5A preseason Coaches Poll

Who cares what district is better? Districts don't win state titles, teams do.

Seems like one of your district compadres likes to stir the pot some. He needs to fact check a little before the mouth starts running over. He started it and can't back up his mouth.

Don't worry about this"ringless" Owl over here!

ALL YOU PRESEASON HYPE MAGNETS IN MIDDLE AND WEST TENNESSEE IN 6A FOOTBALL

ALL THESE D1 PROSPECTS THAT SAY YOU ARE CONTENDERS FOR THE GOLD BALL

IF YOU LAY AN EGG AGAINST EAST TENNESSEE

I'M CALLING FOR YOUR COACHES LICENSE

What????

In 91' Gallatin just flat out got pounded by a much better team. Shawn Summers was just unstoppable. It was sweep left sweep right and even if we stopped Oak Ridge on 1st and 2nd down they always managed to make the 3rd down yardage and then some. Gallatin was about 1 year early because in 92' they won it all. 93' was disappointing because they had that stupid bye week and if Gallatin had gotten by Oak Ridge I really liked their chances of going again. Shortly after Calvin Short announced his retirement and it just really made the season feel worse. Gallatin had a great defense in 93' but against Oak Ridge they just had trouble scoring at times. I remember they took out the starter and put the back up QB in and started moving the ball but they ran out of time. A little earlier and that might have had a different outcome. Those games were classics. Huge crowds and great tradition!!

Hey Green Wave. I remember having some great games against the Green Wave when we used to play them. The ones I recall the most are of course probably ones you would like to forget in 91 & 93. Miss playing you guys. Two great traditional teams.

My boss played for WB during that time and he has talked about how good that '91 oak ridge team was. In '91 OR beat WB 44-0 (i think) in the first round of the playoffs. My boss was a freshman and started in that game at linebacker and the one thing he talked about is how strong summers was. He said on 1 play summers dragged him about 10 yards before he was able to bring him down. That's pretty impressive because my boss is a big ole boy!

In 91' Gallatin just flat out got pounded by a much better team. Shawn Summers was just unstoppable. It was sweep left sweep right and even if we stopped Oak Ridge on 1st and 2nd down they always managed to make the 3rd down yardage and then some. Gallatin was about 1 year early because in 92' they won it all. 93' was disappointing because they had that stupid bye week and if Gallatin had gotten by Oak Ridge I really liked their chances of going again. Shortly after Calvin Short announced his retirement and it just really made the season feel worse. Gallatin had a great defense in 93' but against Oak Ridge they just had trouble scoring at times. I remember they took out the starter and put the back up QB in and started moving the ball but they ran out of time. A little earlier and that might have had a different outcome. Those games were classics. Huge crowds and great tradition!!

Yes they were man. Summers is still the best I have ever seen at the HS level. I have seen more with more pure athletic ability, but he was what I just call a "football player" Thing was he was every bit as good on defense, too. That's what a lot of people don't realize. I agree about the tradition and crowds. You would've though we brough the whole city of Oak Ridge to that game.