5A preseason Coaches Poll

Run their lip, that's about it. Never done anything significant in any sport other than cheerleading.

Haha...what has Ooltewah done ever!!!

SAY WHAT YOU WANT BUT WE ARE A PLAYOFF TEAM EVERY YEAR...WILL GIVE ALL YOU HATERS A RUN.....YOU ALL WERE BOUNCED OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS....HECK SOME OF YOU RAN OUT BY HALFTIME...NOBODY ON HERE IS UNDEFEATED....TRY AGAIN....

Sounds like you are back tracking. You start this smack talk and then talk junk about our tradition when I remember Ooltewah being a bottom feeder some years ago. Oak Ridge, Gallatin, and many others have a long tradition in which we as fans are very proud of and will talk about to anyone who will listen. More so those teams have respect from each other.

As for Ooltewah, yeah, tough team nowadays no doubt. Building tradition. I have no personal hatred for Ooltewah. In fact I remember 2 media members from Ooltewah who gave me and a buddy free tickets to a state championship game in the early 2000's. Used to have a group called the "refs" who cheered readily for the Owls. Not sure if they still do now. Besides that I think I have driven by the stadium once or twice. Other than that I have had no experience with Ooltewah. Good luck but be respectful, PA.

Ooltewah has 4 state championships in softball, and has placed over 25 young ladies in D1 programs. They also have had 4 or 5 state champions in wrestling and also have had a few boys track champions.

I will throw this in as well:

In 2006 Ooltewah went 13-1 and along the way during the regular season beat William Blount, Heritage, Farragut, and Oak Ridge and then in the playoffs:

Beat Science Hill 38-14, Sevier Co, 27-14, Farragut 42-14.

In the semi lost to state champion Smyrna 25-28 @ Smyrna. who went on to kill Ravenwood 35-14.

I was at the game standing in the end zone and I must say one of the worst hose jobs ever. Late in the 4th Ooltewah's reciver caught a ball over the middle and took it to the house putting Ooltewah up, the kid ran right at me as he crossed into the end zone with no one near him after 2 steps into the end zone he raised his arms to celebrate the ball fell out of his hands and rolled out of the end zone. The over weight old ref who was 20 yeards behind him ruled it a fumble and Smyrna got the ball on the 20. Ooltewah held and got the ball back and drove to the 10 yard line and on the last play for the win the DB still right in front of me shoved off ball game over yea same back judge.

So the owls have been there, and in my  mind should have won the thing in 06.

But who care now but Benny Monroe, Ted Gatewood and old nuts like me.

Edited by chattacane

Don't forget in 2005 the second half come back against Number One Oak Ridge.

Down something like 32-7 and came back to win on a 50 yard tight end streak with about a minute to go. Had to hold on at the end to seal it but that has to be the best and loudest game ever played  on the owls turf. Oak Ridge had more studs on that team than I have ever seen on one high school team.

2006 against William Blount "The Drive" was pretty exiciting as well!! Nice payback for the previous year at Blount.

Don't forget in 2005 the second half come back against Number One Oak Ridge.

Down something like 32-7 and came back to win on a 50 yard tight end streak with about a minute to go. Had to hold on at the end to seal it but that has to be the best and loudest game ever played  on the owls turf. Oak Ridge had more studs on that team than I have ever seen on one high school team.

2006 against William Blount "The Drive" was pretty exiciting as well!! Nice payback for the previous year at Blount.

Yeah we did. No reason for us to lose that game against Ooltewah in 2005, but we did. Falls solely on our coaching staff at the time. That's why that coaching staff is gone because they couldn't get the job done. All credit in the world to the Owls for beating us in that game, but their was zero excuses in the world for that to happen. Also, zero excuses in us not bringing the gold ball home in 2005 against Ravenwood. Lackluster coaching bit us in the a** that year, no two ways about it. Credit to Ravenwood and Ooltewah for beating us, though.

Going back to 2001 when Ooltewah and the Knoxville area teams were in the same district and including the playoffs it breaks down this way.

The Owls are:

Anderson Co 1-0

Lenoir City 1-0

Powell 0-1

Austin East 2-0

Wm Blount 6-3

Heritage 7-0

Farragut 7-3

Oak Ridge 5-3

Campbell Co 1-0

Bearden 1-1

Sevier Co 2-0