5A preseason Coaches Poll

Since you dummy's want to make a joke outta what I was saying....I was making the point about the accuracy of the PRESEASON POLLS....THE CLEVELAND BLUERAIDERS WERE NOT ON THE EXAMINER'S 5A PRESEASON POLLS TOP 10!! THE EAST HAMILTON HURRICANES SIZE GOT THEM ALOT OF PUB...ALONG WITH MY OWLS DEFENSE AND THE STUDS WE HAD COMING BACK IN 2013...NOW...THE BLUERAIDER DEFENSE HAS ALWAYS BEEN THEIR ACHILLES HEEL AND HOPEFULLY THEY GET THAT FIXED BEFORE WEEK 0....BUT THEY WERE THE TEAM THAT ADVANCED TO THE SEMIS DESPITE ALL THEIR FLAWS...

IN 2014...THEY ARE LISTED AT 6 AND THE OWLS AT 5 AND YOU KNOW WHY (DEFENSE)..BUT NO EAST HAMILTON HURRICANES BECAUSE OF THE STUDS THEY LOST..

THE CANES HAVE A NEW SIGNAL CALLER..AS WE ALL HAVE AND HE WILL BE A STUD BY MID SEASON

THE CANES HAVE A COUPLE OF D1 PROSPECTS IN THAT SECONDARY....ONE THAT YOU WON'T SEE UNTIL LATE IN THE SEASON AT THE RIGHT TIME...A HUUUUUUGE O-LINE THAT HAVE DECREASED THE AMOUNT OF BISCUITS EATEN SO THEY CAN OPEN THE WHOLES FOR THOSE SCAT BACKS WHO ARE REALLY FAST.....AN OVERHAULED DEFENSE WITH SOME EXPERIENCE FROM 2013...AND A GREAT COACH (FORMER OWL)THAT KNOWS HOW TO WIN...THEY WILL END UP IN THE POLLS..

We are talking about PREseason polls DUMBO!!! 

We were actually talking about the Murphy Fair coaches' poll...you're the one who brought the Examiner into the mix.

All for nothing, really...because it's all opinion based on suspicion and reputation.  And, for once, I'll agree with your assessment of EH.  They are waiting in the weeds...talking about being "down" but will be right there in the mix.

We were actually talking about the Murphy Fair coaches' poll...you're the one who brought the Examiner into the mix.

All for nothing, really...because it's all opinion based on suspicion and reputation.  And, for once, I'll agree with your assessment of EH.  They are waiting in the weeds...talking about being "down" but will be right there in the mix.

I think that you rather I talk about that :popcorneater:  defense....more motivation..

Murphy Fair just released the 5A coaches pre-season poll.

Hard to argue much of it...but, as pre-season polls go, much is based on two things:  how they finished the year before and who they have returning.

1. Henry County

2. Knoxville West

3. Ridgeway

4. Memphis East

5. Ooltewah

6. Cleveland

7. Shelbyville

8. Beech

9. Anderson County

10. Oak Ridge

As big of a Maverick Fan as I am, I believe AC should be ranked 11 or 12, Keep Oak Ridge at 10 and replace AC with South Doyle.  As I read through CoachT when I comes to talking to other members about who they think will be tough this upcoming Season everyone seems to forget about a South Doyle team that returns 18 starters, a UT commit in Bruce and gave AC all we wanted in the second round last season.  It may be due to them being a average to below average team in recent history, but it is not deserved by this South Doyle team to not be recognized as a competitor going into this season.  I look for them to be a deep run team in the playoffs until of coarse they go to West in probably the 3rd round.  JMO but I think they are being overlooked.

As big of a Maverick Fan as I am, I believe AC should be ranked 11 or 12, Keep Oak Ridge at 10 and replace AC with South Doyle.  As I read through CoachT when I comes to talking to other members about who they think will be tough this upcoming Season everyone seems to forget about a South Doyle team that returns 18 starters, a UT commit in Bruce and gave AC all we wanted in the second round last season.  It may be due to them being a average to below average team in recent history, but it is not deserved by this South Doyle team to not be recognized as a competitor going into this season.  I look for them to be a deep run team in the playoffs until of coarse they go to West in probably the 3rd round.  JMO but I think they are being overlooked.

Agreed. Been trying to tell folks the same thing.

As big of a Maverick Fan as I am, I believe AC should be ranked 11 or 12, Keep Oak Ridge at 10 and replace AC with South Doyle. As I read through CoachT when I comes to talking to other members about who they think will be tough this upcoming Season everyone seems to forget about a South Doyle team that returns 18 starters, a UT commit in Bruce and gave AC all we wanted in the second round last season. It may be due to them being a average to below average team in recent history, but it is not deserved by this South Doyle team to not be recognized as a competitor going into this season. I look for them to be a deep run team in the playoffs until of coarse they go to West in probably the 3rd round. JMO but I think they are being overlooked.

Amen! They had some good looking athletes at yesterday's 7 on 7.

I actually think they are pretty close. But of course to get in the top 10 they will have to be tops in there district. District 3 AAA Oak Ridge is loaded with talent so they will be competing again but much better this year. AC lost the line but have Fox back. AC has improved on their Defense in remarkable fashion. AC adjustments when Fox was hurt taught them a valuable lesson to make sure they were a well-rounded team. So look for 2 more stars to emerge for AC that are very talented with speed. And Speed does kill.  But I will not mention any names as we will see soon. Barring major injuries for AC, I look for a repeat sparing for District Champs. Unfortunately I will miss my offer to be on the sidelines this year but will be following the Mavs via phone and internet while home in Seattle.

Henry County is pretty much the same team as last year but with more experience. I wouldn't be shocked to see another 15-0 season.

I saw where they have 3 starters on offense coming back and 6 on defense. I don't know about the same exact team with those numbers, but I wouldn't be shocked if they don't go 15-0 again either. But, 3/6 isn't what I would call the same team as last year.

I saw where they have 3 starters on offense coming back and 6 on defense. I don't know about the same exact team with those numbers, but I wouldn't be shocked if they don't go 15-0 again either. But, 3/6 isn't what I would call the same team as last year.

They also platooned both offensive and defensive lines at will. Just because the names don't show up on the starter sheet, doesn't mean they didn't play as much or at the same level (which they happened to do). The substitution was the same for most other positions with little to no slip in talent.