89 team. The year before when you coached us we were 5-21. We did not play the same style for Coach Ash as we did for you. We had fun with you as coach but you were not Coach Ash. I have heard Ash say the players during his run were the reason they had success. I hear you blowing your own horn. I think we had a good team and coach in 89. But all that is History ! It was not your coaching that got us there in 89. Lets be real. If you wish to talk to this old player e-mail me.    owl#34@yahoo.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825620688[/snapback]

owl #34 you might be a little off base. lol!!!!!!!!!!!!! besides i don't think coach t has to blow his horn about anything....does he?

Edited by modincus