Open zones, Privates, and Public Schools

Govolsknox

And if this "problem" were solved via scholarship?

Now TT, you are getting in to an analyzation that we could spend the rest of the year on when looking at the total picture, the players ego, the parents ego and the many reasons plus and minus for even entering in to the sport to start with. It includes, family time, family enjoyment, alternative choices, financial alternatives and you can go on and on and on. Even scholorship alternatives have upsides and downsides as well as potential injuries, being able to play close to home, future employment, girl friends, boy friends, and I think you would know the story, many can write books becasue it effects so much of ones life. So it gets a few more chapters on the book than what you have mentioned again with DEFINITE pluses and minuses and the real question is according to what you know now as opposed to what you knew when you started, would you do it again? You think a large majority would say yes and I would agree. But there are still a lot of tradeoffs most occuring out of High School. Its a great time for a family to to thru.

I am not naive (spellcheck), but you are if you think private schools do not have to do all they can do to attract students, whether they are athletes or not. Otherwise, why would any parent spend thousands of dollars to buy the private school product versus free public education? Have you ever seen a public school running newspaper or magazine ads or holding open house tours to sell their product? Private schools have to attract (recruit) parents and students (sell their product) or they go out of business. They have to have attractive academics, fine arts, programs, athletics, values, etc. that justify the tuition fees or they do not attract any customers (parents). What would you have them to do? Have an average programs, sit back, and just hope parents and kids are stupid enough to pay extra for that? CPA has an attractive basketball program and a good coach. People know it and it attracts good players.

Oh CPA does recruit everybody knows that Vic Wharton didn't "apply" for a job at CPA or was even looking they called him wanting him to come work there. Great under the table recruiting move to get his kid huh? If you live in another city and you blindly get a call about a job that your not even searching for looks like Drew and CPA co. know how to recruit if you ask me.