Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

TNFC

• Please log in to reply
    10 replies to this topic

#1 sccr11

sccr11

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 82 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:14 AM

Can anybody give details of what is happening at tnfc other than the firing and resignation of several coaches and DOC's? I know there was a disagreement b/t the board and the DOC, but are they going to be able to continue as a club?

#2 HSDAD

HSDAD

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,184 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:59 AM

Can anybody give details of what is happening at tnfc other than the firing and resignation of several coaches and DOC's? I know there was a disagreement b/t the board and the DOC, but are they going to be able to continue as a club?

Going, going,........

#3 rhcp

rhcp

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 30 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:53 AM

TNFC 92 blue, 93 blue, 95 blue and 97 blue from last year have all gone to Brentwood.

#4 MFC9

MFC9

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 35 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:38 PM

That would prevent the 92 team that were state finalists last year from participating in Premier League correct? TNFC could enter a team, but the new "Brentwood guys" would be the real players who earned the spot.

#5 mjuhb

mjuhb

Most Valuable Player

• CoachT+
    • 5,889 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:34 PM

someone on the board was diping there hand into cookie jar

jorywea.com

@jorywea

#6 ETSU_BucSoccerFan

ETSU_BucSoccerFan

Competitor

• Members
    • 343 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:05 PM

[quote name='mjuhb' date='Aug 6 2008 - 09:34 PM' post='826813079']
    someone on the board was diping there hand into cookie jar
    [/quote}
    It was the past president from a year ago. All this stuff with all the coaches are leaving is because of the new board. A lot of the Coaches went to Brentwood Soccer Club.
    There are Two Pains in Life
    The Pain of Discipline or The Pain of Regret
    You Choose!

#7 soccerfan222

soccerfan222

Camper

• Members
    • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:41 PM

TNFC is doing great. In fact, better than ever. The club had to take a different direction due to the inept leadership of the past that left the club in trouble in several categories. The NEW board has cleaned up all of the previous leaderships mess and the club is headed in a great direction. Stable in every single category. Yes, a few good boys teams left. Thats to bad. No one is crying over spilled milk and TNFC is moving forward. The merger with Impact has proved out to be positive beyond what anyone could have imagined. Impact has been great for us and we have been great for them. We are now one united family.

We have new strong effective leadership at the DOC level, a great board committed to excellence, new talented young coaches, new teams, great fields, complete stability in every category, and a feeling of club and family that never existed before under the old leadership. We now are on the road to being a true club. Its exciting for the first time in years.

I expect nothing but good things from TNFC in the future.

#8 futbol20

futbol20

Trainer

• Members
    • 142 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:54 PM

TNFC is doing great. In fact, better than ever. The club had to take a different direction due to the inept leadership of the past that left the club in trouble in several categories. The NEW board has cleaned up all of the previous leaderships mess and the club is headed in a great direction. Stable in every single category. Yes, a few good boys teams left. Thats to bad. No one is crying over spilled milk and TNFC is moving forward. The merger with Impact has proved out to be positive beyond what anyone could have imagined. Impact has been great for us and we have been great for them. We are now one united family.

We have new strong effective leadership at the DOC level, a great board committed to excellence, new talented young coaches, new teams, great fields, complete stability in every category, and a feeling of club and family that never existed before under the old leadership. We now are on the road to being a true club. Its exciting for the first time in years.

I expect nothing but good things from TNFC in the future.

This is complete BULL. This must be a girls' dad. TNFC was a premeir club in middle TN until 1/2 year to a year and a half ago. This is when all of the true "character" was shown from the board. President fired a certain coach because of "personal" issues. This led to the resignation of many coaches, and many more will resign after this year. I know of more than 3 coaches that only coached this year at TNFC because of their committment, which i have respect for, because im right with them; i know how it feels...HARD.. the board is consisted of all girls' parents... enough said...jealous of boys being "better" than them. It's really a shame of what has happened there. For advice, DONT GO THERE.

#9 nashvillebound

nashvillebound

Camper

• Members
    • 7 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:45 PM

futbol20

you are spot on. BWSC picked up 4 TNFC coaches including the MBA coach.

I have also heard that there is a struggle integrating IMPACT's 'win at any cost' teams into the DOC's new 'Academy' philosophy.

Personally, I am torn because I hate to see any club struggle. However, I do think consolidation would be good for middle Tennessee clubs and players in State and Regional competition. East TN and West TN seem to be ahead of us is this regard.

#10 brazil

brazil

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 16 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:22 AM

futbol20

you are spot on. BWSC picked up 4 TNFC coaches including the MBA coach.

I have also heard that there is a struggle integrating IMPACT's 'win at any cost' teams into the DOC's new 'Academy' philosophy.

Personally, I am torn because I hate to see any club struggle. However, I do think consolidation would be good for middle Tennessee clubs and players in State and Regional competition. East TN and West TN seem to be ahead of us is this regard.

Im a TNFC parent and TNFC isnt struggling at all now. The merger with Impact brought in a flux of new talented coaches, hard working volunteers, and talented players. I have been very impressed with waht i am seeing from the the new TNFC. Everything about the new TNFC is better today in every category. The people that left, good riddance. They caused the problems in the first place. Why no one understands that is beyond me. Now that they are gone, real management, and the opportunity for a great soccer club now exists. Everything else is propaganda from other clubs trying to tear TNFC down. TNFC is doing great now that the old regime is gone. TNFC is now a great place to be. That simple.

Spirit Style Chooser: