Dobyns Bennett Football for Dobyns Bennett fans

BatmanDB

It's gotta be better sitting than some visitors side seating we've been to lately . Geez they must save money I guess by having these Stands that are Children size . At Oakland we all had to sit sideways and then this huge guy sits down in front of us and basically laid on us the entire game , geez ! For all I know maybe Maryville's visitor side seating is the same way , I don't know .

Yeah there is no knee room at all at Maryville but when you come to D-B you'll find visitor stands that only go from the rear of one end zone out to about the nearest 30 yard line. Past that is the baseball field outfield so no bigger stands can ever be put there. They sometimes bring in a couple portable stands like you would see at an elementary school baseball field. Now that bigger schools are exclusively on the schedule I hope that something can be designed to improve this.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have some mini- me portable stands that hold a couple hundred from around the 50 back towards the baseball field every year.I'll tell you how big they are.I watched one man and a little atv or utv put them in place this year....I got home and watched the West game last night.Bad picture because of the rain I guess but a fun game to watch.That running back for West can move,didn't catch his final yardage but it was well over 200.I hope to catch another east TN win when I get home tonight...As for our football team.I hope all the players seen what a good weight program can do by watching some of these teams in the finals.The QB for West reminded of one of my boys with his smaller size but superman strength.You take two guys that are equal in size and speed but one is twice as strong.The advantage goes with the strength most of the time.Same with teams that are equal in most ways.Some things you can't overcome like speed ,but never let another team out work you .

2015 Dobyns Bennett Football Schedule...

8/21  Tennessee High   A

8/28 Oak Ridge             H

9/4   William Blount       A

9/11 Sevier County       A

9/18 Hardin Valley        H

9/25 OPEN DATE

10/2 Maryville               A

10/9 Bradley Central    H

10/16 Bearden             H

10/23 Jefferson Co.     A

10/30 Science Hill       H

Looks to be a good and tough schedule for next year. ROLL TRIBE!!!

Maryville has just given up 28 points in the first quarter.If there is a team that can gather it's composure, it's Maryville. Nomatter what happens, this is what everyone should always remember about the final four in 6A.There are great teams all across the state even if you get past a Maryville or Whitehaven.

2015 Dobyns Bennett Football Schedule...

8/21  Tennessee High   A

8/28 Oak Ridge             H

9/4   William Blount       A

9/11 Sevier County       A

9/18 Hardin Valley        H

9/25 OPEN DATE

10/2 Maryville               A

10/9 Bradley Central    H

10/16 Bearden             H

10/23 Jefferson Co.     A

10/30 Science Hill       H

Looks to be a good and tough schedule for next year. ROLL TRIBE!!!

DB will not have to worry about perfect records but getting better as each season goes along.Much like the 2007 team that lost to some fine teams early but did get better.

DB will not have to worry about perfect records but getting better as each season goes along.Much like the 2007 team that lost to some fine teams early but did get better.

Batman - the most glaring thing about this schedule is the absence of the usual tri-cities cupcakes....  you know what I mean, nearly half of DB's games each year could be won just by showing up and drawing plays in the dirt.      I'm sure some of these Knox area teams are not that good but they are going to be WAYYYYYY better than what you have been used to locally.    This means that every week the coaches absolutely must have the team prepared, there is no margin of error for taking a game off and still getting the win just because your opponent is so weak.   You can show up unfocused and still beat Volunteer, Central, etc. by 20 points, but that is not going to happen in this new big boy league.      I only see a couple of DB games each year but I will have to say they are usually well prepared, the lone exception being the 2nd Science Hill game a few weeks ago.    That one was very strange, almost like DB just didn't want to be there     Best of luck next year

This is going to be like the conference my last Indian played in before the last cluster by the tssaa.Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything about the local schools, not at all because TH won that first championship.Just that the 6a teams should have stayed in their own conference.If a local team is strong like TH. Greeneville, South, or Elizabethton most years or your Boone boys that have beat us before and gave us a great game just a year ago.Then put them on the schedule like TH is next year.We will not be the beast of this new conference like the big east because the greatest team in TN football and TN football history is with us.I like it because you can't aim any higher then Maryville. It's an honor to be in that conference and if we do great or get our azz handed to us, it's where DB should be playing.

2nd science hill game shows just what was going on at DB between the first and the second game !! Alot of people were mad at how the Defense was being coached especially in that first game and the actions of him in the last several were showing the players negativity "I seen it on the sidelines and many around me and on here seen it as well.. it proves just what was going on ...simply the wrong ways they were being talked too and coached and clark finally had enough !! Based on the students i have spoken with "he always seems to be mad even as a teacher"

Batman - the most glaring thing about this schedule is the absence of the usual tri-cities cupcakes.... you know what I mean, nearly half of DB's games each year could be won just by showing up and drawing plays in the dirt. I'm sure some of these Knox area teams are not that good but they are going to be WAYYYYYY better than what you have been used to locally. This means that every week the coaches absolutely must have the team prepared, there is no margin of error for taking a game off and still getting the win just because your opponent is so weak. You can show up unfocused and still beat Volunteer, Central, etc. by 20 points, but that is not going to happen in this new big boy league. I only see a couple of DB games each year but I will have to say they are usually well prepared, the lone exception being the 2nd Science Hill game a few weeks ago. That one was very strange, almost like DB just didn't want to be there Best of luck next year

Edited by kingindian33

It takes a special kind of guy to coach young kids in todays time.For that matter it takes someone special to teach as well.That might be why so many are stressed out and look pizzed all the time.If you don't have the right temperament,that might not be the job for you.I could probably sub or volunteer a day or two but not an every day teacher or coach.

I have not heard anything on what changes have been made as to who will be the defensive coordinator.I have heard the guys are working hard.I'll tell you right now that it starts with technique in the weight room.That's the first step,the next step  is work ethic .

I was hoping you were going to say the secondary coach was attending several coaching clinics this off season.