5A preseason Coaches Poll

Let's do a last 5 year snapshot

District 9-AAA. 2 state titles (Beech), 2 finals appearances (Hville), 3 semis (MJ 2, Hville 1)

District 5-AAA. 1 semi (Cleveland)

Did I miss something? Please correct me if I am wrong. Also 2 top 30 players last year in the country (Hurd and Malone).

😠Thank you!

Guys, don't pay any attention to passive. He says 4AAA is a cupcake district and our district sent two teams to cookeville in 5A and 6A, Maryville and Knoxville West. And then we have teams that are typically good like Farragut and Bearden. But yeah... We are a cupcake district lol

A bit Dog sure will bark......

Gov; sounds like passive doesn't get out of his district much.

all need your eers checked...

Let's do a last 5 year snapshot

District 9-AAA. 2 state titles (Beech), 2 finals appearances (Hville), 3 semis (MJ 2, Hville 1)

District 5-AAA. 1 semi (Cleveland)

Did I miss something? Please correct me if I am wrong. Also 2 top 30 players last year in the country (Hurd and Malone).

so that makes you tough???? :roflolk:  :roflol:

Thank you!

Passive's logic (or lack thereof) is that 5AAA teams can't win it all because their teams get banged up from playing so many tough district games. This is also his excuse for why 7AAA always loses to maryville. The fact of the matter is football is a physical game and it's inevitable that teams are going to be banged up by November or December... It just happens..... It happens to every team... The teams that can overcome all that get to hoist the goldball.. Its really that simple.

so what's your excuse....second to the last cupcake in the district

so this makes you tough???

you could stick a fork in 9AAA after the golden boys left....what ya gonna do now...bring back the wingT?? We are tough..we have my Owl, Canes..BlueRaiders and Da Bears....all playoff teams..and we will be right there in the mix....

Do what they have always done. I think Mondo already gave you a last 5 years rundown. There are good teams down in Chatt but don't count out the northern middle Tenn teams. Edited by GWAVE1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Why did the coach get rehired after she was let go as an assistant by the former Warren County coach and the current AD?? Is that accurate?? I am very familiar with situations like this. Suprised lawsuits haven't happend before. If the coach unfairly let the player go, I think she has a shot because it cost her a scholarship. No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team. Not going to happen. There are bad hires like this a bunch and kids are treated unfairly by coaches that can't coach a lick and have super long ropes somehow. Amazing how some of these coaches get hired and keep their job. 
    • I am going to assume you are not a lawyer, and most reasonable lawyers would not say the lawsuit has a zero percent chance in court. I agree with you that a coach has the ability to dismiss anyone from a team. However, Ms. Winfree was never presented with the opportunity to present her witnesses and have them tell the coaches and administrators what they heard. A lawyer could better explain the lawsuit and the grounds to you. Before you start making wild assumptions about the lawsuit, would it be too much to ask that you do a little legal research first? The lawsuit is dealing with due process, loss of property, and defamation.   You can read the lawsuit here: https://bdnewsletter.files.wordpress.com/2024/04/doc-1-complaint-filed-4-18-2024.pdf  
    • The administration took the path of backing the coach and whispering to people that the kid was a problem. The reality is that the kid was never a problem on a team or classroom. The player says she has witnessed who back her not saying the f-word.  Why did the coach make that story up and other stories? I am not Sigmund Freud and do not have an answer for the ex=-coach's behavior..  
    • I think they have they coach they want close to being done. I guess we will all see how this plays out. I hope the hire a good one. There are some players in the box for the next coach to work with. 
    • Going to grundle Troy Fleming?