YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE

Buddha14

Records are a good indication of how good a team is in 5 or 6A maybe. Lower classification teams its not close. Good example Oakdale is 4-0 Im happy for them and that's great for a small school but.....look at who they have played compared to other schools similar in size and classification. Cosby is 0-4. switch their schedule with Oakdale and you could also switch their records. Cosby has played 3, AAA schools and the #3 ranked 1A team in the state and has competed well with all but 1 of them for the most part.

Oakdale has been down for so long they've improved by leaps and bound this season.

I think this is a Boyd team that isn't that scary(probably first time since 1998). I think at the very least CB goes 8-2 and gets to start the Playoffs at home(probably against South Pittsburg)

I will disagree on this one.  We played Boyd and they are talented.  We were able to tire them out.  They are the only team with the exception of Grace that consistantly drove the ball on us.  McMinn County relied on big plays.

Forrest did that exact thing. We played a AAA school in Alabama. Hung tough for a half then got our doors blown off. Literally. No cars going back to TN had doors. None.  35-7 final. We were awful in the 2nd half and our record reflects that loss.

Forrest has since beaten a AAA in Cascade, pretty soundly, and will be tooth and nail with a AAAA school, Page, in about 10 days. It's humans vs. humans folks.

Not to split hairs but it's 3a or AA...4a or AA. Classes are in AAA...5a & 6a...in AA...3a & 4a...in A...1a & 2a.

And a brown cow gives chocolate milk. Records means nothing, the playoffs are what determines who you really are.

I agree but the factors that determine making the playoffs the last few years puts an emphasis on winning wether you beat Southwest Podunk School for nurses and nuns or Alcoa the TSSAA says a win is a win????? when that's the case scheduling becomes very difficult..for example we have to play Pigeon Forge and other bigger schools ... and yall up there are playing Happy Valley and Johnson County and other Bigger schools.  To the TSSAA a win against Jellico looks better than a close loss to a 3A.??

I agree but the factors that determine making the playoffs the last few years puts an emphasis on winning wether you beat Southwest Podunk School for nurses and nuns or Alcoa the TSSAA says a win is a win????? when that's the case scheduling becomes very difficult..for example we have to play Pigeon Forge and other bigger schools ... and yall up there are playing Happy Valley and Johnson County and other Bigger schools.  To the TSSAA a win against Jellico looks better than a close loss to a 3A.??

True but nearly all small schools have to play up, just not enough small school's in many areas to fill the schedule. The playoffs are crazy the way they do it now and what they are fixing to do is just as crazy.

The system does take into account the records of the teams that you beat etc.  so some wins may be worth more than others for teams trying to get into the playoffs. 

True but nearly all small schools have to play up, just not enough small school's in many areas to fill the schedule. The playoffs are crazy the way they do it now and what they are fixing to do is just as crazy.

I don't have a problem playing up, but like I said earlier and I might be wrong and might make some people mad but We are 0-4 Oakdale is 4-0 We could miss the playoffs they might make it we would beat them by 35...I think...just my opinion. We are punished for losing to 3A schools while the teams lucky enough to schedule weaker opponents are rewarded with a shot at the playoffs.