Open zones, Privates, and Public Schools

Govolsknox

I wasn't aware I had been made a moderator, I certainly did not volunteer for the job and I don't get any reports. And no I don't agree...just playing the Devil's advocate...I could honestly care less whether TSSAA deals with ooz or not. Greeneville will follow the rules whatever they are and the talent will still come...It's a great little town, conveniently located with a rapidly recovering economy, great schools and beautiful scenery...did I mention I have a big ol' house for sale?

And a Sugar Daddy.:roflol:

logo-landair-transport-1.gif

I wasn't aware I had been made a moderator, I certainly did not volunteer for the job and I don't get any reports. And no I don't agree...just playing the Devil's advocate... i could honestly care less whether TSSAA deals with ooz or not. Greeneville will follow the rules whatever they are and the talent will still come...It's a great little town, conveniently located with a rapidly recovering economy, great schools and beautiful scenery...did I mention I have a big ol' house for sale?

that, folks, is a wiggle worthy of a reptile. roflolk.gif

that, folks, is a wiggle worthy of a reptile. roflolk.gif

I have been accused of being cold-blooded...

but this whole topic is moot unless or until TSSAA decides what action is appropriate to take (which is unlikely).You have yet to offer a solution...just complaint. And if TSSAA comes up with some magic "equalizer" and these programs continue to be successful, it still won't silence the critics. Open-enrollment, private,or zoned with a brick wall around it , if a program is high quality, the athletes will come.

I have been accused of being cold-blooded...

but this whole topic is moot unless or until TSSAA decides what action is appropriate to take (which is unlikely).You have yet to offer a solution...just complaint. And if TSSAA comes up with some magic "equalizer" and these programs continue to be successful, it still won't silence the critics. Open-enrollment, private,or zoned with a brick wall around it , if a program is high quality, the athletes will come.

you're a dense one aren't you? rolleyes.gif

i never said i was going to offer a solution, all i ever did was point out that it's an un fair advantage that others don't have. no matter what trite drivel you post in reply, you know what i'm saying is the truth. you're just too bull headed to admit it. well, actually your subconsciously did, but then crawfished when you got called on it, that seems to be your main defense mechanism. roflol.gif

Edited by snoball5278

I live in a county close to Maryville city schools. I send my kids there[Maryville] for the athletics. I pay tuition and follow the rules. Is it fair? No. I hear the excuses like it's about the academics, or there has to be room for ooz students, bull. If your kid can play there will be room made no matter the school or system. The tssaa knows whats going on and they don't care as long as their making money. My suggestion would be no ooz kid can play sports. They want to pay to go to a school fine, but no play for pay. If you want to play then move there. Yes this would be cutting my own throat, but I'm being honest. That would fix the ooz deal. The private thing, I have no idea.

• Upvote 1

I live in a county close to Maryville city schools. I send my kids there[Maryville] for the athletics. I pay tuition and follow the rules. Is it fair? No. I hear the excuses like it's about the academics, or there has to be room for ooz students, bull. If your kid can play there will be room made no matter the school or system. The tssaa knows whats going on and they don't care as long as their making money. My suggestion would be no ooz kid can play sports. They want to pay to go to a school fine, but no play for pay. If you want to play then move there. Yes this would be cutting my own throat, but I'm being honest. That would fix the ooz deal. The private thing, I have no idea.

At least you are honest about it. You better hope they don't make your suggestion a rule, then you would have to go drop $400,000-$500,000 on a house in Crosscreek. You are already going to be in debt buying that boy a Hummer or BMW to drive, unless Starz is making those payments for you. LOL. At least your kid is getting an "all world" education that he could not get if he went to county schools.

I laugh when I read all of the "you have to have a certain GPA, and no disciplinary issues, etc....." to get into Maryville or Alcoa as a tuition student, and then only if there is room.

I am not against and I don't think that tssaa can stop a County from having OZ because it is legislative thing tax thing that's how the county help or offset money plenty or something from federal government for over crowding the school, I guess. Do you really think someone would pay to go to Whitwell High school no disrespect to Whitwell but come on LOL... And if tssaa made some kind of rule on OZ in a county like Marion it would really hurt Whitwell more than anybody because they are 1A sometime 2A with very like football player with not much talent. (Again no disrespect to Whitwell) but it is true. I don't think it is a bad think to have OZ it give a kid options if he or she like a better atmosphere at a school. It not like a kid is coming from another state.

I know this will make some people made but it is funny to me,(but like I said I like the OZ thing)that running back South Pittsburg had last year #11 that was real great, he lives in Jasper approximately three minutes from Marion County High school LMAO...

Tssaa is corrupt at the HIGH LEVEL.

Edited by rc213v

I have contacted StarsNbars about his garbage service. I heard if my boys can get their 40 time down below 4.8 secs the price of garbage service is cheaper than the tuition and playing a sport guarantees them enrollment :roflol:

40 time and banch press Frinitlites...Knott evurbodee cain offur Christmus Day pick up eithur!!!.... :thumb:

At least you are honest about it. You better hope they don't make your suggestion a rule, then you would have to go drop $400,000-$500,000 on a house in Crosscreek. You are already going to be in debt buying that boy a Hummer or BMW to drive, unless Starz is making those payments for you. LOL. At least your kid is getting an "all world" education that he could not get if he went to county schools.

I laugh when I read all of the "you have to have a certain GPA, and no disciplinary issues, etc....." to get into Maryville or Alcoa as a tuition student, and then only if there is room.

Fellers tha cure fer this problem iz simpull..... one werd "axles"....Jist do like me and momma haiv dunn....Live inn a dubble wide....(Why didjee thank thay bilt tha Claytun Mow-Bile Homes Centur Fer Tha Purformin' Arts inn Mairvul ennyhow???)... :thumb: ...And ewe cain moove and hook up yore brown water two enny city's connecshuns!!....And yore kidz cain go two skool thair and play footbawl (onlee aftur eye haiv put tha stopp watch two 'em tho).....

And countryREB don't woiry...Yore kids cain ride inn Nellie Belle ennytime thay want.... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS