Top 10 teams this year

Blaze45

You ate roast n ears and feed corn to the live stock. Used to do some "slave labor" on a farm out of Telford. During my teen years, and my PaPaw was a jack of all trades, too. I still hate "tobaccie patches."

Having had a family in Ky that had a LARGE tobacco base, I know what you mean. What did you hate the most, stripping or being high in the barn when it came to hanging time?

I was too little and skinny to be up in the hayloft of the barn. Do remember it being awfully hot up in those dang old barns. I hated most all of the tobacco scene but I guess suckering it was a good start to the hating. I was glad when the tobacco allotment was passed on to a neighbor.

How's  the "Bionic Old Dad" doing? 

Spent a lot of time on my papaws big dairy farm.I loved it as a kid .I guess because I was so close to him and my uncles growing up.Don't get me wrong, that is a hard azz way to make a living.They use to get up at 4:00 and work 16 hour days {10 on sunday } before they cut back to milking around 70 cows. My hats off to any man that does that every single day of the year.It makes me laugh to hear people whine about their 8 hour days.

All these posts got me reminiscing about the "good ol days". In a lot of ways life is better. But we have lost something in losing our independence and ability to provide for ourselves. No way I could do all the things my papaw did. Its a lot easier to go to the store than make it myself

All these posts got me reminiscing about the "good ol days". In a lot of ways life is better. But we have lost something in losing our independence and ability to provide for ourselves. No way I could do all the things my papaw did. Its a lot easier to go to the store than make it myself

They said the same thing 50 plus years ago about our great great grandparents,when it was ten times  as hard to milk cows and clear land for planting.It's good to live a little better but it still gets under my skin how some people don't work for anything and expect the rest of us to foot the bill.Back then,those sorry ....... would have starved to death

Edited by BatmanDB

Love seeing the love for the Govs! If they keep up the hard work that might not be outside the realm of possibility.

Shad will win 6-7 games a year there regularly and have 8-9 win teams, too.

That man is the real deal. He proved it to me when he won at MTCS.

I think he gets it turned around immediately. Good to hear WB's scrimmage against Cleveland went the Govs way.

By the way, somewhat off-topic for this post, the fullback #45 on Oakland, Hurd I believe, is a beast. He'll shine in Coach Creasy's Wing-T.