Wayne Co Beats Pickett Co.

vic

Wayne Co pulled off what most people felt wasn't going to happen. It seems like the only teams given a chance were Temple, Pickett Co and Peabody. Well 2 of those are gone now. I figure most will pick Peabody and Middleton now. It will be interesting to see what discussions will appear now. It should be an interesting semi's. Good luck to Wayne Co and all others. Play hard and clean and may the best team win.....

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to WC from a CPA fan that was very impressed with their performance, spirit and talent in the CPA win. As I have said many times on these boards, when you get to the final 16, any team can win as evidenced today by Temple's loss and WC's win.

It's all about who comes to play and executes their game the best.

Good luck to Ezell and WC in the Final Four.

i personally was not impressed with picket co at all. wayne co played terrible and still won. we wont be able to play like that friday and win but luckily pc was much inferior to wc tonight. even though we played so bad tonight, you could still tell that we were the much better of the 2 teams. so whoever said that pc was so great needs to come watch some region 6 ball. pc would have never made it to substate. it's good to get the first game jitters out of the way so that we can play some ball now. good luck friday cats.

i personally was not impressed with picket co at all.  wayne co played terrible and still won.  we wont be able to play like that friday and win but luckily pc was much inferior to wc tonight.  even though we played so bad tonight, you could still tell that we were the much better of the 2 teams. so whoever said that pc was so great needs to come watch some region 6 ball.  pc would have never made it to substate.  it's good to get the first game jitters out of the way so that we can play some ball now. good luck friday cats.

825621126[/snapback]

Pride, most of Wayne Co. shots went down. Did you notice their FG % on the score board-it was pretty good, and they almost got beat. Pickett couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat tonight. If Pickett had played an even average game compared to their usual they would have blown Wayne out of the gym. Two guys sitting behind me couldn't believe the calling that was going Wayne's way. And no they were not fans of Pickett actually coaches from Pigeon Forge. But give credit where credit is due Wayne Co won so good luck the rest of the way. But don't sugar coat it, Wayne's %'s were good and they still didn't look impressive. And for your info I don't live in Pickett or have close ties, just around the same district.......

i personally was not impressed with picket co at all.  wayne co played terrible and still won.  we wont be able to play like that friday and win but luckily pc was much inferior to wc tonight.  even though we played so bad tonight, you could still tell that we were the much better of the 2 teams. so whoever said that pc was so great needs to come watch some region 6 ball.  pc would have never made it to substate.  it's good to get the first game jitters out of the way so that we can play some ball now. good luck friday cats.

825621126[/snapback]

See why you got to say that stuff, take your win and move on! I am not from no where near PC but I do know if they would have brought their "A" game, you would be home defending a lose right now!

isnt that the way it always goes it never fails to amaze me , a team loses to a team everyone thinks they should beat and here comes the " if we had only played as well as we usually do" "if we had brought our a game" we would have won , the main reason pc didnt shoot a better % was wayne countys defense which i thought the played extremly well, they are only giving up an avg of 46 pts a game this year, neiter team played well i know that wayne county had to play almost the whole game with out doyle who was in foul trouble and in limited minutes he got 10 pts and 12 boards and i belive 3 blks had he not been in foul trouble(all good calls by the way) he would prob had a monster game pickett county didnt seem to be able to stop him when he was in the game

See why you got to say that stuff, take your win and move on! I am not from no where near PC but I do know if they would have brought their "A" game, you would be home defending a lose right now!

825621361[/snapback]

Why are you calling out high school kids gotmilk? How do you know who would have won? Wayne Co. was the better team, why do you have to attack the kids on Wayne Co.'s team? You're an adult act like it. You get on all these threads and whine about this and that about how RBS doesn't do this or that and now you try to take a victory away from the fine young athletes of Wayne Co. who earned the right to move on by saying if if if if if if if PC would have but they didn't. Why don't you grow up and quit attacking the youth on these boards its getting old! thumb