5A preseason Coaches Poll

They also platooned both offensive and defensive lines at will. Just because the names don't show up on the starter sheet, doesn't mean they didn't play as much or at the same level (which they happened to do). The substitution was the same for most other positions with little to no slip in talent.

Ok I'll take your word on it. I am sure you know about them wayyyy more than I do. If I was a betting man though I would bet on the finals being West vs Hillsboro, but that's my unbiased opinion.

Henry County is pretty much the same team as last year but with more experience. I wouldn't be shocked to see another 15-0 season.

Not sure i would call it the same team, but theres definitely a lot of familiar faces back including starters and backups who played a lot. The holes we were left with are filling up more than adequately as well.

Ok I'll take your word on it. I am sure you know about them wayyyy more than I do. If I was a betting man though I would bet on the finals being West vs Hillsboro, but that's my unbiased opinion.

Much respect to Hillsboro. I agree they should be a strong contender this year, but on this side of the bracket, if I was to exclude Henry County from the discussion (not that I actually am, only for discussion's sake), I'm still not sure I'd place Hillsboro over Memphis East. As someone who watched them play against us, I will say that the Mustangs were, in my opinion, a very, very close 3rd best team in 5A last year behind Henry County and Knox West, and the talent they return from that team is undeniable.

Much respect to Hillsboro. I agree they should be a strong contender this year, but on this side of the bracket, if I was to exclude Henry County from the discussion (not that I actually am, only for discussion's sake), I'm still not sure I'd place Hillsboro over Memphis East. As someone who watched them play against us, I will say that the Mustangs were, in my opinion, a very, very close 3rd best team in 5A last year behind Henry County and Knox West, and the talent they return from that team is undeniable.

You're right. For some reason I overlooked them, but not on purpose by any means. If they gave Henry Co all they wanted and more last year and have a lot returning then by all means yes they should definitely be in the discussion. Realistically their are about 4 or so teams who could win it this year, with your Pats being one of them.

don't sleep on 5aaa....there are 3 teams that can very well be in the mix com playoff time...

I don't know how much you can tell from 7 on 7 scrimmages but a good friend watched Oak Ridge at Catholic this morning and was very impressed with Oak Ridge.  His observation was their offense was very explosive.  Their skill sets are all fast and good athletes. He was amazed at how many players touch the ball and can make plays with it.  I heard same thing at Maryville College pass league.  If their QBs can not make mistakes and their able to run the football they could make a serious run. Their line looks big at practice. 

Edited by GIJoe