Dresden Lions 2014

hogheaven

Got hunter Quinn tbow jake roddqbush other than Kendall there wasn't a lot of tackles made by d line. Need two beasts at inside backer. Mitchell if he gets stronger and faster ...... Who would be 2 nd? Just think jolley is better fit there. Always thought that. Takes off. 20 pounds he would hurt rbs and cause fumbles. Plus he likes to stand up and see play so that hurts on d line. He was like the Humboldt big backer on scout in practice...hard to block. Big and quick. May be best returning o lineman too

Would love the pistol look.......   What about  thoughts on the O line?

From the size of the kids coming back the O line will be much larger than this year. Only thing I'll question is the speed / footwork of the O line. Pistol look doesn't sound like a Dresden type offense. Isn't it more like power / smash mouth running type offense? I haven't seen Dresden have dominate line play enough to run at will. Hodge is very good at adapting the offense to his teams strong points. With Dale Hutch we were more of a spread throw it around type team, with Hatchel we were QB read type and mostly run until Gatlin got comfortable throwing, last year we just gave it to Raymer after Davis got hurt. I still think lack confidence in the passing game got us beat against Adamsville. This year was a good mix of run / pass with Dresser. This freshmen and upcoming freshmen will be amazing in time, key word is time! I think with a year or two to get stronger and accustomed to the high school game the sky is the limit.

What do I know I thought we would win gold this year.......

I read where the pistol is designed for a qb that can run and pass.  I am not taking anything away from our qb but he is a much better passer than runner.  Hatchel was the pistol type qb.  Dresser is a pure drop back qb who if need be can scramble a little bit and find a receiver.  We tried some runs against Humboldt with him and they just did not work.  Great kid, great work ethic and will be a great high school qb but not a runner.  Lets drop back and throw it all over the field to what I believe is going to be a very talented group of receivers!!!!!!  Sorry hog!

Is it football season yet?!? I'm ready to get fired up again. Upcoming sophomore class should be phenomenal. Hope new freshmen are ready to work. Looking for Jolley to be a be a beast. He would be intimidating at backer for sure.

What y'all talking bout Run AND throw? Am I in the right forum? Dresden Lions, right?

Is it football season yet?!? I'm ready to get fired up again. Upcoming sophomore class should be phenomenal. Hope new freshmen are ready to work. Looking for Jolley to be a be a beast. He would be intimidating at backer for sure.

What y'all talking bout Run AND throw? Am I in the right forum? Dresden Lions, right?

Dude! Where the heck have you been? Like yso said wait till the end of the season to show up......what's up with that? I think you should apologize.